• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTA reward SMRT for frequent train breakdowns

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA reward SBS Transit and SMRT S$1.84 million for service improvement

By admin -
May 9, 2016

Photo of SMRT breakdown from Yahoo

In yet another legalised transfer of taxes to private companies, the Singapore government Land Transport Authority (LTA) paid out a total of S$1.84 million in taxpayer monies to SBS and SMRT for “service improvement”.

Under the Bus Service Reliability Framework, the LTA is contracted to pay out “rewards” when buses arrive on-time. SBS received S$1.34 million while SMRT received S$504,000. The two Temasek Holdings-owned entities have also recently reported record profits, with SMRT alone posting a 20% increase in profits to S$109 million for FY2016.

Despite record profits and state-transfer of taxes, SMRT complained that bus fares are still “not keeping pace with rising operating costs”. The two transport operators have never failed to apply for fare increases every year while the government, through the Public Transport Council, never once failed to approve their requests. Both SMRT and SBS are “recession-proof” as losses will be nationalised and paid for by taxes, while profits are privatised for shareholders. There has been growing speculation that such transfer of taxes is necessary to boost domestic profits compensating for losses in foreign investments made by Temasek Holdings, whose CEO is the wife of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

The CEO of SMRT is the former Chief of Defense Force, Desmond Kuek, while the SBS CEO Juay Kiat Gan was also a senior officer with the Singapore army.

Although there have been an increasing number of train breakdowns, there is no mention of any penalty by LTA. Commuters are also not compensated when the public transport breakdowns caused tens of millions of losses in economic productivity. Interestingly, the two operators were instead “rewarded” for doing their job. In other democratic countries, such “rewards” constitute corruption and the Transport Ministry should be under investigation for corruption.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every time i ride the mrt i can see vast improvements in the system. for example when i ride the circle line, northeast line, north-south line, and east-west line today, everything is running smoothly, on time, and trains are sparsely occupied. this is a pic today from the circle line. (there's an ah tiong chio bu sitting right next to me.)

for perfect service today, i like to thank the lta, smrt, staff and workers for running an excellent system. i expect the next 2 weeks of my ride to be problem-free, as usual. :biggrin:

image.jpg

jw5

Loyal
It means that, their services to their "owners" had improved....more breakdowns, but faster to blame....ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

.................. and radio silence after the breakdowns after which milestones will once again be updated. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.................. and radio silence after the breakdowns after which milestones will once again be updated. :biggrin:

Is there an Award in the world, for any government that award themselves for their own inefficiencies???:biggrin: what quality control is this? more frequent breakdowns & major ones ( BLACK OUT) but they boast, they get it up faster than you say "when"!....& they fine the train/bus provider 1 million or so & then award them 1 million or so for improvements....

ha ha ha only the 60% + people are so stupid...they cannot see the forest for the trees......:p

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its call left pocket into right pocket, own self check own self, pay not to be corrupt, GST to help the poor, recruit dies but 2 officers still get promoted .....
you want more examples?-go ask residents of Bukit Batok.

jw5

Loyal
Is there an Award in the world, for any government that award themselves for their own inefficiencies???:biggrin: what quality control is this? more frequent breakdowns & major ones ( BLACK OUT) but they boast, they get it up faster than you say "when"!....& they fine the train/bus provider 1 million or so & then award them 1 million or so for improvements....

ha ha ha only the 60% + people are so stupid...they cannot see the forest for the trees......:p

Yes, it's called the "Bestest, Fastest, Least Cheapest" award. :biggrin: