• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok By-Election Polling Day 7 May 16- Exit Polls @ 12:55pm

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros & Sis,

i Worry for Dr Aung Juan Soon Chee
:p

murali-at-polling-station-data.jpg

polling-day-chee-soon-data.jpg

polling-day-voter-data.jpg

polling-day-registration-data.jpg

polling-day-voters-bb-sec-data.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Bukit Batok residents headed to the ballot box again on Saturday (May 7), barely eight months after the General Election, to select a new Member of Parliament (MP) for their constituency.

As of 12pm, 12,303 Singaporeans – 47 per cent of the 25,727 registered electors – have turned up to cast their vote, the Elections Department said.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
1462596624925419.jpg

As of 12pm, 12,303 Singaporeans have turned up to cast votes, the Elections Department said in a statement. This makes up 47 per cent of the 25,727 registered electors. ST PHOTO: ONG WEE JIN

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
10.jpg

ST_20160507_PLVOTE07_2272690.jpg

SINGAPORE - Bukit Batok residents started voting for their Member of Parliament on Saturday (May 7), when the polls opened at 8am for the by-election.

As of 12pm, 12,303 Singaporeans have turned up to cast votes, the Elections Department said in a statement. This makes up 47 per cent of the 25,727 registered electors.

Voters started queuing at Block 105A Bukit Batok Central at 7.30am, with about 10 people in line at. By 7.59am, the line had stretched to nearly 50 people.

Amongst the first to cast their votes was Madam Apporvam, 72, a retired laboratory assistant. She said she came early to vote as she had a doctor's appointment later.

“I'm happy to vote, it’s my job as a Singaporean,” she said. "I wasn’t able to vote last time before I moved to Bukit Batok because my previous constituency was a walk-over.”

It is a straight fight for the single-member constituency between the People’s Action Party’s Murali Pillai and Singapore Democratic Party chief Chee Soon Juan.

Some residents brought their family along to vote before heading for breakfast, like Madam Cheong Soh Har, 68. “We came down early so we can have the morning free for breakfast and errands,” she said.

Others came in sports attire following their morning workout, with a few others casting their votes with bags of groceries on their arms after their morning marketing.

Most residents wanted to perform their electoral duties early in order to get on with the rest of their day.

“I have to be at work at 10am, so I came early,” said Mr Raman Mohd, 59, who works at a cafe. “It’s our responsibility as citizens to vote, so I can’t skip this, since it’s our government and we must choose.”

Bank manager Kenneth Tay, 36, said: “I wanted to get it over and done with early so I can run some errands later in the day.”

The by-election was triggered by the sudden resignation of Bukit Batok’s ex-MP David Ong due to personal indiscretion, which residents are taking in stride.

“If it happens, it happens. Certain facts arose about the previous MP, so this is what the residents have to do,” said Mr Tay.

“I have mixed feelings about this, having lived here for over 20 years, said resident Gerard Kolwaski, 47, a sales and marketing manager. “Every time elections come around there are lots of promises about new improvement plans – I hope they follow through. Especially for the elderly, as there are lots of older folks here.”

Dr Chee arrived at the Block 105A polling station at about 9.05am, cycling in from the direction of Bukit Batok Central, where he chatted with residents outside the polling stations and the polling agents at the station.

“I’ve just been going around the different polling stations to make sure everything is okay,” said Dr Chee. “It's shaping up to be a good morning, with a few more rounds to do.”

Mr Murali visited the same polling station at about 9.30am, where he spoke to residents and polling agents.

“I’ve lost count of the stations visited, I started before 8am - but this should be the tail end already,” said Mr Murali.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: Bukit Batok residents headed to the ballot box again on Saturday (May 7), barely eight months after the General Election, to select a new Member of Parliament (MP) for their constituency.

As of 12pm, 12,303 Singaporeans – 47 per cent of the 25,727 registered electors – have turned up to cast their vote, the Elections Department said.

Any telling of sinkies systoms at the polling station? I fear the outcome.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low voter turnout - expected. Dose who strongly support either candidates have already voted.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any telling of sinkies systoms at the polling station? I fear the outcome.

Very Sad - Even the Skies are crying out for Dr Chee -

i feared the Worst for today's Polls Results.

Heavy Down Pours , Lightnings , Thunder Storms

now ( 3.44 pm ) at Bukit Batok !!!

Even The Heavens are Intervening for Dr Chee Soon Juan !!!

NYC_Fear_of_Thunder_&_Lightning_Hypnosis_New_York.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Dr Chee wins, Moola Lee will have to start his own law practice very soon unless his grassroots referrals are strong enough to bankroll him to maintain his status at R&T.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very Sad - Even the Skies are crying out for Dr Chee -

i feared the Worst for today's Polls Results.

Heavy Down Pours , Lightnings , Thunder Storms

now ( 3.44 pm ) at Bukit Batok !!!

Even The Heavens are Intervening for Dr Chee Soon Juan !!!

NYC_Fear_of_Thunder_&_Lightning_Hypnosis_New_York.jpg

Is it true ?

I sense it is going to be a very close fight. The final results will tip either way depending on where the swing voters cast their votes.

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true ?

I sense it is going to be a very close fight. The final results will tip either way depending on where the swing voters cast their votes.

Yes Bro , indeed been rainning cats & dogs .
Only 3 hours to go before Polling Officially Stop exactly
@ 8pm. The situations at coffeeshops and
foodcourts and Polling areas all pointing to
Dr Chee's Political Dismise.

Bros And Sis - I am out of here :(:mad:

Each time sinkees forgo the opportunity to rid a PAP politician, they deserve to suffer more. There is karma.

agreed,Sinkies are a unique,one of a kind species never to be found anywhere else in the world.J.R.R Tolkien author of "The Hobbit" and "lord of the rings" should write a book called "The Sinkie" on this mysterious and enigmatic species found only on the island of Singapura.

CSJ knows what he is up against. He has said previously :

"I have said many times before that our struggle is not against the PAP, it is against what the PAP has done to our minds. We must arise from our mental wheelchair. Only then can we start walking proudly and confidently into the future."

Very sad indeed.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is it true ?

Your sensing is way off. Murali will win by a comfortable margin of around 65%. Cheebye Chee will lose as usual. I hope he would be floored again, just like when he collapsed years ago after learning that Mathias Yao beaten him by a landslide.