• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

couple who founded vegan eatery revert to meat-eating

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
couple have been vegetarians for almost 40 years and created a successful vegan restaurant chain but fall in love with meat again after moving to vacaville from sf to run a farm. the reversion happened after one of their old cows needed to be put to death. instead of throwing dead meat away, they ate it and never looked back again. now diners and animal activists are outraged that they are running a profit-making business from vegans while enjoying meat themselves.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/california-couples-return-meat-sparks-163312888.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- At the Cafe Gratitude restaurant chain in California, waiters serve plates of vegan rice bowls, vegetable pizzas and tempeh sandwiches with names such as "Gracious," ''Warm-Hearted" and "Magical."
The last two weeks, though, have been anything but kind.

Angry patrons and animal rights activists are calling on vegans to boycott the restaurants after learning that owners Matthew and Terces Engelhart have begun eating meat and consuming animals raised on their private farm.

"The brand has betrayed my trust by turning around and killing the animals that trust them on their property," said Anita Carswell, a communications manager for In Defense of Animals who says she won't eat at Cafe Gratitude again.

Though the restaurants continue to serve only plant-based food, the couple's decision has provoked a heated backlash in a state where vegan restaurants and juice bars can be as easy to find as burgers and barbecue.
Death threats were left at the couple's Be Love Farm in Northern California and demonstrators gathered outside a Cafe Gratitude restaurant in Los Angeles last week. Meanwhile, groups such as In Defense of Animals are calling on the couple to turn their farm into an animal sanctuary.

The Engelharts themselves declined an interview request, but Terces Engelhart's son and Cafe Gratitude's chief operating officer said the feud against Cafe Gratitude has unfairly cast his mother and stepfather as deceptive animal killers.

"I personally feel it's a little illogical to require my parents to remain vegan for the rest of their lives just because they created a vegan restaurant at a point in time that they were vegan," Cary Mosier said.

The family's chain includes six Cafe Gratitude restaurants and two Mexican vegan eateries called Gracias Madre in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Matthew and Terces Engelhart were vegetarians for nearly 40 years, but decided to return to eating meat after leaving San Francisco and starting a farm about 55 miles away in Vacaville. They started with eggs and cheese from the farm's chickens and cows. Then, after one old cow had to be put down, they decided it made sense to incorporate meat into their diets as well.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eating meat is good. Only pussies stick to a vegan lifestyle. They probably are smoking weed too.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eating meat is good. Only pussies stick to a vegan lifestyle. They probably are smoking weed too.

Eating pussies is good....but do it subtlety & quietly, might cost you a $17,000 job...don't believe ask DAUD...he must be 'smoking' also..."weeds" or not I don't know...psst!..the pussy taken up 'smoking' also....are they VEGAN?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our intestinal length and method of ingestion already shows humans are designed to be omnivores. To be vegetarian or heaven forbid vegan is against our biological design. We don't have two stomachs and chew curd for fuck's sake.

Eat meat, enjoy life and fuck lots. Why bother to hold back when your time is limited?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our intestinal length and method of ingestion already shows humans are designed to be omnivores. To be vegetarian or heaven forbid vegan is against our biological design. We don't have two stomachs and chew curd for fuck's sake.

Eat meat, enjoy life and fuck lots. Why bother to hold back when your time is limited?

I use to have an impression from young that Vegan are healthy people, as in healthier than most of us & have less of the usual conditions that we, MEAT EATERS have, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high blood sugars level....the usual stuff....over the years...I have colleagues , relatives etc..who were VEGAN....not obese like we normally do become!... they have all the conditions I have mentioned & they look healthy on the outside...but inside, they are no different....so, why tortue ourselves eating only GREENS....enjoy life..."eat to live, live to eat"...

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just love it when humans who have gone astray return to their natural state of grace. Kudos to this couple!

Although a person's diet can be mainly vegetarian, some form of animal protein, eggs, cheese, etc can still be eaten. Meat provides some of the essential minerals and proteins necessary for the proper balance of chemicals within the body, some of which cannot be obtained from eating vegetables alone.

Why squabble over what others eat and demand that they must remain vegetarian? Where is the freedom of choice? These again are the works of the (il) liberal intolerants at work, demanding that others listen to and comply with what they viewed as correct way of life. What a bloody bunch of idiots and dictators....

.......FO FO FO FO FO....go find a life and don't try to impose their ignorant views on other people !!!:eek:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Although a person's diet can be mainly vegetarian, some form of animal protein, eggs, cheese, etc can still be eaten. Meat provides some of the essential minerals and proteins necessary for the proper balance of chemicals within the body, some of which cannot be obtained from eating vegetables alone.

Why squabble over what others eat and demand that they must remain vegetarian? Where is the freedom of choice? These again are the works of the (il) liberal intolerants at work, demanding that others listen to and comply with what they viewed as correct way of life. What a bloody bunch of idiots and dictators....

.......FO FO FO FO FO....go find a life and don't try to impose their ignorant views on other people !!!:eek:

Absolutely agree and I am with you on this

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eating pussies is good....but do it subtlety & quietly, might cost you a $17,000 job...don't believe ask DAUD...he must be 'smoking' also..."weeds" or not I don't know...psst!..the pussy taken up 'smoking' also....are they VEGAN?

That one is eat someone's mother's phua pussy.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever others want or wish to eat, it is their choice. Myself, I am all for vegetarianism, but just love meat too much to want to turn vegan. I am anti-animal cruelty mostly for reason to be vegan, but the aroma of barbecue, or smoked meat, very quickly attracts my attention. Can't get excited over a vegan meal. Only thing I say is that if you wish to slaughter an animal to eat, just do it in the quickest, humanely way possible. That's all!

Cheers!

couple have been vegetarians for almost 40 years and created a successful vegan restaurant chain but fall in love with meat again after moving to vacaville from sf to run a farm. the reversion happened after one of their old cows needed to be put to death. instead of throwing dead meat away, they ate it and never looked back again. now diners and animal activists are outraged that they are running a profit-making business from vegans while enjoying meat themselves.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/california-couples-return-meat-sparks-163312888.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- At the Cafe Gratitude restaurant chain in California, waiters serve plates of vegan rice bowls, vegetable pizzas and tempeh sandwiches with names such as "Gracious," ''Warm-Hearted" and "Magical."
The last two weeks, though, have been anything but kind.

Angry patrons and animal rights activists are calling on vegans to boycott the restaurants after learning that owners Matthew and Terces Engelhart have begun eating meat and consuming animals raised on their private farm.

"The brand has betrayed my trust by turning around and killing the animals that trust them on their property," said Anita Carswell, a communications manager for In Defense of Animals who says she won't eat at Cafe Gratitude again.

Though the restaurants continue to serve only plant-based food, the couple's decision has provoked a heated backlash in a state where vegan restaurants and juice bars can be as easy to find as burgers and barbecue.
Death threats were left at the couple's Be Love Farm in Northern California and demonstrators gathered outside a Cafe Gratitude restaurant in Los Angeles last week. Meanwhile, groups such as In Defense of Animals are calling on the couple to turn their farm into an animal sanctuary.

The Engelharts themselves declined an interview request, but Terces Engelhart's son and Cafe Gratitude's chief operating officer said the feud against Cafe Gratitude has unfairly cast his mother and stepfather as deceptive animal killers.

"I personally feel it's a little illogical to require my parents to remain vegan for the rest of their lives just because they created a vegan restaurant at a point in time that they were vegan," Cary Mosier said.

The family's chain includes six Cafe Gratitude restaurants and two Mexican vegan eateries called Gracias Madre in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Matthew and Terces Engelhart were vegetarians for nearly 40 years, but decided to return to eating meat after leaving San Francisco and starting a farm about 55 miles away in Vacaville. They started with eggs and cheese from the farm's chickens and cows. Then, after one old cow had to be put down, they decided it made sense to incorporate meat into their diets as well.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever others want or wish to eat, it is their choice. Myself, I am all for vegetarianism, but just love meat too much to want to turn vegan. I am anti-animal cruelty mostly for reason to be vegan, but the aroma of barbecue, or smoked meat, very quickly attracts my attention. Can't get excited over a vegan meal. Only thing I say is that if you wish to slaughter an animal to eat, just do it in the quickest, humanely way possible. That's all!

Cheers!

i get stares of disbelief and disgust when i invite my ah neh vegan ex colleagues for ribeye bbq. only a canadian-born ah neh hubby shows up as he is raised on canadian bacon and beef. his wife who is india-born and strict vegan faints every time she comes close to the aroma and smoke of charred steak.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So can someone answer the question of why vegans eat vegetables (which are living things too)?

vegetables, fruit, seeds and grains have no brains and nervous systems. it's like eating hair and nails. they keep growing and you can harvest them for delicious snacks. :p

next question is....when zoe swallows, is she slurping in brainless protein or animals yet to have a brain?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only thing I say is that if you wish to slaughter an animal to eat, just do it in the quickest, humanely way possible. That's all!

Cheers!

That's the problem with modern slaughterhouses. They ill-treat the animals from birth to death by keeping them cooped up in tight quarters filled with animal faeces, urine, and carcasses of their dead "colleagues", and then when it's time for the slaughter they make a huge mess and prolong the agony because they can't be bothered to improve their processes. And nobody seems to be interested in rectifying the situation. Animal rights activists (not necessarily vegans themselves) have set their sights on the wrong target by going after the most prominent fast food chains like KFC, as if they are the source of the problem. All they care about is the limelight gotten from going after the giant MNCs. That's what the fucking liberals are good at - going after the spotlight whilst missing the crux of the problem. That's why I increasingly detest bleeding heart liberals.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. From the view of animal cruelty, in fact almost every situation where animal products are used (leather, meat, milk, eggs, etc) the animals are considered only as "merchandise" not a living sentient being. I their world, every chicken hatced, piglet, or calf born, has a mother to nurture and raise them, teach the young ones the skills they need to learn to survive. But in commercial (or factory) farms, the moment they are born, they aer commercially processed, fed for optimal growth, treated with vaccinations, subjected to artificial day/night times that enhances growth, withoug any love, or tenderness, and when it is time they reach optimum market size (or weight) its time to die! That sucks! I am sure we as humans can do better than this, but cost-efficiency is the bottom line and we operate from this standpoint. There are standards set in every co0untry for humane levels of treatment but at gournd-zero, they don't give fuck, It is business. We buy meat from the supermarket, we do see how the animal was treated and slaughtered. We just look at the packaging, and consider its price. That sucks! I hope things improve. But how? There are millions to feed the world over, who is going to take the time to care for the animals? We (and organisations like PETA) pick on MNCs because they are visible, but they are only a fraction of what goes on. And they cannot be policed 24/7 all the time.

Cheers!

That's the problem with modern slaughterhouses. They ill-treat the animals from birth to death by keeping them cooped up in tight quarters filled with animal faeces, urine, and carcasses of their dead "colleagues", and then when it's time for the slaughter they make a huge mess and prolong the agony because they can't be bothered to improve their processes. And nobody seems to be interested in rectifying the situation. Animal rights activists (not necessarily vegans themselves) have set their sights on the wrong target by going after the most prominent fast food chains like KFC, as if they are the source of the problem. All they care about is the limelight gotten from going after the giant MNCs. That's what the fucking liberals are good at - going after the spotlight whilst missing the crux of the problem. That's why I increasingly detest bleeding heart liberals.