• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muslim Mayor For London!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
AFP_A81MI-4872.jpg

LONDON — After a bitter and bruising race, the Labour Party’s Sadiq Khan won London’s mayoral race Friday and made history as the first Muslim elected to lead a major Western capital city.

The outcome is likely to resonate far beyond a change in London’s City Hall, challenging the rise of anti-Islam political rhetoric in the West and giving another powerful voice to Britain’s large Pakistani community just when the country is facing its own identity crisis.

At a time when Islam is seen by many in the West as politically toxic, Khan embraced it to winning effect.

ADVERTISING

Eleven years ago, Pakistanis in Britain faced suspicions and huge public backlash after coordinated terrorist bombings of the London transit system killed 52 people and wounded more than 700.

[‘Trump-style’ bombast rocks London mayoral race]

Labour Party candidate for London mayor Sadiq Khan canvasses for supporters at a market in London on Wednesday. (Justin Tallis/AFP/Getty Images)
Yet Khan has never tried to hide his faith. He memorably tweeted to his main rival, the Conservative’s Party’s Zac Goldsmith, at one point: “Hey @ZacGoldsmith. There’s no need to keep pointing at me & shouting ‘he’s a Muslim.’ I put it on my own leaflets.”

He told The Washington Post on the campaign trail earlier this week: “I want to be the British Muslim that defeats the extremists, defeats the radicals. I’ve got a plan of how we can keep London safe.”

The mayoral election took place just six weeks before Britons vote on whether to stay in the European Union — a question that has raised sharp political divisions on issues that include control over immigration policies.

London’s mayor wields less direct power than big-city counterparts in the United States and elsewhere. But the position has gained a higher profile as a soapbox for various issues — even international affairs — under previous mayors such as the left-leaning Ken Livingstone and the incumbent Conservative, Boris Johnson.

[A guide to Britain’s scandals]

The two front-runners came from strikingly different backgrounds.

Khan, 45, the son of a Pakistani bus driver and seamstress, trained as a lawyer before becoming a Labour Party member of Parliament for Tooting, a south London constituency. He slept in a bunk bed at his parents’ home until he was 24.

Goldsmith, 41, is a longtime environmentalist and son of a billionaire financier. He is currently a lawmaker from Richmond in south London. His sister is Jemima Khan, whose *ex-husband, Imran Khan, is a former cricket star from Pakistan who has since turned to politics in that country.

Jemima Khan appeared to criticize the campaign of her brother, who repeatedly accused Sadiq Khan of giving “oxygen and cover” to Islamic extremists.

“Sad that Zac’s campaign did not reflect who I know him to be — an eco friendly, independent-minded politician with integrity,” she tweeted.

She also applauded Sadiq Khan’s expected win as “a great example to young Muslims.”

The mayoral race was one of a number of local and regional elections across Britain in what were dubbed the “Super Thursday” contests.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...9081fc-0e29-11e6-bc53-db634ca94a2a_story.html

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All female passengers arriving at Heathrow, please have a head covering shawl ready. Men please have circumcision.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's what happens when a clueless western cuntry mixes democracy with muslim fundamentalists. they will exploit the democratic system and take over with an increasing majority. islamic invasion and conquest of europe without firing a shot.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that's what happens when a clueless western cuntry mixes democracy with muslim fundamentalists. they will exploit the democratic system and take over with an increasing majority. islamic invasion and conquest of europe without firing a shot.

That's the decision of the electorate. By interfering with their wishes, it makes you a Hitler! A bloody dictator!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the decision of the electorate. By interfering with their wishes, it makes you a Hitler! A bloody dictator!

trump is right. the u.s. must restrict the unbridled migration of muslims into america before it's too late. for the u.k. it's already too late with their form of moronic compassionate left-wing liberal democracy and britons deserve to get arse-fucked by muslims for ages to cum. may god save america from these camel-humping thugs.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To the Aljunied GRC voters, Lee Kuan Yew's warning of repentance makes him a what? Mussolini?

Ah Gong brought stability, prosperity and peace to most sinkies. Vast majority of sinkies, including moderate opposition cocksuckers, love Ah Gong. Some of us treat Ah Gong like a saint.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Gong brought stability, prosperity and peace to most sinkies. Vast majority of sinkies, including moderate opposition cocksuckers, love Ah Gong. Some of us treat Ah Gong like a saint.

Pray to Ah Gong for salvation when you are at the last legs of terminal cancer treatment.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
trump is right. the u.s. must restrict the unbridled migration of muslims into america before it's too late. for the u.k. it's already too late with their form of moronic compassionate left-wing liberal democracy and britons deserve to get arse-fucked by muslims for ages to cum. may god save america from these camel-humping thugs.
Malay muslims got their arse fucked by chinese in singspore for a hundred years. A time will come when this situation corrects itself.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon on fridays, all buses and underground trains will stop for prayers for 90 minutes. Not doing this will tantamounts to human rights abuse by curbing freedom of worship.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sister to the other mayor candidate, zac goldsmith, was once married to imran khan, the muslim pakistani cricketer.

I bet she is wearing a tudung by now. Islam is such a great religion. Fuck and rape all I can when young, go on a haj when old and I am on my way to Heaven. Same for Christianity if I may add.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some arab ceo's including former ford ceo jacques nasser and carlos ghosn. Famous architect hadid etc, but they are all christians. It won't be long before an a muslim arab hold prominent positions in US.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some arab ceo's including former ford ceo jacques nasser and carlos ghosn. Famous architect hadid etc, but they are all christians. It won't be long before an a muslim arab hold prominent positions in US.

That's the prime reason I support the right to bear arms battle cry of Americans.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet she is wearing a tudung by now. Islam is such a great religion. Fuck and rape all I can when young, go on a haj when old and I am on my way to Heaven. Same for Christianity if I may add.

Muslim do not fuck and rape by force. The girls willingly want muslims to do this as its their desire. Their boyfriends dunno how to fulfill this.