• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam and Chee back in the limelight for all the wrong reasons

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
obviously a mole and unlike the middle ground, she wasnt slapped with a police report for making a politican statement on cooling day.

When the bosses talk about integrity and character, no doubt they referring to shining examples like this cunt.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....the empty vessel TPX fake oppo supporter at it again.....
Scroobal will always take opportunity to maximize any potential damages to CSJ.....
on the eve of polling day, whether CST/Lina were right or wrong, there is no need to broadcast such controversies to readers who may be voting tomorrow...
anybody with half a brain will know that controversies are no good for CSJ.....
the sad part is that there are many naïve who are unwittingly manipulated by such sneaky character.....

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP has lots of puppets in the Opposition camp and Lina is one of them.

Both Chiam and Lina are PAP moles. Seeing is believing.

A Facebook user Stan Chee confronted Mrs Chiam in her post. He posted a picture the Chiams had taken with Potong Pasir’s current MP Sitoh Yipin and Aljunied GRC’s former MP Lim Hwee Hua.
picchiamsitoh.jpg
The Facebook user claimed that the photo was taken a few days before Bukit Batok by-election, and asked if the Chiams were moles. “So friendly to PAP, but want to close down opposition,” he said.

Mrs Chiam responded to him and asked, “What’s wrong with the photo may I ask? I am not a puppet! I have my own integrity and honesty that dare to speak the truth even at the cost of being critcised unfairly.”

To which Stan replied: “Whatever quarrels you have with Chee Soon Juan, or how much you like PAP is your own personal matter. This is not about your own selfish interest. It is about Singapore’s future. Singapore needs more opposition in Parliament. If you have a quarrel with Chee solve it privately. This is about Chiam’s legacy – don’t spoil it. Still not too late for SPP. All the opposition parties including Workers’ Party have already supported Chee. Please support him before cooling-off day and save Chiam’s legacy.” (edited)

Another Facebook user Edmund Ho told her, “Mrs Chiam, please give it a break on old grudges. I’m 35 this year and I don’t wanna hear about what happened in 1993, when I was 12 years old.

What I want to know is how to improve my life going forward. I don’t really care or want to know about your past grudges, who’s right or who’s wrong. Give it a rest.

What I can deduce from this episode is that Singapore does not have an united opposition with comments like your coming at such a sensitive time. I’m very disappointed in your actions.”

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such drama wouldn't happen if sdp send PT. Tactical error for them to send csj.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marvelous. Simply marvelous! Such a cunning devious ploy. I could not have done better. I say a promotion is in order.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop reading at Derek da Cunha

Wow, Derek da Cunha must have some deep seated vendetta with Dr Chee, what he did to Dr Chee is vicious and malicious. And he timed his article perfectly for the MSM to publish it on cooling day for maximum damage on Dr Chee's election.

Agree, should stop reading or listening to such a nasty person like Derek da Cunha.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole thing was totally unnecessary and also shows poor planning. The Chiams did not initiate all of this. The Chaims were approached and the first meeting was held at the home of Kantang John Tan. When nothing came out of it, SDP and Chee should have moved on. The Chiams for the last few years did not mention it. In GE 2015, SDP's Bryan Lim raised it at a rally. And SDP published the article and then distributed the newsletter. How stupid can you be. Did SDP seriously think that the Chiams would not read media articles.

Why even go down this path in the first place. Everyone knows Chiam is wheel chair bound and incapable of doing most things. Surely that does mean he also became stupid along the way.

I am sure every idiot who claims to know a little bit of politics would know of Dr Wong Wee Nam. The guy stood for one election with NSP and got 31% of votes. He keeps claiming that he was invited by SDP, SDA, WP etc and courted by Yaw, Low etc to join them and run on their ticket. He is first one to talk to a foreign reporters and researchers and give the impression that he fought multiple elections. He is now claiming to be middle man and opposition godfather to bring parties together and resolve differences.

He was also the same idiot that wrote a sterling endorsement of Tan Kin Lian, agreed to be part of his strategy team and then switched camps after attending meetings. In the end he endorsed all 3 opposition candidates claiming that they are all friends and ex schoolmates. Why would anyone deal with this guy.

When Lina Chiam first made noise early in the campaign, instead of coming to their senses, SDP continued to plug the newsletter and worse still got Dr Wong to add to the nonsense. This is not case of shooting yourself in the foot. It is basically blowing yourself with an IED thinking you are some sort of explosive expert.

By the way Derek da Cunha is a well respected political observer. He has been scathing not only of the PAP but idiots in the opposition. He article on KJ is one. He is also noted for his unbiased reading of the ground even if it means that the opposition would not do well as in 2015.

If this campaign fails, much of the blame must surely sit with idiots that Chee ended up trusting.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....the empty vessel TPX fake oppo supporter at it again.....
Scroobal will always take opportunity to maximize any potential damages to CSJ.....
on the eve of polling day, whether CST/Lina were right or wrong, there is no need to broadcast such controversies to readers who may be voting tomorrow...
anybody with half a brain will know that controversies are no good for CSJ.....
the sad part is that there are many naïve who are unwittingly manipulated by such sneaky character.....

Don't just shit on people's car roof lah. Is that all you got?. Contribute something remotely and coherently positive for Dr Chee and then we can talk.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole thing was totally unnecessary and also shows poor planning... How stupid can you be. Did SDP seriously think that the Chiams would not read media articles.

Why even go down this path in the first place. Everyone knows Chiam is wheel chair bound and incapable of doing most things. Surely that does mean he also became stupid along the way.

I am sure every idiot who claims to know a little bit of politics would know of Dr Wong Wee Nam.

He was also the same idiot that wrote a sterling endorsement of Tan Kin Lian, agreed to be part of his strategy team and then switched camps after attending meetings. In the end he endorsed all 3 opposition candidates claiming that they are all friends and ex schoolmates. Why would anyone deal with this guy.

If this campaign fails, much of the blame must surely sit with idiots that Chee ended up trusting.

Agree bro. Time and again, I am stumped by these simple mistakes that CSJ made.

Chiam and CSJ are poles apart and it is quite impossible to come together. True enough, CSJ proposed a token post for Chiam and Chiam wanted real power which was impossible given SDP's makeup of more "extremist" type of cadres.

Chiam and Lina kept to their part of bargain to keep quiet when things did not work out. SDP did not. Once it is in your news bulletin, you cannot claim ignorance, CSJ. You should just stop it and NOT harp on.

SDP does not need Chiam at all. CSJ on his own provided he exercises prudence can remake his image. The reason is simple as there is a total lack of opposition folks with name recognition that he has. People in Singapore would love to have someone to rally for to stand for them in case PAP fails or deems to be too arrogant.

Wong Wee Nam is a joke. Yes, I did remember some of the dumbest things he had written. Why let him into your camp and allow him to create havoc to slime your name?

A politician's credibility is all important and it is who you choose to associate with and say. Every word and pic about you and from you is scrutinised. There is no excuse for you to post a photo of you and Chiam in your newsletter for the meta messages you intend to convey. All the more, you should know the media and your opposition is watching closely to pounce on your mistakes.

By writing above, it is clear you know why I often regard CSJ as someone incredibly naive and clueless in this political game. So promising and yet so disastrously muddled as well.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chiams associating with the PAP is not doing any favours for their party candidates and their party members. Someone should have a word with the Mrs. The PAP will use it for their own ends.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chiams associating with the PAP is not doing any favours for their party candidates and their party members. Someone should have a word with the Mrs. The PAP will use it for their own ends.

Not necessary at all. Chiam may be meeting Lee Kuan Yew within the year.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is their twilight. They got no successors. They really intend to retire and it is no more politics for them. The sun is setting on them. It is a closing chapter to their story and being associated with PAP is not something they worry about. It is better than being associated with CSJ and gets blemished with his excesses. Sitoh is like a parallel image of Chiam but only dress in white, and he has treated the Chiams with tremendous respect and deference. I think Chiams are appreciative of that. I think he is a worthy successor to Chiam never mind he is white. Potong Pasir residents actually are the ones who think like that. Notice Sitoh's votes went up by 10% margin in the last election against the Chiams.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's the trouble with SDP and Chee in particular. Forummers like 3_M, Scroo, RandomNexus have pointed out in this and other threads behaviour that shows lack of tactics and forward planning and I concur. There is a distinct lack of political maturity coupled with a high level of self-importance - a very potently destructive combination.

The Chiam saga is fueled by SDP because the party always feels the need to right perceived injustices and set records straight, without thinking of political ramifications. They must know the media is sure to put on a spin that negatively impacts the SDP and surely they must also know the Chiams will defend their honour in the usual manner, which the media will carry. In politics when there are no routes out you sometimes just have to eat humble pie. A leaf can be taken out of WP in this regard.

The Chiams in this instance have presented a different version of events, which has been blogged about by Derek D, and this contradicts the SDP version.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chiams Set The Record Straight

Singapore People’s Party’s (SPP) Chiam See Tong and Lina Chiam want to clarify reports that had been put out by supporters and members of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) of what transpired in meetings between them and representatives of the SDP back in early 2011 (hereafter referred to as “the 2011 meetings”).

One such report was written by a member of the SDP’s Healthcare Advisory Panel, Dr Wong Wee Nam, in a chapter to the 2015 book Teacher Thinker Rebel Why: Portraits of Chee Soon Juan. In rationalizing why the SDP initiated the 2011 meetings with the Chiams, Dr Wong asserted that the “public perception” was that Mr Chiam was “a one-man show” and that this “needed to be addressed”. He went on to further state that Mr Chiam “needed to show Singapore he was magnanimous and had big ideas”. In email correspondence with this writer, however, it was clear that the Chiams felt that this portrayal of Mr Chiam amounted to an unwarranted attack on him. More to the point, it was also a distortion of the facts. In Mrs Chiam’s words, “Mr Chiam and SPP have always been interested in ways to collaborate with political parties”. Her remarks are supported by the fact that it was Mr Chiam who was instrumental in the establishment of the Singapore Democratic Alliance back in 2001 which, at its outset, had four component political parties. Similarly, in the run-up to the 2011 general election, Mr Chiam held talks on possible collaboration with, among others, members of the Reform Party. In the same chapter of Teacher Thinker Rebel Why, Dr Wong made the following claim about the 2011 meetings: “The fact that he (Dr Chee) was willing to let Chiam See Tong come back as a leader to a party that Soon Juan had invested all his youth and kept afloat with all his sacrifices says a lot to me about his dedication.” This claim that in the 2011 meetings Dr Chee was prepared to make way for Mr Chiam to return to the SDP as its leader was also made by SDP member and parliamentary election candidate Bryan Lim at an SDP election rally at the promenade next to UOB Plaza on September 7, 2015.

Reading from a prepared script, Mr Lim was emphatic in saying: “No one can deny that Dr Chee had willingly made way for Mr Chiam to head the party, the party he had made so much (sic) sacrifices for. My friends, if this isn’t a display of Dr Chee’s selflessness then I don’t know what is.” These claims made by the SDP and its supporters that in the 2011 meetings Dr Chee was willing to let Mr Chiam return to the SDP and head the party has been disputed by Mrs Chiam. She provided a clarification to this writer of what was offered by the SDP.

“Among their [the SDP representatives] proposals was that Mr Chiam should return to SDP by himself to take on a non-CEC position as Honorary Chairman, or a similar position that will acknowledge his role as the founder of SDP,” she said. Nowhere did she say that there was a proposal by the SDP for Mr Chiam to return to the party as leader, i.e., as a person with power. Mrs Chiam also made clear that the SDP representatives had laid down terms and set a deadline for their terms to be accepted. “Given their condition that the proposal had to be accepted within one week, among other terms, it was a non-starter,” she made clear. This approach of making proposals which are really empty gestures, laying down terms and setting deadlines which the other party had to accept, has been a consistent approach of the SDP under Dr Chee’s leadership. Here, it is worthwhile recalling that in the lead up to the Punggol East by-election in January 2013, Dr Chee tried to apply pressure on the Workers’ Party by releasing the contents of three letters the SDP had sent to the WP to have a meeting on possible collaboration in the by-election. The SDP also announced its own deadlines for when a meeting would be held. Subsequently, Dr Chee publicly floated the idea that the SDP and WP collaborate in the by-election where the SDP would field a candidate and, if that person won, he would take the seat in Parliament, while the WP would be assigned the far less glamorous, more demanding, job of managing the Punggol East town council. Going back to the Chiams, Dr Chee’s candidacy in the Bukit Batok by-election has reignited unpleasant memories of their dealings with Dr Chee and his close associates. There is clearly no reconciliation between the two sides. And, it is also evident, that the Chiams do not wish to be used to further one man’s political ambitions.