• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If Chee falls defeated in this BE, will it be the end for him politically?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope he wins, but if he loses, what else is new? Same old, same old...............

Cheers!

Would he able to finally reconciled with himself that he will never enter the haloed building down by the Sinkie River?:( Can he understand yellow ribbon projects are for PAP members only? I've suggested years ago that he gives up and just mentor future Opposition hopefuls. Please give it some thought. Let the next generation avenge what had been done to you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is hope but it requires Chee and Chee alone to make the change.

Firstly he must acknowledge the mistakes and I am talking about those related to his character. If not it will be called out repeatedly.

Secondly he must run as a politician and have a party that behaves like a political party. It cannot be a cult of gullible followers. Until he brings in well credentialed individuals especially from the Chinese segment of society and shows that they will remain in the Party it will be a waste of time. And he will not get the right people until he shows clear accountability about the donations. It does not take Einstein to figure out why good people left.

Thirdly he must acknowledge those in the Opposition camps who can be his allies. Note how thru all rallies he gave the impression that Parliament only had PAP MPs and also that no one else existed to oppose to the PAP.

Fourthly he must do the local ground work and identify a geography within Singapore he can start chipping away. His intended constituency cannot be the World, and he various NGOs.

My sense is that he will struggle. The writing was on the wall when he sent a non party member and of all people Uncle Yap to attend the opposition horse trading meeting. It showed great disrespect to the other parties and more importantly the allegation of being a megalomanic came true. It was no surprise to anyone that Uncle Yap was not admitted. It showed he was detached from reality. Hopefully the years would have helped come to a sense of realisation.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee dares to raise issues WP dun dare!

We need a little garang attitude in the Parlee Ment!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chee will almost certainly lose. Grassroots feedback indicate that Murali will win by a comfortable margin. After Chee's defeat, I hope the SDP convenes an EOGM to sack Chee from the party and get a more competent leader with fresh vision and direction. Chee is a spent force and a liability to the SDP. Maybe they could invite Chiam's daughter to take charge of the party, given that Chiam himself is more than half-dead.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion, Dr Chee and SDP ran a very successful campaign this time round in BB compared to the one in Holland Bukit Timah GRC.

This time, they relied more on reaching out to the residents than merely speaking at rallies. You can see that Dr Chee wasted no time and used every single day of the campaign to knock on the resident's doors, meet them at Kopitiams, parks and homes to talk with them and ask for their support.

One of the right strategies that SDP has adopted in BB is to focus on the elderly. There are a lot of Chinese elderly people in BB and most of them have voted for the PAP in GE2015. There are a few reasons for their vote for PAP. One main reason is they all remembered the late LKY who passed away in March and so, most of the elderly folks in BB voted for the PAP in GE2015 because they wanted to show their 'honor' and 'respect' to the late LKY. Second, they voted for PAP because the PAP candidate, and I say this without any prejudice, is a Chinese. Elderly folks have deep-seated racial prejudices as most of them are still very much attached to their cultural roots. So, they would cast their vote for David Ong rather than Sidasivam. Third, the elderly people do not quite know Dr Chee as much as they know LKY. And what they know about Dr Chee is what was written negatively about him in the the mainstream media. The PAP knows this and in this BB election, they have used the ' character smearing' tactics through the mainstream media to remind the elderly folks once again of who Dr Chee is.

But, since the campaign started in BB, Dr Chee and his team had gone all out to connect with the elderly folks in BB. In the rallies, Dr Chee spoke up for the plight of the elderly folks and how, if he is elected, he will go and speak up for them. At the last rally, they even brought up Dr Chee 's mother on stage to show that Dr Chee cares for the elderly in BB as much as he cares for his mother .

I believe this strategy to reach out to the elderly in BB might tip the scale to Dr Chee's and SDP to a win in BB by election. In all fairness,he meant what he said and he will deliver his promises to the elderly and so, he should deserve to win.

If Dr Chee and his team won 33.4% in the last Holland Bukit Timah GRC GE, I think he and his team will be able to get better than that this time round at BB.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, Dr Chee and SDP ran a very successful campaign this time round in BB compared to the one in Holland Bukit Timah GRC.

This time, they relied more on the reaching out to the residents than merely speaking at rallies. You can see that Dr Chee wasted no time every day of the campaign to knock on the resident's doors, met them at Kopitiams, parks and homes to talk with them and asked for their support.

One of the right strategies that SDP has adopted in BB is to focus on the elderly. There are a lot of Chinese elderly people in BB and most of them have voted for the PAP in GE2015. There are a few reasons for the vote for PAP. One main reason is they all remembered the late LKY who passed away in March and so, most of the elderly in BB voted for the PAP in GE2015 because they wanted to show their 'honor' and 'respect' to the late LKY. Second, they voted for PAP because the candidate, and I say this without any prejudice, is a Chinese. Elderly folks have deep-seated racial prejudices because most of them are still attached to their cultural roots. So, they cast their vote to David Ong rather than Sidasivam. Third, the elderly people do not quite know Dr Chee as much as they know LKY. And what they know about Dr Chee is what was written negatively about him in the the mainstream media.

But, since the campaign started in BB, Dr Chee and his team had gone all out to connect with the elderly folks in BB. In the rallies, Dr Chee spoke up for the plight of the Elderly and how, if he is elected, he will go and speak up for them. At the last rally, they even brought up Dr Chee 's mother on stage to show that Dr Chee cares for the Elderly as much as he care for his mother .

I believe this strategy to reach out to the Elderly might tip the scale to Dr Chee's and SDP to a win in BB. In all fairness,he meant Dr Chee will deliver his promises to the elderly as he has spoken in the rally and so he should deserve to win the BB by-election.

If Dr Chee and his team won 33.4% in the last Holland Bukit Timah GRC GE, I think he and his team will be able to get better than that results this time round at BB.

Elderly are mostly apathetic to current affair and are easily contented with what they have. Bringing food to them or taking them out on a durian trip is a more effective way to win their hearts than to tell them you are going to fight for their right in parliament.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is doomed anyway after g.e. 2015.whatever happens after that is inconsequential.frankly if sg wanted to change we should have done it 2 g.e.s ago,we are ten years too late.sinkies deserves the fate they get,I can only hope the rest of us find redemption in life somewhere else on the planet.whatever redemption or consolation big or small.sinkies are mot worth fighting for.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think anyone will argue that Chee and SDP fail to put in effort and time to a high degree for this campaign. What in your opinion would be factors and drivers if Chee does not not win this By-elections?

This time, they relied more on reaching out to the residents than merely speaking at rallies. You can see that Dr Chee wasted no time and used every single day of the campaign to knock on the resident's doors, meet them at Kopitiams, parks and homes to talk with them and ask for their support.

One of the right strategies that SDP has adopted in BB is to focus on the elderly. There are a lot of Chinese elderly people in BB and most of them have voted for the PAP in GE2015. There are a few reasons for their vote for PAP. One main reason is they all remembered the late LKY who passed away in March and so, most of the elderly folks in BB voted for the PAP in GE2015 because they wanted to show their 'honor' and 'respect' to the late LKY. Second, they voted for PAP because the PAP candidate, and I say this without any prejudice, is a Chinese. Elderly folks have deep-seated racial prejudices as most of them are still very much attached to their cultural roots. So, they would cast their vote for David Ong rather than Sidasivam. Third, the elderly people do not quite know Dr Chee as much as they know LKY. And what they know about Dr Chee is what was written negatively about him in the the mainstream media. The PAP knows this and in this BB election, they have used the ' character smearing' tactics through the mainstream media to remind the elderly folks once again of who Dr Chee is.

But, since the campaign started in BB, Dr Chee and his team had gone all out to connect with the elderly folks in BB. In the rallies, Dr Chee spoke up for the plight of the elderly folks and how, if he is elected, he will go and speak up for them. At the last rally, they even brought up Dr Chee 's mother on stage to show that Dr Chee cares for the elderly in BB as much as he cares for his mother .

I believe this strategy to reach out to the elderly in BB might tip the scale to Dr Chee's and SDP to a win in BB by election. In all fairness,he meant what he said and he will deliver his promises to the elderly and so, he should deserve to win.

If Dr Chee and his team won 33.4% in the last Holland Bukit Timah GRC GE, I think he and his team will be able to get better than that this time round at BB.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think anyone will argue that Chee and SDP fail to put in effort and time to a high degree for this campaign. What in your opinion would be factors and drivers if Chee does not not win this By-elections?

If Dr Chee Failed this round. i will ask Dr Chee and Family
to migrate to USA. It comfirm and double comfirm that
SPreans and Selfish Lot - Period !!!

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

where else in the World where u see people go Voting their
Parliamentary spoke person based on - lifts upgrading,
covered walkway , swimming pools , shoppings centre ... ???

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where else in the World where u see people go Voting their
Parliamentary spoke person based on - lifts upgrading,
covered walkway , swimming pools , shoppings centre ... ???

If I was rich or business owner in western countries I will vote for the candidate that promises me tax cuts and rebates.if I was poor I would vote for minimum wage and free healthcare and more welfare policies.only sinkies will sell their votes for a packet of nasi lemak and gst vouchers.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is going to be a very close finish. If PAP wins in the BB by-election, the main factor will be the PAP brand. I don't think Murali is the main draw in this BB by-election. The PAP brand is what sticks in the minds of most elderly people. They literally grew up with it. They know LKY and PAP. They are almost synonymous. SDP branding pales behind PAP's. But Dr Chee representing SDP has become a name with the elderly people during this campaign for all the right or wrong reasons. At the poll, when they cast their vote, if they are unsure for a moment, they will likely tick against the brand they know well even though they may not know who this Murali is.

But now, it is too late to go and put up more PAP banners and signs on the streets. But the PAP can try to mail as many PAP flyers as they could into the resident's mailbox tonight with the last minute hope that the residents may pick it up and get a 'brand reminder' before they go to the polls tomorrow.:biggrin:

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is going to be a very close finish. If PAP wins in the BB by-election, the main factor will be the PAP brand. I don't think Murali is the main draw in this BB by-election. The PAP brand is what sticks in the minds of most elderly people. They literally grew up with it. They know LKY and PAP. They are almost synonymous. SDP branding pales behind PAP's. But Dr Chee representing SDP has become a name with the elderly people during this campaign for all the right or wrong reasons. At the poll, when they cast their vote, if they are unsure for a moment, they will likely tick against the brand they know well even though they may not know who this Murali is.

But now, it is too late to go and put up more PAP banners and signs on the streets. But the PAP can try to mail as many PAP flyers as they could into the resident's mailbox tonight with the last minute hope that the residents may pick it up and get a 'brand reminder' before they go to the polls tomorrow.:biggrin:

PAP is going to win. Period.

Some grassroots leaders and I would be having a great supper at Bukit Batok tomorrow at S-11 to celebrate Mr Murali's victory. You are free to join us. Just say you are from sbf and you are friends of John Tan.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is going to win. Period.

Some grassroots leaders and I would be having a great supper at Bukit Batok tomorrow at S-11 to celebrate Mr Murali's victory. You are free to join us. Just say you are from sbf and you are friends of John Tan.

John, show us your pic. How do I know if you are not John Tan , the Kantang Ang Mo slang from SDP ?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
spore is 1st world, but..
why the MRT breakdown so often..
why so many seniors need to clean tables, collect card boards....
why lock up our CPF...

only CSJ will dare ask these questions

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
we pay some CB mp $16k a month.. hardly see them a parliament...

CSJ will not be the same ..that' s for sure

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
spore is 1st world, but..
why the MRT breakdown so often..
why so many seniors need to clean tables, collect card boards....
why lock up our CPF...

only CSJ will dare ask these questions

MRT already released data to show that MRT has improved reliability.

Seniors are working in their twilight years to exercise, avoid boredom and to earn some extra pocket money.

CPF needs to be locked up because enough morons are getting cheated by their mistresses in Batam and China, or are falling to scams by jiuhukias and ah tiongs.

Chee is an egomaniac. I hope he loses and finally emigrates, never to return.