• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Entire City of 80,000 Residents Evacuated Due To Wildfire! Guess The Country?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
76c2b086802b83ad77b32e98e2769195

An out-of-control wildfire destroyed much of one neighborhood in the remote Canadian city of Fort McMurray and badly damaged other areas, the local government said on Wednesday, hours after it ordered all 80,000 residents to leave in the biggest evacuation in the area’s history.

Firefighters in the northeastern Alberta city at the heart of Canada’s oil sands were bracing for another tough day. Hot, dry weather has made it difficult to bring the fire under control. A forecast for potential fire intensity showed much of the area at class 6, the highest possible level.

Some 44,000 people had fled the city by late Tuesday, but evacuations were delayed by gasoline shortages, local officials said. No injuries or deaths were reported. (Reuters)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wildfires-canada-135432656.html

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
JohnTan, have you got your Canadian PR yet? How long ago did you put in your application?

I am a loyalist to Singapore. I am a stayer, not a quitter. Will fight to the bitter end if Singapore is ever invaded. Why would I need a Canadian PR?

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
CP24 and most Canadian news channels are covering the state of emergency that was just declared today on it. It is quite bad as residents had to leave their homes and be trucked/bussed to work camps as evacuees.

3000 registered yesterday and 1500 today. The main highway was jammed and vehicles littered along the highway. Fire reached right up to the road.

FrancisLim

Sad to see Fort MakeMoney turning into a ghost town. Was worked and lodged last time at Nexan Long Lake couple years ago. Camp room is bigger with in-suite washroom and shower. Highway 63 improvement was still going on well in progress. In the 70'/80' when I first worked on the GCOS & Syncrude projects at Mildred Lake, HW 63 is known as "Highway of Death" with single narrow lane each way. Camp live was suck with small room, sharing washrooms, and food quality is not as good as today. Hope Fort Mac back to normal again soon.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hats off to you. Must have been full of memories for you. Fire has spread and is now ~800+ sq km - larger than size of Singapore. Hope the rains come soon.

Sad to see Fort MakeMoney turning into a ghost town. Was worked and lodged last time at Nexan Long Lake couple years ago. Camp room is bigger with in-suite washroom and shower. Highway 63 improvement was still going on well in progress. In the 70'/80' when I first worked on the GCOS & Syncrude projects at Mildred Lake, HW 63 is known as "Highway of Death" with single narrow lane each way. Camp live was suck with small room, sharing washrooms, and food quality is not as good as today. Hope Fort Mac back to normal again soon.