• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happened to these old brands from the 80s?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
David Lee and Malek Awab used to own sport shops at Joo Chiat Complex... David shop located top level of Joo Chiat Complex... Malek's located on the 1st floor..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fila brand.. New Balance still goin strong... Another brand associated with tennis is Ellesse..

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Davidoff men perfume...

Davidoff Coolwater still selling well..

original_CW.jpg

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ascott - I can't remember whether they made stuff for tennis or squash.
4711 - The cologne or perfume commercial usually come on before a movie back in the 1970s (if I recall correctly).
Panther - Thin sole sport shoes.
Funland and Yippee - Magazines for primary school kids. The magazines will usually consist of short stories and I think pen pal columns. Used to read them when in primary school.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the late 70s, dupont lighters were popular with the bengs. in the early 80s, as a mata mata, i bought one. lasted less than 3 months. left it behind at a nightclub. hardly see them nowadays. using disposable lighters now. no $.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the late 70s, dupont lighters were popular with the bengs. in the early 80s, as a mata mata, i bought one. lasted less than 3 months. left it behind at a nightclub. hardly see them nowadays. using disposable lighters now. no $.

The louder and sharper the "ping' the better and more sey bin.....
Real connoisseurs own the Chinese lacquer instead of the common gold and silver.
Topping up the lighter fluid and changing the flint and cleaning was an artform in itself.....machiam like a gun buff strip weapon and do maintenance

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4711 - The cologne or perfume commercial usually come on before a movie back in the 1970s (if I recall correctly).
Funland and Yippee - Magazines for primary school kids. The magazines will usually consist of short stories and I think pen pal columns. Used to read them when in primary school.

Ascott was local brand and a Patrick rip off....2 short colored stripes at the ankle area was signature logo of Patrick brand.

4711 and also old spice

Panther was China made I think and a rip off of onitsuka tiger asics

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• daimaru.jpg
    daimaru.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 459
  • jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 507
  • chopper.jpg
    chopper.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 80s marios.jpg
    80s marios.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 502
  • coinafon.jpg
    coinafon.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 502

jw5

Loyal

Ascott was mainly for squash. Now they are serviced apartments. :wink:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think Student World and Student Pal predates Funland and Yippee. Nice feature stories on Pontianak.