• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happened to these old brands from the 80s?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember one Indian and his Chinese wife ran a small shop in Queensway and subsequently bagged the sole distributorship for Umbro. He made it big and began sponsoring football clubs. Not sure what happened to him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember one Indian and his Chinese wife ran a small shop in Queensway and subsequently bagged the sole distributorship for Umbro. He made it big and began sponsoring football clubs. Not sure what happened to him.

S Thavaneson, the botak!

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I am not wrong

Umbro belongs to Uncle Choo sole dealership in the 80s

his shop was at Plaza Singapura

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about benson and hedges

still have?

At one time cig brands were put on clothing to bypass the ad ban.
Later they couldn't even but their names but only the logos.
That's how camel active brand started. Always wondered if Dunhill was related to the cigs or not. Or the other way around like Cartier cigarettes

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Queensway Gills and Sons were the first ones who distribute Adidas

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any old school shopping malls still around in sg?most of the ones I know got renovated,kallang leisure park,katong 9 11,the old marina square,katong shopping center,shopping malls nowadays are boring bullshit.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is one apparel brand label "Tutti Fruti", sold at metro departmental stores.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time animal motif as brands very popular.

Lacoste (croc)
Baleno (whale)
Australian (kangaroo)
Munsingwear (penguin)
Puma (puma)
Le Coq sportif (rooster)
Slazenger (Panther)

In the early 80s when it was still Italian owned, Giodano's motif was a toad (frog?)

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From 1970s. Amco was "branded", B&B local joint

Still very much around. Gold packing then (now?). 2 main competing camps, Benson and Dunhill

not sure about dunhill but i think benson will soon travel the way salem did - nowadays known as mevius. marlboro remains strong.