• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP Rally Tonite - Link and whether it will be be turning point for SDP

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Greetings to Bukit Batok Residents from Dr Chee and Family

Video: "Dear Bukit Batok"

[video=youtube;pk7gN6xOQck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk7gN6xOQck[/video]​

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight ' s Rally ( 3 May , Tue ) & Thur 5 May , 6 May is cooling off day

are most crucial. its do or die and be consigned to history notes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the media is controlled by the State, the internet and the rallies are important platforms to get the message across. What are said in Rallies gets across to the social media if the points resonate strongly with the voters. Workers Party without the rallies would not have got the coverage that they received. Rallies are also important as they show the candidates ability to put his voice across. Png Eng Huat is an example of candidate that used the rallies to maximum effect. The crowd was with him from start to finish.

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do u know how many people in BB that dont attend rallies and dont watch youtube and vote for PAP?
i think this portion is significant

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the media is controlled by the State, the internet and the rallies are important platforms to get the message across. What are said in Rallies gets across the media if the points resonate strongly with the voters. Workers Party without the rallies would not have got the coverage that they received. Rallies are also important as they show the candidates ability to put his voice across. Png Eng Huat is an example of candidate that used the rallies to maximum effect. The crowd was with him from start to finish.

Ultimately, the intelligence of voters played a greater part in the election result. I am not sure whether Bukit Batok people possessed that unique intelligence and the gut to vote for Dr Chee. I fear the kiasi sinkie syndrome remained in their bone, which is why I've never wanted look up to 70% voters for hope. In fact, I am beginning to hate Sinkies for being brainwashed since their kindergarten days.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What turning point for Chee? He has lost the by-elections from Day 1. His rally may be crowded, but vast majority of the crowd, including Amos Yee, do not support him and will not vote for him even if they were BB voters.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What turning point for Chee? He has lost the by-elections from Day 1. His rally may be crowded, but vast majority of the crowd, including Amos Yee, do not support him and will not vote for him even if they were BB voters.

i am surprised you brought up amos. who the fuck is this kid? must murali or juan need his endorsement? i suggest you ward yourself in imh for 'observations.'

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until the election of JBJ and Chiam I felt the same. What I noticed is that voters are prepared to get a candidate in and hold on to him if they think they got a good man. The people of Potong Pasir did exactly that. They however did not feel the same with Lina Chiam despite Chiam presence and support. One of the Chee's biggest mistake was washing our dirty linen on the international stage. Neither Chiam or JBJ do this. Chee automatically knocked out a section of the Chinese votes. He has to work longer and harder than any other opposition candidate to get those votes back. BB would be telling by how much PAP loses its handsome lead and if Chee has recovered these voters.

Ultimately, the intelligence of voters played a greater part in the election result. I am not sure whether Bukit Batok people possessed that unique intelligence and the gut to vote for Dr Chee. I fear the kiasi sinkie syndrome remained in their bone, which is why I've never wanted look up to 70% voters for hope. In fact, I am beginning to hate Sinkies for being brainwashed since their kindergarten days.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
initially, i try refraining from commenting on the BB election cos' this forum is branded a trouble maker. but i was too pissed with the personal attacks thrown by lau goh and pinky, and their cronies. i think they behave like tyrants.:oIo:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
initially, i try refraining from commenting on the BB election cos' this forum is branded a trouble maker. but i was too pissed with the personal attacks thrown by lau goh and pinky, and their cronies. i think they behave like tyrants.:oIo:

why bother? feel free to post whatever you want.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT when he took over as PM promised an open and more transparent society. Then he took us to the 1991 polls to secure his first and own mandate. When he lost 3 seats he quickly changed tact and increased the number and size of the GRCs, increased the deposit amount. Imagine 6 seat super GRCs and it had nothing to do with minority candidate getting elected. Uses old man to whack Catherine Lim and then the OB markers. His biggest contribution to this country was to open the flood gates to foreigners. Promised us the Swiss standard and that national football will qualify for the World Cup.

Come to think of it maybe better to get the Old Man back from his grave. At least the tyrant delivered without promising anything.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Important =/= Effective, look at the regression in %

When the media is controlled by the State, the internet and the rallies are important platforms to get the message across. What are said in Rallies gets across to the social media if the points resonate strongly with the voters. Workers Party without the rallies would not have got the coverage that they received. Rallies are also important as they show the candidates ability to put his voice across. Png Eng Huat is an example of candidate that used the rallies to maximum effect. The crowd was with him from start to finish.