• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of Murali, he is completely clueless!!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was given lots of main stream media exposure, but most of the time he was seen stuttering in front of the camera.

I suspect he was still in shock, unable to fathom why he was the chosen one and thus not able to deliver his speech eloguently. He was also obviously seen struggling to find politically correct words and fumbled upon whether he can deliver the promises to Bukit Batok Residents. His first flip flop, was the 24mil upgrading fund he omitted and than play roti rata later on.

When he shook hands with elderly residents, he reeked of fakeness and weakness. Those elderly and frail on wheelchair look much better than him.

It is confirm that Murali is the chosen one to add numbers to parliament because he possessed all the "yes-man" quality that PAP needs. Don't expect such a weakling, who dared to prospose working only part-time, to represent the people in Bukit Batok town.

Murali, is written off from my record. He will likely dissappear after 1st term in office for being too quiet and unproductive in parliament. Being a lawyer, I am shocked that he can't even speak properly, let alone fighting for the people.:oIo:

Beware of this man!!

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. So far no carrot from him. All cheap options or options alrdy mentioned by botak ong. Educate old on healthcare. Just invite moh. Its free. You think a lawyer knows anything other than spend 1/2 hour there before sorry i hv to run. Run town council. Only of he quits his day job.
Get fap leeders to rally ard him? They will disappear the day after erection and rats will start to turn up again.
Why vote for more of the same. Obviously he can promise anything. Not even your job stability. Employment insurance is a good option for many whose jobs r threatened.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think he is a fake. Probably a decent guy but certainly not suitable for politics and even litigation law I think is an issue. He strikes me as a follower and wants to be politician and fighter probably to emulate his father but just does not have it. David Ong came from party grassroots quota and I think that they were to trying to fill it and as he served for so long in BB, he was their pick. And I think that knowing that it was Chee that standing, they thought it will be easy.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think he is a fake. Probably a decent guy but certainly not suitable for politics and even litigation law I think is an issue. He strikes me as a follower and wants to be politician and fighter probably to emulate his father but just does not have it. David Ong came from party grassroots quota and I think that they were to trying to fill it and as he served for so long in BB, he was their pick. And I think that knowing that it was Chee that standing, they thought it will be easy.

You know a party is going downhill when this is the best you can come up with.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually the party reserves about 4 places for party porlumpars as incentive to get these silly chaps to do their dirty work for them. Its no surprise that they are universally despised. Even their families will not mention that they are with the Party. Even professionals who are parachuted in as PAP MPs draw a distinction between them and the party faithful.

On Murali I think Rajah and Tann must be wondering how much of bad publicity for their litigation team this has drawn. Imagine the head of litigation can't even speak coherently. Grace Fu and Chee came across as seasoned litigators compared to this guy. Truly embarrassing.

It

You know a party is going downhill when this is the best you can come up with.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, it seems that Ah Mu needs to rely on Jurong Shiny Head and PM Lee even has to come in campaign for him, drowning Ah Mu's voice in the process. Chee is pretty spot on when he said he does not know who his opponent is and I am wondering that too.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He strikes me as a follower and wants to be politician and fighter probably to emulate his father but just does not have it. David Ong came from party grassroots quota and I think that they were to trying to fill it

In other words, BB residents have been short-changed by PAP for low quality prick. Luckily, one was caught sleeping with another woman and Dr Chee suddently became a windfall for BB residents. It is up to BB voters whether they want to collect their windfall or continue to live sad lives by voting murali.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually the party reserves about 4 places for party porlumpars as incentive to get these silly chaps to do their dirty work for them. Its no surprise that they are universally despised. Even their families will not mention that they are with the Party. Even professionals who are parachuted in as PAP MPs draw a distinction between them and the party faithful.

On Murali I think Rajah and Tann must be wondering how much of bad publicity for their litigation team this has drawn. Imagine the head of litigation can't even speak coherently. Grace Fu and Chee came across as seasoned litigators compared to this guy. Truly embarrassing.

It

any idea why the branch secretary was not the chosen one?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far, it seems that Ah Mu needs to rely on Jurong Shiny Head and PM Lee even has to come in campaign for him, drowning Ah Mu's voice in the process. Chee is pretty spot on when he said he does not know who his opponent is and I am wondering that too.

Murali is just a puppet

Demon-cratic :
My Own Man

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea and the usual lobangs close to the party have no idea as well. I suspect that Tharman had the last word. After the 2011 results came in, LHL told the cabinet that he will hold ministers personally responsible for poor results and he wanted them to be good at grassroots as well as their day job. It was the reason why Raymond Lim even though Old man liked him and knew his father had to go. Notice that the cabinet are now more engaged with grassroots than in the past. In those days GKS, Richard Hu etc could not be bothered.

any idea why the branch secretary was not the chosen one?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No idea and the usual lobangs close to the party have no idea as well. I suspect that Tharman had the last word. After the 2011 results came in, LHL told the cabinet that he will hold ministers personally responsible for poor results and he wanted them to be good at grassroots as well as their day job. It was reason why Raymond Lim even though Old man liked him and knew their father. Notice that the cabinet are now more engaged with grassroots than in the past. In those GKS, Richard Hu etc could not be bothered.

noted with thanks, bro.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far message is Ah Mu will make a difference-but with so many ministers weighing in , he seems to be a peripheral figure.
If Ah Mu can make a difference, why he was not fielded in BB in the last GE? Why send him to PL?

All these programmes that Ah Mu proposed in healthcare, job placements, youth mentoring ironically shows that the present PAP govt is not doing enough in these areas.

In this BB by elections, the PAP and Murali esp has basically ignored the major concerns of locals-on foreign workers/immigrants, highest cost of living, hospitals cost/overcrowding, train breakdowns, compulsory CPF minimum sum ect2. Why elect an MP who does not address the major and critical issues facing the country today? What's the use of parks, walkways, ect2 when you lose your jobs to foreigners and worry about the next meal?

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
You rasking like why oil price tank 60% yet kiosk price fall 10% n when it recover 10% still atlow, kiosk price shoot uo another 3 cents.n all mp will they you thereis no cartel. Of cos no cartel becos it is oligopoly

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not sure if this was spotted earlier today but not going so well for him even in the courts...poor chap....

Singapore firm in row over Libyan payments wins lawsuit

Tuesday, May 03, 2016
K.c. Vijayan
The Straits Times

A Bahrain-based bank failed in a US$18.8 million (S$25 million) court suit against public-listed Boustead Singapore in the fallout from a construction project that derailed during Libya's 2011 civil war.

The Court of Appeal in effect stopped the Arab Banking Corporation (Bank ABC) from receiving any payment from Boustead and held it from making payment to another bank further up the banking chain involved in the guarantee arrangements.

Bank ABC had sought the payouts based on a credit facility agreement with Boustead, a Singapore incorporated infrastructure company involved in international construction developments, as it wanted to settle, in turn, demands from Libya's Bank of Commerce and Development (BCD).

But the Court of Appeal comprising Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon, Judge of Appeal Andrew Phang and Justice Quentin Loh found Bank ABC had acted fraudulently as it could not have "honestly believed it was obliged to honour any demand from (BCD)," among other things.

BCD had sought the payouts based on guarantees from Bank ABC because it said it had to pay the project developer, the Organisation for Development of Administrative Centres (ODAC), following the project meltdown.

But the ODAC notices were "manifestly" defective as they did not comply with the conditions of the performance bonds and advance payment guarantees upon which hinged the whole case.

"Any banker who compared those notices against the requirements for a valid demand stipulated in the performance bond and advance guarantee payment could not have reasonably concluded that they constituted conforming demands," wrote CJ Menon in judgment grounds released last month.

But the court made clear this "truly is an exceptional case", resulting in a rare suit where a bank lost claims against a client over demands to settle performance guarantees provided by the client.

Boustead's spat with Bank ABC began from a 2007 deal in which it undertook a joint venture to build a township in Al-Marj, Libya.

As part of the arrangements, both entities vouched for advance payment and performance to BCD.

BCD was, in turn, expected to to pay the sums of US$3.7 million for the advance payment guarantee and US$15 million for the performance guarantee to ODAC, a Libyan government outfit which had hired Boustead's joint venture company for the project.

When unrest broke out in February 2011, the project site was pillaged and looted and Boustead abandoned the project.

It deemed the project contract with ODAC terminated by the "force majeure" event - an unavoidable accident.

Boustead subsequently obtained a court injunction to stop Bank ABC from carrying out the guarantee payments to BCD but the latter insisted Boustead pay up under the facility agreement. The bank's action was in part triggered by pressure from BCD.

The High Court ordered last year that Bank ABC was not to receive payment from Boustead, and was not to make payment to BCD.

The bank appealed to the apex court, where its lawyers Muralidharan Pillai and Sim Wei Na from Rajah & Tann argued there was insufficient evidence to find the demand was made fraudulently, among other things.

Wong Partnership Senior Counsel Tan Chee Meng and lawyer Josephine Choo countered for Boustead that Bank ABC had no grounds to claim against Boustead because the bank would not incur any liability against BCD.

Hence any claim against Boustead in those circumstances would be fraudulent.

The court found that "in gist", Bank ABC had acted fraudulently in making the demand recklessly on Boustead based on the facility agreement. It ruled Boustead would not be required to make the payments for good.

Last edited: