• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

92 Year-Old Woman Works At McDonald's Because She Is Bored!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
This proves that the PAP is right when it says people should not retire if they are still capable of working.

I'm sure she is far happier working than leading and empty and sedentary life in an old folk's home. In the West nobody would hire her and she'd spend her dying days lonely, miserable and unproductive.

tis proves that the 92-year old did not work hard or work smart when she was younger.
if she did she would have to work but instead go on a world tour.

In the east , she is hired because of the extreme low pay
and she is still miserable and unproductive.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she's too old to work. her family should get her out from McDonald asap. if she is bored, she could watch exciting Mediacock dramas or gets a Playstation lor.....

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best of exercise for the aged and bored is ...........

Seth Glickenhaus, a bond trader turned money manager whose studies of law and medicine failed to lure him away from Wall Street, his professional home for more than eight decades, has died. He was 102.

He died Saturday at home in New Rochelle, New York, his daughter, Nancy Glickenhaus, said by telephone. He worked until the day of his death, managing his investments.

Friday afternoon, “at 4:15, I told him the P&L for the day,” his daughter said. “He kept insisting there was some news on some of the shipping stocks.” Later, “he went to bed and he didn’t wake up,” she said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-investor-with-eight-decade-view-dies-at-102

jw5

Loyal
The best of exercise for the aged and bored is ...........

Seth Glickenhaus, a bond trader turned money manager whose studies of law and medicine failed to lure him away from Wall Street, his professional home for more than eight decades, has died. He was 102.

He died Saturday at home in New Rochelle, New York, his daughter, Nancy Glickenhaus, said by telephone. He worked until the day of his death, managing his investments.

Friday afternoon, “at 4:15, I told him the P&L for the day,” his daughter said. “He kept insisting there was some news on some of the shipping stocks.” Later, “he went to bed and he didn’t wake up,” she said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-investor-with-eight-decade-view-dies-at-102

The P&L must have disappointed him greatly. :(

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are sinkies really that pathetic they cant find ways to amuse themselves and live their lives meaningfully without working at mcdonalds?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are sinkies really that pathetic they cant find ways to amuse themselves and live their lives meaningfully without working at mcdonalds?

hong kang actress started the trend.

image.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this women is a joke and insult to all singaporeans,is she telling the world the epitome of a sinkie's lives is working at mcdonalds at 92??why the fuck dont she go and do something meaningful,like read books or play musical instruments,or charity work,or become a fortune teller at chinatown or a witch potion brewer selling love potion number 9?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, with due respect for her enthusiasm, I am not sure this story is for real or just some wayang to proof no need unemployment insurance by MIW.

At 92, way above life expectancy and when most folks do not live near to, which employer, especially MNCs where manager is not the owner, in his right mind will hire. What about insurance coverage, liabilities,........what nots, and a host of other considerations, including in an environment of boilers, machines, etc.

If is for real, then good for her and I wish her well. But then again most do not live that long, let alone being healthy enough to even walk to MacDonalds.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this women is a joke and insult to all singaporeans,is she telling the world the epitome of a sinkie's lives is working at mcdonalds at 92??why the fuck dont she go and do something meaningful,like read books or play musical instruments,or charity work,or become a fortune teller at chinatown or a witch potion brewer selling love potion number 9?

My own mother lived past 95, though, in her late years, she suffered from dementia; we made sure she had the comforts of enjoying her old age for she had worked hard most of her years. We employed a servant to look after her, though physical she is strong & would relive her boredom, 'working at MacDonald'?? my late mum, lived to 98 & passed away peacefully....why would we want to see an elderly person, late in her life working?. The people doing this publicity, SHOULD BE SHOT plus the family of this old woman.

When I live to 92....I want people, working & bringing food from MacDonald's , if I still have the teeth & health to work....why slave for people at that age.

It is not pleasant to promote people to work till 92......

Yes..we admire her for her health...but to work for MacDonald's....the management should be SHOT!:mad:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My own mother lived past 95, though, in her late years, she suffered from dementia; we made sure she had the comforts of enjoying her old age for she had worked hard most of her years. We employed a servant to look after her, though physical she is strong & would relive her boredom, 'working at MacDonald'?? my late mum, lived to 98 & passed away peacefully....why would we want to see an elderly person, late in her life working?. The people doing this publicity, SHOULD BE SHOT plus the family of this old woman.

When I live to 92....I want people, working & bringing food from MacDonald's , if I still have the teeth & health to work....why slave for people at that age.

It is not pleasant to promote people to work till 92......

Yes..we admire her for her health...but to work for MacDonald's....the management should be SHOT!:mad:

actually i agree with u,its a little sickening to see people of such age still slogging,do people of singapore lack a sense of shame or they are desensitized or something?people over the age of 65 should be retired and resting,not hunched over a pile of dirty dishes or over a fries boiler.whats wrong with setting aside a little of the country's gdp to give the elderly a little income and provide some healthcare?if need be we implement a estate tax of 10 or 20 percent and take it out of their death estates,after all what do dead people need money for?whats wrong with goh chok tong really?these pioneer generation are of his generation,is he perfectly happy with watching them suffer?does he not have any spine at all?if i was a billionaire i would gladly do something for the old folks of singapore,just to give them a break,a breather from the torment of living in Singapore.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually i agree with u,its a little sickening to see people of such age still slogging,do people of singapore lack a sense of shame or they are desensitized or something?people over the age of 65 should be retired and resting,not hunched over a pile of dirty dishes or over a fries boiler.whats wrong with setting aside a little of the country's gdp to give the elderly a little income and provide some healthcare?if need be we implement a estate tax of 10 or 20 percent and take it out of their death estates,after all what do dead people need money for?whats wrong with goh chok tong really?these pioneer generation are of his generation,is he perfectly happy with watching them suffer?does he not have any spine at all?if i was a billionaire i would gladly do something for the old folks of singapore,just to give them a break,a breather from the torment of living in Singapore.

I approached MacDonald's at their HQ when it was at KAP....King's Albert Park, years, years ago..when I was in-between jobs & just looking fr part-time work, they told me I was too old & too qualified to flip burgers or fry potatoes chips...I really can't fathom, how could they now would employ a 92 year old, to do those things, they told me...I can't...anyway....they are going too far & stripping the dignity of a 92 year old woman...in which the management of MacDonald's should be making her sit & honour her with the best meals they can give, instead of making her slaving over a hot stove, even though she is bored...

OIC!...."Old is GOLD" right?....but PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY...."OLD IS GOld".....please don't let people strip us of our dignity....when we grow old!.....I don't want to fry, fries..even I am 92......I am too old, too qualified for MacDonald's...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I approached MacDonald's at their HQ when it was at KAP....King's Albert Park, years, years ago..when I was in-between jobs & just looking fr part-time work, they told me I was too old & too qualified to flip burgers or fry potatoes chips...I really can't fathom, how could they now would employ a 92 year old, to do those things, they told me...I can't...anyway....they are going too far & stripping the dignity of a 92 year old woman...in which the management of MacDonald's should be making her sit & honour her with the best meals they can give, instead of making her slaving over a hot stove, even though she is bored...

OIC!...."Old is GOLD" right?....but PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY...."OLD IS GOld".....please don't let people strip us of our dignity....when we grow old!.....I don't want to fry, fries..even I am 92......I am too old, too qualified for MacDonald's...

must be a long time ago,now mcd's and burger kings are full of old folks.once i was returning home from work,i was crossing a bridge when i notice a old man in mcdonalds uniform slowly and painfully walking down the steps,he could barely make it,he was clinging on to the rails and creeping down the steps one at a time sideways like a crab.i know the pains of working fnb before,if i have to do that when im in my sixties i would rather die.

better save up as much as possible and prepare for financial independence.