• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No fight with Samsung's super AMOLED display

Zangief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Resolution : 1440 x 2560 pixels for Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, Note 4, Note 5 .......

IjJbuzP.jpg

Super AMOLED: introduction and basics

http://www.oled-info.com/super-amoled

Zangief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non AMOLED display

This model is low end with 600x1024 pixels and also can be found on other brands..

T0JmoXj.jpg

Last edited:

Zangief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non AMOLED display

This model is low to mid range with 800x1280 pixels and also can be found on other brands..

800x1280 pixels

D7ocShV.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does Super Amoled require more power?

One of the reasons I still carry a classic dumb phone when I am Travelling is because it doesn't need to be recharged as often as a smartphone.

Zangief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does Super Amoled require more power?

One of the reasons I still carry a classic dumb phone when I am Travelling is because it doesn't need to be recharged as often as a smartphone.

Sure it does..

2G cellular GSM phone can last more than a week on standby mode :biggrin:

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the fuck cares as long as the screen can be read.

Very important to have the Samsung quality screen under sun out door in SG. Their brightness improving syrongly from model to model. Those Note 3 and older aren't good enough, Note 4 and newer are better and better and readable outdoor under SG noon sun.

LG newer models are also OK. But lag behind Samsung quality. Sony n Chinese brands also lag behind Samsung. Gay phone lacks far in not only brightness, the gays are poorer resolution and unable to make curved screen.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Very important to have the Samsung quality screen under sun out door in SG. Their brightness improving syrongly from model to model. Those Note 3 and older aren't good enough, Note 4 and newer are better and better and readable outdoor under SG noon sun.

LG newer models are also OK. But lag behind Samsung quality. Sony n Chinese brands also lag behind Samsung. Gay phone lacks far in not only brightness, the gays are poorer resolution and unable to make curved screen.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to use a phone while standing in the hot sun. Such people must be mad.