• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Movers Come Late, Double Their Price After Shifting Furniture Downstairs! Guess Who?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
akhbar_movers_unprofessional_scam_beware_price_double_0.jpg

Dear ASS Editors,

I want to expose this moving company named "Akhbar Movers" and its owner "Akhbar Shah". I engaged Akhbar Movers without researching online and reading reviews and it was such a big mistake and the start of my house-moving horror.

They were late nearly three hours than the scheduled time, when I called to ask about the estimated time of arrival, the boss's reply was simply "On the way already". When the mover finally arrived hours later, they moved down most of the furniture and then stopped and told me the price we have agreed on needs to be doubled. When I called and questioned the boss, he started to shout at me and used abusive language to threaten. I feel threatened and bullied, so I told him I will call the police. The movers immediately fled after overheard me saying "call police", left all my furnitures and boxes of item downstairs in a drizzling weather.

Staring at my wooden furnitures and the mess right outside my front yard, I was shocked and furious. How can companies with such intolerably poorm business ethic exist in Singapore? I googled their company, the results were again, shocking. Their Facebook pages are filled with complaints and warnings "do not engage them", " you have been warned". I went on reading the reviews and found out there are a lot more victims. Compare with other's stories, my experience with them was considered the "pleasant" one.

Some customers were scammed the same way like I was, being told the price will increase drastically after some of the furniture are moved. It's like they have a typical way cheating their customers. The items were handled poorly and often damaged. The worst part is the boss's attitude towards his customer. Verbal bullying and threat are norms. Some customer were even racially harassed and being called a "bloody Indian b**ch". The boss openly defends their behaviours on the company's Facebook page and calling the customer "stupid idiots", "can stay big house condo but movers cant afford to pay so dont talk to much" and even threats like "I know where u stay"..

How can such business ethic exist in a cosmopolitan society like Singapore? Who are there to protect the rights of customer?

Traumatised Customer
A.S.S. Contributor

- See more at: http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...s-racist-abusive-clients#sthash.s4YNmuZg.dpuf

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Movers Come Late, Double Their Price After Shifting Furniture Downstairs! Guess W

Customer fault cannot speak local lingo. If he had spoken in malay, everything will be fine and dandy.you will get same lousy service too if you speak in english in china.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Movers Come Late, Double Their Price After Shifting Furniture Downstairs! Guess W

I see nothing wrong with making more money.

jw5

Loyal

It should be "What's wrong with collecting more money?" :wink:

movpack

Hmmm well for me, I will mind with such strategy. If i will have a contract then I will sure ask them to act upon it don't you charge more money with that.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes I too was held to ransom by unscrupolous movers..........

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

like paying a whore more money when your dick is very hard and in front of the tunnel...................

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see the title xxx movers, I don't even bother to call, don't even talk about giving them chance to scam me.
should know their standard suck.
think their whole company only 1 or 2 truck.
when I see workers with cap on..i will have doubt
the 2 nos also could be pre paid cards

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Movers are all druggie ex cons who can't find job anywhere else.
Dun get mad get even. A few Molotov cocktails will do the trick.
Moslem Babis are terrorists and that is how you deal with terrorists

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

Movers are all druggie ex cons who can't find job anywhere else.
Dun get mad get even. A few Molotov cocktails will do the trick.
Moslem Babis are terrorists and that is how you deal with terrorists

how to do the tricks.teach us here

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First of all, that customer was too lazy to do proper research before engaging them. Only start to google when it was too late. So it was his own stupidity.

Second, what do you expect from m&d? They need lots of money to sustain their drug habit and lazy one corner lifestyle. Of course will double and even triple the charges during moving. Unless you are Muslims like them, they will consider you to be second class people.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First of all, that customer was too lazy to do proper research before engaging them. Only start to google when it was too late. So it was his own stupidity.

Second, what do you expect from m&d? They need lots of money to sustain their drug habit and lazy one corner lifestyle. Of course will double and even triple the charges during moving. Unless you are Muslims like them, they will consider you to be second class people.

don't know why many ignorant chinese say m&ds are nice people. All because some of them take note just some of them not all of them smile readily which is the same as some chinese ppl some idiotic chinese will group all malays as nice people.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

first off,why are u hiring a company of professional thugs to move ur furniture?judging by the looks and the racial composition of the company,u can tell right away its a company of thugs.secondly,u hire a company of professional thugs when u need to do some bounty hunting,crowd control,loan sharking,retrieval of bad debt services,policing or jagaing of private facilities like jambans.

Last edited: