• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Job Market Jialat

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chart of the Day: Here’s the sorry state of Singapore’s job market despite lower unemployment

Youths aren’t participating in the labour force, says MoM.

More residents of the city-state’s are finding themselves with a job, but Singapore’s job market remains soft as job creation slowed to 11.4K from a seasonally high 16.1K the previous quarter.

According to a report by Citi, the slowdown was led by services due to seasonal factors, while this was partly negated by rising job creation in construction.

“Manufacturing saw a sixth quarter of job losses at -2.0K (4Q: -6.7K), but at a slower pace compared to the last five quarters (avg: -4.7K). Redundancies fell to 4.6K (4Q: 5.37K), though still higher than the quarterly average of 3.9K for 2015. Redundancies rose in services (1Q: 2.5K, 4Q: 2.36K), but fell in manufacturing (1Q: 1.8K, 4Q: 2.48K) and construction (1Q: 0.3K, 4Q: 0.5K),” the report said.

Citi also said headline unemployment was lower than expected at 2.0%, while resident and citizen unemployment rates were 0.8% and 0.7%, higher than headline.

However, Citi said the Ministry of Manpower downplayed the fall in 1Q resident rate, attributing it to a temporal decline in the labour force participation rate for youths aged 15-24.

Meanwhile, Citi says the overall picture still holds strong in the cyclical softening of the job market, given the softening job creation and higher retrenchments.

“Slowdown in services job creation also corroborates the view that economic weakness has spread beyond the manufacturing sector. This echoes MAS’s expectations for the resident unemployment rate to creep up on the back of cyclical forces,” Citi said.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/hr-education/news...spite-lower-unemployment#sthash.QdJx5MdI.dpuf

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are so lucky, at least, they can get promoted and have a real career ladder. in OZ, you must not dream of over taking the angmos.:o

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...just kidding! what i want to say to sinkies is brace up! last time when i was in sinkieland and economy was good, i was ridiculed by interviewers, humiliated and insulted by lky's cronies. not joking, so you all still better off than me. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...just kidding! what i want to say to sinkies is brace up! last time when i was in sinkieland and economy was good, i was ridiculed by interviewers, humiliated and insulted by lky's cronies. not joking, so you all still better off than me. :biggrin:

The companies which I detest working are the boss (cronies) who were seen taking photo, with PAP ministers or MP, with multiple superficial awards in their hands.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Youngsters nowsaday very choosy. So many F&B and outdoor sales jobs out in there yet choose to bum or jump HDB. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
The hottest jobs for sinkies are:

insurance agent, taxi driver, financial advisor, credit card promoter, charity salesperson............. please add on............... :biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

insurance agent, taxi driver, financial advisor, credit card promoter, charity salesperson............. please add on............... :biggrin:

Property agent......
Security guard
Bus driver
Uber/Grab driver

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wat about prostitutes n gigolos..? Can singkie qualify?

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT stop coming in already.

Difficult to find people rent flat nowadays

And now job market is bad.

Time to head out to MPS sessions and beg for handouts!

Hee!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the moaning & groaning, cursing & swearing & blaming the PAP!..yes, blaming the PAP...is this new? for 30-40 years or more?..same old story, same old complaint......still voted for the same old PAP...why groan & moan.....it has worked for 50 years, don't worry the PAP has tons of HELP for you...no money, same thing...go look for all the schemes out there...they now even look after the CORE....YOU...don't worry , be happy!.

Just remember , sing the song..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTMMRrxx-Ug.... Just see the happy faces singing that song..be like them, sing & be happy.... everything's alright......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkje4FiH9Qc

This is what you ask for...this is what you get...don't moan, groan or complain...PAP is the BEST!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wear white, go to RC work part time and get full time pay.

One of my neighbour is doing that, she is helping the RC....serve tea in the morning...they have free cafe with coffee, tea or...not me! ha ha ha....wear white with red/orange colour collar, RC logo & name badge....work part time, gets full pay & plenty of side benefits for herself & family........