• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BB voters, Can you trust a dishonourable son like Murali?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
As many people know, Murali Pillai’s father was P K Pillai. PK was a trade unionist and member of Barisan Sosialis (the splinter party from PAP). He was arrested in 1963 under Operation Cold Store. Cold Store was an illegal Internal Security operation ostensibly aimed at eliminating communists but actually carried out to eliminate the opposition leadership to the PAP and Lee Kuan Yew.

Murali’s father P K Pillai was one of the people arrested under this guise. After the arrest, the detainees were subjected to longer then expected interrogation periods and solitary confinement. In fact, senior member of the British parliament questioned the manner of the detentions and treatment of the detainees.

Now, I am not sure what the father told the son. It’s a fact that many people detained this way remained traumatized for years. Just ask Teo Soh Lung. Sometimes, the detainees do not speak of their experience, which is akin to what many WW2 and Vietnam vets did. They did not tell even their immediate families about their wartime experience because it was too painful and brought back too many memories. Imagine the stress the arrest caused his mother and his family. Not being able to see your father for weeks because he was place in solitary confinement. No household income now that the main breadwinner was arrested and imprisoned. Now, Its entire possible that the elder Pillai never told his son about the torture or interrogation inflicted on him by Lee Con You’s desire to eliminate the legitimate opposition, because he did not want to distress him.

The other possibility is that the older Pillai did tell the son. This is a worse scenario then the first because the son apparently went against what the father stood for and threw his lot in with the PAP. What kind of son would work for and befriend the entity that imprisoned his own father unjustly? Well, the kind of son we can safely call “dishonourable” and a real traitor to his family. In this aspect, I don’t really understand Indians and I don’t trust them. How can a man befriend and work for the sworn enemy of his father? After all that his father went through, he still joined them. This is truly the worse kind of traitorous no good son you ever saw.

Mr. Murali claims that his father was ok with it. He claims his father later approved of and credited the PAP. He claims that his father told him to be sure to leave politics with his shirt on. This is just fine and dandy but his father is long dead. And while his father was alive, I did not hear these words from his lips. Surely, if PK had repented and renounce the BS and credited the PAP, the prostitute press would have been all over it. Only from his son during elections time. If I was the elder Pillai and Murali was my son, I would have taken a cricket bat and beat him senseless the day he came to me told me he was joining the PAP. The Chinese culture has one major tenet, which is the revenge and vengeance theme. An enemy of our father is also our enemy………for life. That is why entire families had to be killed to make sure a descendent did not seek revenge down the road.

Therefore, this Indian mindset that my father’s enemy is my friend is totally foreign to me and indicates a severely untrustworthy individual to me. Apparently, in his race, stuff like that is totally fine. Note Janil Puthuchery, son of Cold Store detainee Dominic Puthucheary, and Janadas Devan, son of Devan Nair. Given all this, I will be totally amazed if the people of Bukit Batok elects such a traitor to his own family.

Just my 2 cents.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its an interesting phenomenon. Both the Chinese and Indians have faced the same dilemma but as a race they have treated how they cope with it differently. I am aware that Ong Ke Yung's and Janil's father had already reconciled with their former enemies and were attending the gatherings with ex- Barisan comrades. In fact the fathers are proud of their sons.

Janadas involvement however was not looked favourably by his younger bother but I understand old man did it as a favour to the mother.

As to the Chinese and Indian attitude towards betrayal, i could not help notice how both have handled it differently. In the case of the Chinese where face plays an important part, the majority have thru their contacts with the likes of Goh Keng Swee and the consent of old man were given jobs in GLCs and Govt controlled entities. None of them went thru any formal interviews or followed the recruitment process. Even Plen's son was given a job in Singapore Technologies straight from China. in essence they have kept it quiet.

So what you see outside is not altogether accurate.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a son of an individual who was arrested by the PAP, those gentlemen should stay away from their fathers' enemies.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think people should realise that old man has been spinning some interesting stories with comfort that there are few people that can counter him. The impression that he fought the communists from the start to the end is hogwash. MCP rated Old Man as their most valuable open front leader that they had and Lim Chin Seong was second. Old Man's link to MCP was not the Plen but Samad Ismail. He was after power and control and when it suited him, he went after them. If for some reason, MCP had taken control of Malaysia in the 1950s, I can guarantee you we would all be comrades under Chairman Lee of Singapore and singing songs enmass during our National Revolution Day. He will also regale us with stories how he had planned the Hock Lee riots to fight imperial red devils to save Singapore workers from exploitation.

That is why history is important.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is very difficult for chinese to trust indian.
it is already very sad to be screwed by PAP and how can i afford to see singaporeans screwed by indian PAP?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Papsmear,u should make a poster,go to murali's rally and shout "traitor" "uragirimono" and in tamil.

Now that you have revealed this in the forum, I cannot do it. The minute a sinkie chinese show up at a Murali rally with a poster, and shouting traitor in tamil, they will know its me. thanks for sarboing me. hahahaha

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The enemy of my father is also my enemy. Unless the enemy can prosper me and accord me a life of privilege. Then I will suck his dick and let him fuck my arse.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think people should realise that old man has been spinning some interesting stories with comfort that there are few people that can counter him. The impression that he fought the communists from the start to the end is hogwash. MCP rated Old Man as their most valuable open front leader that they had and Lim Chin Seong was second. Old Man's link to MCP was not the Plen but Samad Ismail. He was after power and control and when it suited him, he went after them. If for some reason, MCP had taken control of Malaysia in the 1950s, I can guarantee you we would all be comrades under Chairman Lee of Singapore and singing songs enmass during our National Revolution Day. He will also regale us with stories how he had planned the Hock Lee riots to fight imperial red devils to save Singapore workers from exploitation.

That is why history is important.

History is only important if it accurately and objectively record the past. But if History is seen and written through the perspective of the victor, then it should always be taken with more than a pinch of salt.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The enemy of my father is also my enemy. Unless the enemy can prosper me and accord me a life of privilege. Then I will suck his dick and let him fuck my arse.

Murali himself could not have said it any better.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now that you have revealed this in the forum, I cannot do it. The minute a sinkie chinese show up at a Murali rally with a poster, and shouting traitor in tamil, they will know its me. thanks for sarboing me. hahahaha

let's entrust this assignment to Jah rastafar. he won't know anything. when arrested, he will list the monikers here. that's all. foolish chaps are around for a reason - to be screwed! if jah's busy, kuku is a good candidate. at most, they will send him back to where he belong - IMH.