• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muralli: I will only be a Part Time MP, BB Voters for $17K you don't get me full time

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Muralli: I will only be a Part Time MP, BB Voters for $17K you don't get me full

" ....politics demands that extra of a person, a commitment to people and to ideals. You are not just doing a job.
This is a vocation. Not unlike the priesthood
, you must feel for people, you must want to change society and make lives better. "

Full time lawyer and non full time MP wannabe ' Ah Mu' , has almost exclusively talked about estate upgrading like park,linkways ,
playground ect2, nothing about ideals and how to change society.

CSJ on the other hand with his proposed full time commitment to the MP job and his bringing up of issues in Parliament sounds more like taking up a vocation not unlike a priesthood.

Appears CSJ matches more what LKY says about being in politics.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...act-most-talented-team-so-country-can-prosper

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Re: Muralli: I will only be a Part Time MP, BB Voters for $17K you don't get me full

You forgot: "natural aristocrats"!!!

The self proclaimed "natural aristocrats" are already included in the "exceptional" category. :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Full time lawyer and non full time MP wannabe ' Ah Mu' , has almost exclusively talked about estate upgrading like park,linkways , playground ect2, nothing about ideals and how to change society.

That's because the simpleton sinkie electorate of ah peks, ah sohs, bengs and lians couldn't give a shit about ideals and society. They probably don't even know what those words mean.

All the want to know is if they vote for someone, what material benefits will they get in return.

The PAP has known this from day one. Chee has been at it for more than 2 decades and he still has not learned his lesson. Such a slow learner certainly isn't fit to be an MP.

jw5

Loyal

" ....politics demands that extra of a person, a commitment to people and to ideals. You are not just doing a job.
This is a vocation. Not unlike the priesthood
, you must feel for people, you must want to change society and make lives better. "

Full time lawyer and non full time MP wannabe ' Ah Mu' , has almost exclusively talked about estate upgrading like park,linkways ,
playground ect2, nothing about ideals and how to change society.

He is a pragmatic pappy. He has neither the desire nor the intention to change SG society. :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies hat part time MPs for ages. How to change? Revolution? US invasion?

jw5

Loyal

Sinkies hat part time MPs for ages. How to change? Revolution? US invasion?

No need to change. There are now both full-time MPs and part-time MPs from both PAP and Opposition. Just carry on. :wink:

jw5

Loyal

That's because the simpleton sinkie electorate of ah peks, ah sohs, bengs and lians couldn't give a shit about ideals and society. They probably don't even know what those words mean.

All the want to know is if they vote for someone, what material benefits will they get in return.

The PAP has known this from day one. Chee has been at it for more than 2 decades and he still has not learned his lesson. Such a slow learner certainly isn't fit to be an MP.

Sinkies have been impressionable and easily manipulated for years, but they will gradually understand their own hypocrisy, stupidity and arrogance, become more idealistic and altruistic, and eventually reject materialism and pure pragmatism. :wink:

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why would anyone want a part-time mp and is only available for a few hours once a week to meet the people?
And because of that residents have to endure hours and the long queue just to meet the mp.

Why not try out Dr Chee Soon Juan mp services.
Full-time every Mondays to Sundays 8am to 9pm.
Hotline available 24/7 for emergency or urgent cases.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why would anyone want a part-time mp and is only available for a few hours once a week to meet the people?
And because of that residents have to endure hours and the long queue just to meet the mp.

Why not try out Dr Chee Soon Juan mp services.
Full-time every Mondays to Sundays 8am to 9pm.
Hotline available 24/7 for emergency or urgent cases.

what can a "full-time" mp do? it's not like an mp is a miracle worker or magician who can transform an impossible request into a real solution. all these desperadoes who need to meet an mp constantly are losers who need favors and require handouts because they are the bottom feeders of society who are devoid of the mental capacity for forward-thinking, planning and problem-solving. it's better for them to wait in line for a long time and contemplate the meaning of life and their self-inflicted misfortune.

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal

what can a "full-time" mp do? it's not like an mp is a miracle worker or magician who can transform an impossible request into a real solution. all these desperadoes who need to meet an mp constantly are losers who need favors and require handouts because they are the bottom feeders of society who are devoid of the mental capacity for forward-thinking, planning and problem-solving. it's better for them to wait in line for a long time and contemplate the meaning of life and their self-inflicted misfortune.

Well these residents are voters, why not you ask keling to tell off the resident voters.
As you can see keling is trying desperately to convince these voters you mentioned that keling will put the voters interests before his own career. Possible ? or Just snake talk?

Were you an MP before, do you speak from experience?
The way PAP mp treats their voters is outright short-changing and neglecting the voters.
Why do they, the voters get only to meet the mp only once a week and only for a few allocated hours?
And why do they have to endure the long hours and queue?

PAP is gaming the system to PAP's own comfort and advantage.
Why demand high salary when the mp can't even attend to the resident full-time?

Might as well just put up a cardboard MP standing outside the Town council just like Mac, KFC or SPF.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Might as well just put up a cardboard MP standing outside the Town council just like Mac, KFC or SPF.

every ruling party games the system and builds favorable and advantageous positions for its leadership, organizations and supporters. if a party does not do that, it doesn't deserve to survive. relatively high salaries (in sg case, $17k is appallingly low) are necessary for deserving, talented and experienced individuals to step forward and subject their lives to public scrutiny. why don't oppo mp's who are enjoying the good stipend give it back if they think it's unnecessarily high for a westminster-type mp? i like the cardboard mp idea. sinkies can wait in line and talk to the cardboard or robot mp which may be equipped with a voice recorder. it's the best use of an mp's valuable time as an mp is human and requires much downtime for appreciating and enjoying locally grown fruit such as mangoes and papayas.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If they are devoid of mental capacity, then how can they be able to contemplate the meaning of their lives while waiting in line? See the flaw in your logic. Stop going to those gay bath houses on Polk lah, anal fucking is damaging your brain.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Well these residents are voters, why not you ask keling to tell off the resident voters.
As you can see keling is trying desperately to convince these voters you mentioned that keling will put the voters interests before his own career. Possible ? or Just snake talk?

Were you an MP before, do you speak from experience?
The way PAP mp treats their voters is outright short-changing and neglecting the voters.
Why do they, the voters get only to meet the mp only once a week and only for a few allocated hours?
And why do they have to endure the long hours and queue?

I know and you probably know, many aunties and uncles of the older generation. These are not people devoid of mental capacity like Eatshit says. They are just from a simpler time, not highly educated, and in many cases, English is not their first langauge. They are nice people with a good heart. But you ask one of them to navigate the red tape for in any govt ministries, and its too much even for an educated younger person. CPF, HDB, MOH, etc. got so many rules and conditions even for the submission of a basic request for any form of aid, or assistance that sometimes, your MP is the last resort. Yes you can pay a lawyer to fill out the form for you. But many times, the staff at these Stat boards that deal with the requests have a damn bochap attidute. I have seen fucking counter staff (the lowest rung) get pissy if you ask them a question on the form. Like that, if you don't seek your MPs help, then how?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they are devoid of mental capacity, then how can they be able to contemplate the meaning of their lives while waiting in line? See the flaw in your logic. Stop going to those gay bath houses on Polk lah, anal fucking is damaging your brain.

if they stand there in line long enough without the comfort of air-con the scent of streaming sweat in their stinky armpits will wake their inner sanctums of sentient intelligence and spur them into enlightenment. sticky armpit sweat has powerful redeeming qualities, but smeller must tahan long enough to reach nirvana. cum cum join me at castration street at castro. polk is no longer popular as there's no more polking, oops poking, going on.

jw5

Loyal

I believe Baey YK, Foo MH, and Tin PL are full time PAP MPs. :wink:

Yup, don't hear much about the above mentioned full time mps doing too much, except for the last one who didn't know what to say. :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup, don't hear much about the above mentioned full time mps doing too much, except for the last one who didn't know what to say. :biggrin:

usually these house to house visit, they meet up with needy aunties there is nothing much to be said.

other then

jin ku boh tu tiok

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

The last one? Last I read here was she resigned from a lowly paid full accountability, probably soon-to-be-retrenched job, to go full time, no-accountability job with much much higher salary (some called it allowance). The difference is a fully time MP job is so much more relaxing than a full time corporate job, yet so much more salary.

Who wouldn't?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr Chee must not use a single cent of his "allowance" for his family then. Give all the money to residents.

jw5

Loyal

The last one? Last I read here was she resigned from a lowly paid full accountability, probably soon-to-be-retrenched job, to go full time, no-accountability job with much much higher salary (some called it allowance). The difference is a fully time MP job is so much more relaxing than a full time corporate job, yet so much more salary.

Who wouldn't?

She didn't know what to say before, but these days, she knows what to do to make herself look busy. There may be someone advising her, possibly a high ranking civil servant. :biggrin:

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you want uncommitted and unpopular MPs, please vote for PAP!

This is what PAP stands for!