• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young couple struggling with high cost of living......

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Gilbert

hope this email find you well.

This is the first time I’m writing to you.

I am a 26 years old lady with 2 kids age 3 and 1.

My husband is a freelance driver. Recently, we moved in to our new flat in Punggol.

There are both infant and childcare services available under my flat.

However, most childcare facility requires deposit + full month school fees in order to enrolled them in.

Due to this, I only managed to enrol my elder daughter at the childcare. While I have to leave my full time job and take care of my younger daughter.

Since we have move in to a new flat, we do not have extra monies for installing the window grill and kitchen top. We move in few months ago and we mainly pack food everyday.

The food in Punggol is extremely expensive.

A pack of fried rice can cost as much as $5.50. I really hope to seek your advice so I can set up my kitchen top to settle our meals. I do not wish to let my kids to eat outside food for long.

I am really worry that this will affect their health.

Beside that, I hope to have my window grill up asap due to the safety of my growing up kids.

Hope to seek for your advice soon.

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2016/0...st-of-living-and-requesting-assistance/#.dpuf

What's wrong with this story or request for help?

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot borrow from friends or family to tide over first? Kitchen top is not expensive. Chances of getting help is much higher than from the garmen. But then again never heard garmen is obligated to subsidise your kitchen renovations.

Hubby better find a permanent job.

Freelancing is a luxury for family with kids.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot borrow from friends or family to tide over first? Kitchen top is not expensive. Chances of getting help is much higher than from the garmen. But then again never heard garmen is obligated to subsidise your kitchen renovations.

How about the wife free lancing??....working as beer server....that should bring in the moolah to make that kitchen counter & the window grills, I thought windows come with grills, don't they??

There was on holey $8 cow who publicised that $1,000 salary could afford a flat in Punggol....guess that comes with furnitures & fittings ? no? affordable mah!.... this young couple is making up story...

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
No money to feed themselves but decided to have 2 children? What are they thinking? I got frens who are average earners taking home arounf 10k combined each month and they are complaining of not enough money and only has one kid....

Sorry but this is a cruel world. Please only think of having children if you can provide thrm with a comfortable life.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No money to feed themselves but decided to have 2 children? What are they thinking? I got frens who are average earners taking home arounf 10k combined each month and they are complaining of not enough money and only has one kid....

Sorry but this is a cruel world. Please only think of having children if you can provide thrm with a comfortable life.

How about a certain race, in which one is politically correct, not to bristle, have not only 1, not only 2, not only 3....but 4,5,6.....I have seen one all covered in black with just slits for the eyes...with 6 on tow, like ducklings....guess they must be having comfortable life.

This I really do not understand....what were they thinking??

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt should sell new flats with the kitchen and window grilles installed. The couple can then pay using CPF. No cash needed and no hassle. All problems solved.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think the husband is freelancing out of choice.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The govt should sell new flats with the kitchen and window grilles installed. The couple can then pay using CPF. No cash needed and no hassle. All problems solved.

they will install with aluminum screws and then charge you 6.9 times more to upgrade to stainless steel screws.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The government won't do that because their prices will be way too high. There are so many pigs to feed when the government offers a service or product.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Only in sinkapore, that it is so cruel.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this letter is contradictory to pap's propaganda to ask sinkies to have more children, many sinkies merely survive, besides, having children in sinkieland is stressful and not conducive environment for the kids.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government won't do that because their prices will be way too high. There are so many pigs to feed when the government offers a service or product.

They are already doing that for the elderly studio apartment, providing it fully fitted and ready to move in. At a much higher price indeed compared to other BTO flats. But if just kitchen cabinet and window grilles, shouldn't be too expensive, especially when many units compared to elderly studio apartment.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no money want to get married,no money want to have two kids,no money want to buy hdb flat,no money want to install grills and tabletop,no money want to enroll kids in child care,economics is the study of unlimited human wants and how they fulfill it with limited resources.....or in this case study of two very stupid idiots.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not even sure if this story is true. Freelance driver? I know there are shortage of drivers and not only are the bus companies going to Malaysia and China but also the companies that are looking for delivery drivers. What about driving taxis. The story also does not gel. If both parents have to work, why can't they cook before they leave or cook a day earlier. How much does a microwave cost. I won't put it past Gilbert to create ghost letters.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
If cavemen and cavewomen needs money before deciding to have kids we won't be around here talking BS.

Also one fine day when you stop having money you start to cull your kids?

Another BS logic.