• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT makes outstanding profits - 20.1% rise.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent results for Temasek. All the cost cutting initiatives have paid off. I won't be surprised these savings would be reduced maintenance, less training, reduced safety reviews and assessment etc.

And again similar to Saw, the profits have been coming from non-rail business. Ever wonder why the focus for both CEOs have been non-rail business.

SMRT full-year profit grows 20% to cross $100m again
SMRT Corp posted a 20.1 per cent rise in net earnings for the year ended March 31.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/smrt-full-year-profit-grows-20-to-cross-100m-again
PUBLISHED1 HOUR AGO

Christopher TanSenior Transport Correspondent
SINGAPORE - Transport operator SMRT Corp posted a 20.1 per cent rise in net earnings to $109.3 million for the year ended March 31.

The profit attributable to shareholders came on the back of a 6.2 per cent rise in revenue to $1.37 billion, and a 5.4 per cent increase in operating expenses to $1.24 billion.

Earnings per share for the 12 months stood at 7.17 cents while EBITDA margin improved to 26.4 per cent, from 25.4 previously.

SMRT directors are declaring a final dividend of 2.5 cents per share, up from 1.75 last year.

Group CEO Desmond Kuek said: "The group's overall earnings has been supported by better performance in our non-rail businesses, and we will continue to pursue sustainable growth in line with our core competencies as a multi-modal transportation group."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we know why he is still in post. Its actually amazing how a company has failed so badly and repeatedly performance wise in its core business and still achieve outstanding results. I can't recall any company in the World that has achieved this.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds bloody obvious as an outcome….cram in 2 million more low wage fuckers fm india, phils etc….of course profits will rise…are these cunts gonna afford a car?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now we know why he is still in post. Its actually amazing how a company has failed so badly and repeatedly performance wise in its core business and still achieve outstanding results. I can't recall any company in the World that has achieved this.

Diversification is the key,core business are not making money any more,keppel is in the doldrums,nol has gone to the dogs,even sim wong hoo creative has gone to the shitters,maybe conglomerates do not have the opportunity to make blockbuster profits like apple or facebook,but they still have the pptential to grow into behemoths like amazon or hutchinson whampoa or berkshire harthaway,hope to see smrt hotels soon.theres no profit in public transport,they should nationalize and junk the business.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of the Garuda crash where the pilot was too fast for landing and the pilot refused to turn around despite the co-pilot shouting to him to do so. One of the contributing factors was that Garuda had introduced fuel savings incentives for pilots and turnarounds require additional fuel. The incentive was scrapped after the crash.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminds me of the Garuda crash where the pilot was too fast for landing and the pilot refused to turn around despite the co-pilot shouting to him to do so. One of the contributing factors was that Garuda had introduced fuel savings incentives for pilots and turnarounds require additional fuel. The incentive was scrapped after the crash.

Our bus drivers drive like mad too,maybe they are incentivised too.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds bloody obvious as an outcome….cram in 2 million more low wage fuckers fm india, phils etc….of course profits will rise…are these cunts gonna afford a car?

Dumbest way to grow a economy,instead of going out into the world,building mncs,tapping foreign markets,growing organically and bringing profits home,instead the PAP brought the world to our doorstep,they want squeeze 6 billion people into this island?oh I forgot,we are just a glorified tax haven country.