• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOH covers up Goodwood Park Poisoning, Staff upset

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOH personnel are unable to say who asked for Goodwood Park to be treated differently but they have been asked to be "cautious" with this case. ....
MOH staff are really pissed.
hahaha...another classic TPX post from an empty vessel.....
unable to say who asked???
MOH staff are really pissed??? are u the spokeman for MOH staff????
anybody with half a brain will not make such an idiotic post.....

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the last 100 years history of F&B, although there may have been more food poisoning cases but the reliability of the chain has gone up since this last case happened more than 100 days from the last one.

Certainly for Goodwood Park hotel, we never saw a food poisoning case in last 100 years. Maybe its the durians from Johore.

Anyway, sup sup suey lah.
Thanks for the 100 Years mikestone. So which ministar will credit himself for this on his blog.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do remember another food poisoning case where the Authorities downplayed, refuse to be transparent and tried to bury it. This was the cheap bastard Viv Balakrisnan and YOG where volunteers were given sub-standard food parcels and some were contaminated. In the YOG 21 volunteers came down with food poisoning. Again it looks like when it involves someone important different strokes and rules apply. But when it involved a Canadian Volunteer who got a heart conditions, the Singapore paid for all this treatment and gave him first class service.

Food poisoning at the YOG raises concerns
By: UrbanWire

By: Benjamin Liew

A week of investigations later, we are still no clearer about the cause behind 21 volunteers of the Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC) developing food poisoning on Aug 15.

This is in contrast to the 3 days it took the National Environment Agency (NEA) to root out the causative agent in the notorious Indian rojak [Indian salad] food poisoning incident that occurred at a Geylang Serai eatery last year.

Prior to the Youth Olympic Games (YOG), this same agency had imposed stringent hygiene standards on food caterers who were contracted to the YOG.

Although all 21 volunteers at the Singapore Indoor Stadium and East Coast Park venues have since recovered, and there were thankfully no fatalities unlike in Geylang, the lapse in hygiene and slow response to the incident has raised some questions.

Not only has the cause not been uncovered, even the caterer responsible for this lapse in hygiene hasn’t been identified in more than a week.

In an interview with Channel News Asia, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan said, “I have made it a point every day to have my meal with the volunteers so that’s my way of ensuring quality control… In a massive operation like this, from time to time, problems will arise.”

While this has been reassuring, of greater concern, especially among parents of volunteers, appears to be the delay in which the news was released. The public only learnt of the incident 3 days after it had occurred. The fear is that more people could have been unknowingly exposed to tainted food in that time.

Linda Wang, 43, a housewife whose how two children aged nine and ten had eaten the catered food at one of the YOG events, told UrbanWire that had the news been broken to the public earlier, her children could have packed their own food instead of eating what was provided at the YOG. This would then allow them to avoid risking food poisoning altogether.

Although every event, especially one of the scale of the YOG will have its fair share of controversies and accidents, some are wondering if more couldn’t have been done to protect the welfare of the 20,000 plus YOG volunteers who have done a great deal to ensure the games go on smoothly.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...Scroobal, u are truly an empty vessel with nothing between the ears....
time to grow up and wake up stop behaving like a cry baby kpkb about double standards.....
go and get educated by your #1 PLP, Golden Dragon who posted the following words of wisdom.....

Originally Posted by GoldenDragon
my dear friend, in this world, name me a country or entity that doesnt practice double standards. wake up! surely you aren't that naive. move on. best wishes.
not say I want to say u....but you always like to put your foot in your mouth....
truly retarded...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...Scroobal, u are truly an empty vessel with nothing between the ears....
time to grow up and wake up stop behaving like a cry baby kpkb about double standards.....
go and get educated by your #1 PLP, Golden Dragon who posted the following words of wisdom.....

not say I want to say u....but you always like to put your foot in your mouth....
truly retarded...

terrific post!

your sifu and si kong