• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my foot! SG's Fake Ah Beng Icon PCK now back to Turban!

sgp_blackout

Alfrescian
Loyal
25787611.jpg

http://m.todayonline.com/entertainment/celebrity/gurmit-singh-turns-hero-day

Gurmit Singh turns Hero for a day

Gurmit Singh unveils his new "Hero Singh" alter ego. Photo: Hon Jing Yi/TODAY
Singapore’s popular comedian takes on a new alter ego, and joins Kumar and Joanne Kam team up for three-hour comedy show
mail
View all 0 comments

BY
HON JING YI
honjingyi@PUBLISHED: 4:05 AM, APRIL 28, 2016
SINGAPORE — If you thought Gurmit Singh was done with his comedy career, think again.

Come July, the Singaporean funnyman will be hosting a comedy show called Laugh Die You — The Karaoke. The title is a direct English translation of the Cantonese phrase “siu sei lei”, and Gurmit appears as his latest alter ego, an eccentric law-abiding security guard called “Hero Singh”, complete with fake chest hair and dreams of becoming a singer.

“We were talking in the office in Malaysia about (creating) a new character, and then I realised I’ve never done a Punjabi character — this is my first time. The irony is that I am a Punjabi,” Gurmit quipped at a press conference for the show.

Laugh Die You, which has been staged in Malaysia, will go on for two nights at Resorts World Theatre in Resorts World Sentosa. The three-hour comedy show will see comedians from either side of the causeway pit their skills against each other — most notably, local stand-up star Kumar and Joanne Kam, Malaysia’s only female stand-up comedian. Popular Singaporean comedian Fakkah Fuzz will also make a special guest appearance.

Each star will perform their own stand-up routine, before engaging in a comedic “battle”. Gurmit will also sing a few songs — in keeping with the “karaoke” theme — along with a choir and Malaysian rock band Hydra.

Speaking to reporters about his experience performing in Singapore and Malaysia, Kumar said Singaporeans were certainly the tougher crowd.

“Singaporeans are a bit harder (to get a laugh from) because of our own red tape, and because Singaporeans take a longer time to warm up. By the time (the audience is warmed up), it’s my second show already,” deadpanned Kumar, adding that he was looking forward to his onstage reunion with Gurmit and Kam, with whom he performed more than 20 years ago at Haw Par Villa.

“In Singapore, they are so scared because if you make a joke about politics, they look at each other. In Malaysia, they laugh from the beginning to the end. Here, they are not so sure.

“By the time they really react, they are on the taxi, on their way home,” he continued.

In essentials, however, the comedians agree that Malaysian and Singaporean audiences share a similar sense of humour.

“For someone like me who’s performed a lot of times in Malaysia, there are certain words we use in Malay that if we use in Kuala Lumpur, everybody gets it,” said Kam. “Here sometimes I need to remind myself, like will the Singaporeans get it, because not everyone is used to those terms or words. Other than that, the jokes are the same.” HON JING YI

Laugh Die You — The Karaoke will be

held at Resorts World Theatre on July 9 and 10. Prices from S$68 to S$350 are available at SISTIC from May 6.

sgp_blackout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now by-election, LHL lacks Harban Singh, then PCK put on Turban say he is Punjabi Singh!!? ¿

Why he never norminated? He is the one of 5 who collected form?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right! This bayi dude is a true Ah Beng! How come he act Ah Beng, considered talented. Then when Ah Beng behave as Ah Beng, not seen as talent? Considered low class scum some more! Life is really not fair!

Cheers!

The real bayi have long hair tied up inside turban and grow real moustache. This Fake bayi short hair cut fake moustache by duoble sided tapes, for show fake only. CB one!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really,this Gurmit Singh Bayi cannot act,very fake and atificial,not funny at all and he can only laughed at himself.He tried a talk show a la David Letterman but was a fiasco.He should just quit the entertainment indutry and go to e2i to be trained to be a security guard stationed outside a bank or shopping mall.

kopiCbuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really,this Gurmit Singh Bayi cannot act,very fake and atificial,not funny at all and he can only laughed at himself.He tried a talk show a la David Letterman but was a fiasco.He should just quit the entertainment indutry and go to e2i to be trained to be a security guard stationed outside a bank or shopping mall.

he is like jackie chan. damn not funny

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucktard renounce his race and religion and now need food on the table then wear a fake turban.
The Sikh community should banish and excommunicate this pariah dog.
Talentless and a real turnoff. Only can survive in Sg wasteland entertainment

kopiCbuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucktard renounce his race and religion and now need food on the table then wear a fake turban.
The Sikh community should banish and excommunicate this pariah dog.
Talentless and a real turnoff. Only can survive in Sg wasteland entertainment

last time before vomit got another fatty chup cheng moe alkaff, dunno die already or not