• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Irony ... Chee got integrity meh?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even after she has repented? That's very harsh. :biggrin:

gohdollar2.jpg

enough to buy integrity?

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it comes to integrity, CSJ is number 1. Disregard what he did at NUS et cetera. He has sacrificed his career for the love of this country. If outsiders have any designs on S'pore, CSJ will be our 'eyes' and 'ears'.
hahaha....I have yet to come across a more thick skinned hypocrite who is better at double talking....
another hit below the belt post and idiots were too intoxicated to see it....
csj was dishonest at NUS...
csj was paid by papeee to be our 'eyes' and 'ears'....

Last edited:

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
How Chiam See Tong was ousted from the SDP by Chee Soon Juan

If you think that the PAP made it tough for the opposition, may I remind readers of very recent history. The following are facts from public domain, newspapers and published decisions of the Court.

On the 10th of December 1993, one Chiam See Tong took the Singapore Democratic Party to court for wrongful expulsion and to sue for consequential reliefs.
Chiam See Tong was once the Secretary General of the SDP.

On 17th of May 1993, Chiam had attended a regular meeting of the Party’s Central Executive Committee (CEC). At this time, one of the CEC members, a young Dr. Chee Soon Juan, had gone on a hunger strike in protest against the termination of his employment with the National University of Singapore on account of some alleged misuse of the university’s research funds.

Chiam was concerned that the manner of protest that Dr. Chee had chosen would damage the reputation of the SDP.

At the Party’s CEC meeting, Chiam sought to table a motion of censure against Dr. Chee, however, no one supported him.

Disappointed, he took this as a vote of no confidence in him as the Sec-Gen and consequently resigned the position. He gave up the position to a Ling How Doong, whom was Party Chairman at that time.

(Ling How Dong, Member of Parliament for SDP, Bukit Gombak 1991)

Chiam then took to the press with his frustrations.

Soon, at another CEC meeting (of which was now run by Ling), the Committee decided that Chiam should be disciplined and on the 28th of July 1993, Chiam received a notice requiring him to appear before the Party’s CEC for a hearing.

Chiam raised an objection that the hearing should not proceed – because some of its members were the very persons he criticised. This would bring about an unfair hearing. The CEC disagreed and this was overruled.

During the hearing, Chiam was subjected to questions, challenges and refutes “in random fashion” by the members. At the end of it all, it was decided that Chiam should be expelled.

The Court ruled for allowing Chiam’s claim against the SDP. This was based on the decision that an important element of natural justice, that of fair hearing, was the person whose conduct was sought to be impugned should be told clearly what case he was to meet. In this case, Chiam was not told of the real grievance against him.

Moreover, the proceedings required the participation in an adversarial way between the CEC and himself – this was not satisfactory and did not comply with the norm of fairness of which a disciplinary tribunal must observe. There was prejudice by the adjudicators from the start.

Chiam spoke to the press at length about the reasons for his resignation. He revealed that some of the party leaders were not credible, whilst others were motivated by self-interest. In particular, he commented on one of the members, Mr. Wong Hong Toy’s criminal record and Dr. Chee’s dismissal from NUS for misappropriation of research funds. He spoke of how Mr. Ling and Mr. Cheo Chai Chen (who were then party Members of Parliament for Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central), were running town councils like their own “little kingdoms”.

The PAP did not deliver Chiam as much damage as the old SDP CEC did.

Chee eventually was released from his bankruptcy because of sympathy from his litigants. He is now a free man, free to campaign at the elections.

But what about the Singapore Democratic Party that Chiam fought so hard to build (and eventually did win seats in Parliament?) Who is going to return the party back to him?

(Chiam lost the Toa Payoh campaign against the PAP in 2011)

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xiao Yu Toh Exactly. I share your sentiments too. I mean if his mentor Chiam See Tong really retired from politics, at least Dr Chee is still of good character. But to have Chiam See Tong out of SDP which he himself founded to form another party, speaks a lot about Chee's character. If Dr Chee is an honourable man, he should have resigned from SDP n created a new party himself, instead of riding on the successes of the former party.

I lived in Bukit Batok for 28years of my life, and have no wish for such person to run in my old home.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Xiao Yu Toh Exactly. I share your sentiments too. I mean if his mentor Chiam See Tong really retired from politics, at least Dr Chee is still of good character. But to have Chiam See Tong out of SDP which he himself founded to form another party, speaks a lot about Chee's character. If Dr Chee is an honourable man, he should have resigned from SDP n created a new party himself, instead of riding on the successes of the former party.

I lived in Bukit Batok for 28years of my life, and have no wish for such person to run in my old home.

oh.. you are here with your freaking bullshit again... why are you so afraid of Dr Chee? when you see him, your fucking balls shrink, is it? or do you have any balls in the first place?

May i know who causes the occurrence of the by-election in the very first place?

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee Soon Juan…Vote For Re-LIAR-bility

chee-soon-juan1.jpg

Chee Soon Juan. He really is re-LIAR-ble.

You just have to scroll through google and you find not one, not two, but many people and articles questioning his reliability.
Sure, since the last General Elections in 2015 he seems like he’s a changed man. But I don’t quite buy that.

Just look at what a former member of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) which Chee is the Secretary General of said:

CSJ.1.jpg
Jeremy Chen's Website

CSJ.2.jpg
Jeremy Chen's Website

sdp-polling-day.jpg

Channel NewsAsia

And if that’s not enough, Singapore’s Consul-General to Hong Kong Jacky Foo went on to the Wall Street Journal in 2014 to respond to Chee’s op-ed (some interesting points are highlighted):

In his op-ed last week (“A New Vision for Singapore,” Nov. 28), Chee Soon Juan rehashes old arguments without a sense of reality.
He takes issue with income inequality in Singapore. Indeed it has increased, as it has in many other countries. But in Singapore, the low-income have access to high-quality education, health care and public housing, like other citizens. Families earning just 1,000 Singapore dollars ($800) a month can afford to own a two-room apartment. Indeed, 80% of households in the bottom income quintile own their homes, with an average of more than S$200,000 net housing equity. Their wages have also grown by 10% (in real terms) in the past decade, unlike the stagnation often seen elsewhere. There is no parallel in other countries. Our model is not perfect, but it is dishonest of Mr. Chee to claim that it has failed, or that we have done nothing.

Mr. Chee criticizes government-linked companies. His charges are absurd. GLCs include highly successful, internationally renowned companies, such as Keppel, SembCorp and Singapore Airlines. They provide good jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans, but they make up just 10% of the economy. Privately owned small and medium-sized enterprises employ seven in 10 Singaporeans and enjoy the bulk of government support.

But Mr. Chee is not interested in facts. He is out to make a political case and trim his sails to the wind. When he writes in The Wall Street Journal, he attacks GLCs, but when he writes for the Huffington Post, he attacks free-trade agreements, in particular the U.S.-Singapore FTA.

Mr. Chee claims Singapore lacks a democracy. The reality is that elections in Singapore are free and fair. Every time Mr. Chee and his party have contested, Singaporeans have rejected them. He might do better to take the interest of Singaporeans to heart, rather than pander to the editorial tastes of the Western media.

Oh, and all good things comes in threes, so here’s a third one.

During the lead-up to GE2015, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong himself used a quote which Chee himself used during a lunchtime rally:

“I was very surprised to hear Dr Chee Soon Juan here yesterday on this spot say: ‘Reputation is temporary, but character is permanent’. I agree. Of all people, Dr Chee should know character is permanent, doesn’t change,”

#Burn

Don’t even get me started on a history class on what Chee has been doing by badmouthing Singapore when he travels around the world.

Chee-Soon-Juan.jpg

Singapore Democrats

And when he’s unable to travel, he goes to YouTube and podcasts to badmouth our democratically elected government.
So you can see for yourself. It’s not just me saying things about Chee. But many others who are. I’m just stringing all of them together for you. You judge.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How Chiam See Tong was ousted from the SDP by Chee Soon Juan

If you think that the PAP made it tough for the opposition, may I remind readers of very recent history. The following are facts from public domain, newspapers and published decisions of the Court.

On the 10th of December 1993, one Chiam See Tong took the Singapore Democratic Party to court for wrongful expulsion and to sue for consequential reliefs.
Chiam See Tong was once the Secretary General of the SDP.

On 17th of May 1993, Chiam had attended a regular meeting of the Party’s Central Executive Committee (CEC). At this time, one of the CEC members, a young Dr. Chee Soon Juan, had gone on a hunger strike in protest against the termination of his employment with the National University of Singapore on account of some alleged misuse of the university’s research funds.

Chiam was concerned that the manner of protest that Dr. Chee had chosen would damage the reputation of the SDP.

At the Party’s CEC meeting, Chiam sought to table a motion of censure against Dr. Chee, however, no one supported him.

Disappointed, he took this as a vote of no confidence in him as the Sec-Gen and consequently resigned the position. He gave up the position to a Ling How Doong, whom was Party Chairman at that time.

(Ling How Dong, Member of Parliament for SDP, Bukit Gombak 1991)

Chiam then took to the press with his frustrations.

Soon, at another CEC meeting (of which was now run by Ling), the Committee decided that Chiam should be disciplined and on the 28th of July 1993, Chiam received a notice requiring him to appear before the Party’s CEC for a hearing.

Chiam raised an objection that the hearing should not proceed – because some of its members were the very persons he criticised. This would bring about an unfair hearing. The CEC disagreed and this was overruled.

During the hearing, Chiam was subjected to questions, challenges and refutes “in random fashion” by the members. At the end of it all, it was decided that Chiam should be expelled.

The Court ruled for allowing Chiam’s claim against the SDP. This was based on the decision that an important element of natural justice, that of fair hearing, was the person whose conduct was sought to be impugned should be told clearly what case he was to meet. In this case, Chiam was not told of the real grievance against him.

Moreover, the proceedings required the participation in an adversarial way between the CEC and himself – this was not satisfactory and did not comply with the norm of fairness of which a disciplinary tribunal must observe. There was prejudice by the adjudicators from the start.

Chiam spoke to the press at length about the reasons for his resignation. He revealed that some of the party leaders were not credible, whilst others were motivated by self-interest. In particular, he commented on one of the members, Mr. Wong Hong Toy’s criminal record and Dr. Chee’s dismissal from NUS for misappropriation of research funds. He spoke of how Mr. Ling and Mr. Cheo Chai Chen (who were then party Members of Parliament for Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central), were running town councils like their own “little kingdoms”.

The PAP did not deliver Chiam as much damage as the old SDP CEC did.

Chee eventually was released from his bankruptcy because of sympathy from his litigants. He is now a free man, free to campaign at the elections.

But what about the Singapore Democratic Party that Chiam fought so hard to build (and eventually did win seats in Parliament?) Who is going to return the party back to him?

(Chiam lost the Toa Payoh campaign against the PAP in 2011)

With all due respect, this is an internal party affairs. A difference in opinions. It is quite normal for CEC to call for hearing to insure that party members abide by the discipline of the party.

Almost every party has this sort of things.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

blar blar blar....... and the rest of cowardly bullshit...

Is that all your can do? don't you find it tired keep on harping old news which people already tired of such old time propaganda shaming tactics. Your PAP masters are so scared of Dr Chee asking the hard and scary questions to the PAP???

Let me ask you again... Dr Chee didn't ask for the by election, he just seize the opportunity to be elected again due to a by election caused by a PAP MP who committed adultery, may i ask you who is that PAP MP? you should know that is because i believe you have been sucking his cock and getting paid for it too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....I have yet to come across a more thick skinned hypocrite who is better at double talking....
another hit below the belt post and idiots were too intoxicated to see it....
csj was dishonest at NUS...
csj was paid by papeee to be our 'eyes' and 'ears'....

terrific post kuku!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the claims and accusations against Chee may or may not be true but what irks me is PAP's claims about singapore.....all the generalization and whitewashing.80 percent of the bottom income quintile owns their flats,with an average of $200,000 of housing equity,whats the point of ur hdb being worth 200k and looking rich on paper when u are barely earning jackshit less than 1k per month,barely have any money in ur pockets and cant put food in ur stomachs?hdb are nothing but elaborate ponzi schemes to transfer large amounts of wealth from sinkies to the PAP's coffers.i rather be living in a air conditioned tent at east coast park with 200k in my bank account or investments generating dividends letting me do whatever the fuck i want.with 8 240w solar panels and a 10kwh battery bank for free unlimited electricity,a skywater atmospheric water generation system for clean water up to 48 litres a day,backup gas generator and whatnot....instead of living a pointless existence in a overpriced pigeon hole.and the gini in this country.....

5oGHfrO.jpg

UKK6xoN.jpg

In his op-ed last week (“A New Vision for Singapore,” Nov. 28), Chee Soon Juan rehashes old arguments without a sense of reality.
He takes issue with income inequality in Singapore. Indeed it has increased, as it has in many other countries. But in Singapore, the low-income have access to high-quality education, health care and public housing, like other citizens. Families earning just 1,000 Singapore dollars ($800) a month can afford to own a two-room apartment. Indeed, 80% of households in the bottom income quintile own their homes, with an average of more than S$200,000 net housing equity. Their wages have also grown by 10% (in real terms) in the past decade, unlike the stagnation often seen elsewhere. There is no parallel in other countries. Our model is not perfect, but it is dishonest of Mr. Chee to claim that it has failed, or that we have done nothing.

Mr. Chee criticizes government-linked companies. His charges are absurd. GLCs include highly successful, internationally renowned companies, such as Keppel, SembCorp and Singapore Airlines. They provide good jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans, but they make up just 10% of the economy. Privately owned small and medium-sized enterprises employ seven in 10 Singaporeans and enjoy the bulk of government support.

But Mr. Chee is not interested in facts. He is out to make a political case and trim his sails to the wind. When he writes in The Wall Street Journal, he attacks GLCs, but when he writes for the Huffington Post, he attacks free-trade agreements, in particular the U.S.-Singapore FTA.

Mr. Chee claims Singapore lacks a democracy. The reality is that elections in Singapore are free and fair. Every time Mr. Chee and his party have contested, Singaporeans have rejected them. He might do better to take the interest of Singaporeans to heart, rather than pander to the editorial tastes of the Western media.

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
papigs got integrity meh?
bring in shiploads of new shitizens before GE 2015 and redrew el boundary all sorts of dirty tricks

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is PAP integrity.

datz not fair as both pricks were trying to burrow the holes to chase away rats!!!

ccccccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

ccc

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lapping up PAP- sanitised and PAP-controlled media reports at your own peril. Dr Chee is specifically targeted for destruction because the PAP fears him as a formidable and articulate foe. Chiam's start-and -stop staccato accomodating style and utter lack of eloquence is pseudo opposition at its best! PAP loves him!

jw5

Loyal
Lapping up PAP- sanitised and PAP-controlled media reports at your own peril. Dr Chee is specifically targeted for destruction because the PAP fears him as a formidable and articulate foe. Chiam's start-and -stop staccato accomodating style and utter lack of eloquence is pseudo opposition at its best! PAP loves him!

Both Chee and Chiam are opposition heroes, but you are right that PAP would prefer to deal with Chiam over Chee anyday. :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

recycled argument. isnt he following the footstep of old fart to kick out the founding members of FAP? if harping on what he does is dishournable, then everyone else are insulting the old fart.