• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straight Fight SDP vs PAP, Goh Meng Seng comes out with back-up plan

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it is a straight fight. Only Murali and Chee. But that did not stop others from getting into the limelight. First prize went to our Goh Meng Seng whose party People Power Party had applied and obtained the Political Donation certificate for their intended candidate Kwan Yue Keng . They turned up at the nomination centre with papers prepared in the event that SDP's candidate nominations could not be accepted.

Goh must have recalled the yesteryears of Workers Party when he was a member and on 2 occasions the party failed to provide the right information for the papers to be accepted and were prematurely knocked out. Goh claimed that he wanted to provide insurance and did not want PAP to get a walkover. Goh also claimed that there were complaints that SDP was breaching the rules and the possibility of a disqualification was therefore there but he did not go into details

Kwan Yue Keng for those who could recall was previously with SDP under Chiam and in 1991, polled 48.2% against PAP's Dr Ong Chit Chung in Bukit Batok. After Chiam - Chee split, he left with Chiam and then went over to NSP.

Han Hui Hui was on location and when interviewed stated that she did not support any party. Shirwin Eu said that he was looking for "fame and wealth" from being an MP and thats what inspires him. He seems to be on the right track.

PAP came in full battle order with the now customary makchik with Tudung in the front rank with Tharman, PAP MPs and their candidate. Interestingly a male Malay would not make the PAP profile complete as he might be mistaken for Eurasian and the religion does not comes across well. While a female Malay with a Tudung certifies beyond doubt that PAP is an inclusive party or at least thats what the PAP thinks or hopes for the country to think. And the Malays allow for this exploitation.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
great to have a straight fight. was earlier told a third party (and quite a credible one) may feature in this BE.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, there is one political certificate that is not accounted for. I wonder who it is?

Any idea why Goh MS made the claim that SDP maybe breaching the rules? I cannot see any reasons for making the comment.

great to have a straight fight. was earlier told a third party (and quite a credible one) may feature in this BE.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, there is one political certificate that is not accounted for. I wonder who it is?

Any idea why Goh MS made the claim that SDP maybe breaching the rules? I cannot see any reasons for making the comment.

No idea, bro. Maybe we can get GMS to clarify. He's been missing from this forum for quite sometime. Hope he comes back to give us his analyses on this BE.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always appreciated and enjoyed reading GMS' views except when he goes on the WP tangent. He reads the ground well, knows many of the players and not afraid to call a spade a spade. Being effectively bilingual his take from both sides is insightful. Not many can do that. Hope he comes in gives his views.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Murali gave his speech in all 4 official languages, quite impressive. He came across as a quiet school teacher rather than a litigator. I always wondered how he performed in court. Chee spoke in Mandarin and English, very powerful orator but slipped into AngMo accent at the start of his English speech but quickly recovered. The Returning officer had to chase him away after the time limit was up. I remember that the best and hardest hitting speech given on Nomination Day was by Vincent Wijayasinghe. Missed this guy a lot.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There were no surprises. As expected, no other political party was interested to be spoiler. Even the IMH nutcases failed to cause any distraction.

Let's see how the nine days go.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng received no such tipoff
He was there for the attention. Not even original as his good buddy and long time compatriot PLG also did the same before, with the notable difference is that PLG did it to WP candidate

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Murali gave his speech in all 4 official languages, quite impressive. He came across as a quiet school teacher rather than a litigator. I always wondered how he performed in court. Chee spoke in Mandarin and English, very powerful orator but slipped into AngMo accent at the start of his English speech but quickly recovered. The Returning officer had to chase him away after the time limit was up. I remember that the best and hardest hitting speech given on Nomination Day was by Vincent Wijayasinghe. Missed this guy a lot.

CSJ would have been a much better lawyer compared to Murali. And yes, Juan needs to avoid his matsalleh accent. This isn't an international audience with angmos being the majority.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

He had to make up excuse to justify his presence there. Essentially gms is just there for some cheap media exposure as well as to present himself as some opposition activist to the opposition voters. This is the way he keep himself 'relevant' and people will not forget him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was puzzled when he made that claim. It did not make sense. This thing about back-up, insurance, emergency etc just shows how childish people get. When Poh Lee Guan did and WP sacked him, you could see that they were not prepared to tolerate these sorts of acts.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why Oppo parties always CANNOT MAKE IT one!

This kind of childish no brain move can also use. They think this is playing street soccer meh.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng received no such tipoff
He was there for the attention. Not even original as his good buddy and long time compatriot PLG also did the same before, with the notable difference is that PLG did it to WP candidate
He recieved tip off a ufo was sighted in bb. Turned out was a botak rat running loose at wendys resturant

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

me... i was there too, just in case murali got disqualified and i must step forward to contest CSJ

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

At the nomination centre, there was strong discussions concerning a SDP banner that was put up before nomination closes (thus breaching election rules). GMS was right to provide the insurance because, SDP could have been disqualified ... if that banner with photos proved to be put up by them. Rumour has it also that the banner was a planned sabo by pap.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info bro.

At the nomination centre, there was strong discussions concerning a SDP banner that was put up before nomination closes (thus breaching election rules). GMS was right to provide the insurance because, SDP could have been disqualified ... if that banner with photos proved to be put up by them. Rumour has it also that the banner was a planned sabo by pap.