• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some are born with good fortune, I just work and try my best

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours truly was under Tiong Seng's boss Mr Pay briefly when he was young.

Old Mr Pay was a visionary and willing to share his views about life with yours truly when I briefly worked for him to repair vehicles. Yours truly recalled, he said "Di ah (little brother), we all worked hard, took risk, sacrificed time with family, go home late, if we cannot make a decent profit, then so busy for what?" Old Mr Pay must had his fair share of disappointments and failures after working hard and trying his best.

Today and tomorrow are terrible days at workplace facing some evil people. Old Mr Pay came into my mind. How often can yours truly find a kind soul in life who is willing to treat me like that.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Yours truly was under Tiong Seng's boss Mr Pek briefly when he was young.

Old Mr Pek was a visionary and willing to share his views about life with yours truly when I briefly worked for him to repair vehicles. Yours truly recalled, he said "Di ah (little brother), we all worked hard, took risk, sacrificed time with family, go home late, if we cannot make a decent profit, then so busy for what?" Old Mr Pek must had his fair share of disappointments and failures after working hard and trying his best.

Today and tomorrow are terrible days at workplace facing some evil people. Old Mr Pek came into my mind. How often can yours truly find a kind soul in life who is willing to treat me like that.

It sounds like he treated you almost like his own son. :wink:

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are so unfortunate not to have born here. This place will toughen us!!!

images

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
It sounds like he treated you almost like his own son. :wink:

Late Mr Pay Seng Koon used to drive yours truly in his Land Rover to caterpillar Singapore, Hahaa some thought yours truly was his relative. He is an upright and honest businessman, never smoke his vendors or subcontractors. That generation from Mr Pay's extended family were a diligent lot. When yours truly's workshop started work at 8am, you could see Mr Pak Seng Koon or his siblings' white merc at the carpark by 7.30am.

Mr Pay used to share with yours truly, his personal presence at worksites in Tuas or Jurong Island, translated to 20-30% greater productivity and so a leader must frequently be on the ground.

Such simple yet effective work ethics and values still works in modern time, unlike the corrupted fat cat purchasers in our train and taxi workshops. This is why some issues cannot be solved.

jw5

Loyal
Late Mr Pay Seng Koon used to drive yours truly in his Land Rover to caterpillar Singapore, Hahaa some thought yours truly was his relative. He is an upright and honest businessman, never smoke his vendors or subcontractors. That generation from Mr Pay's extended family were a diligent lot. When yours truly's workshop started work at 8am, you could see Mr Pak Seng Koon or his siblings' white merc at the carpark by 7.30am.

Mr Pay used to share with yours truly, his personal presence at worksites in Tuas or Jurong Island, translated to 20-30% greater productivity and so a leader must frequently be on the ground.

Such simple yet effective work ethics and values still works in modern time, unlike the corrupted fat cat purchasers in our train and taxi workshops. This is why some issues cannot be solved.

Nice story, keep em' coming. :wink:

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours truly had lunch with his son at a hawker center this afternoon. All of the sudden, I told my boy, "you know, daddy used to have a friend who stayed near here." Sonny wasn't very interested and I repeated myself twice, softer and softer on each further attempt to get my message across. Then I realized that those words ain't really for my child; i was speaking to myself, reminding myself of her.

Felt some sadness within me, recalling the days that I used to walk her home, passing by this market......

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;aW5YrcSO-Ms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW5YrcSO-Ms[/video]

He and his wife came to my book store with his new book.
He was a refined straightforward and sincere gentleman.

For him,
He cares only about right and wrong.
He stands up for what he thinks is not right.