• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok Gold Cup - Opportunity to revise or cast your prediction

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing scientific bro, but a mash of past results, the usual bias and external variables.

BB is solid PAP ground is a major factor. Tharman and his team has done very well in that part of the World. Chee has previously faced Tharman and his GRC team in that geography in 2001 and only got 20.2% of the votes. There are also no burning issues. So the only external factor that will help make a dent in the number for SDP is voters sense of feeling in regard to David Ong and his adultery and the fact that it is a minority candidate and if identity markers plays a part.

As to SDP and the internal factors are its history of poor quality party members though well meaning, associates and advisors since the split from Chiam. Vincent and the team that contested 2011 cannot be regarded as followers of SDP for obvious reasons. They then needed a ready party platform in 2011 logistics wise. Chee is also known for his weak strategy and poor tactics. There is a reason why the other parties are not keen to contest this part of the World even during GE and especially BB. Even SDP knows that by sending a retired Tamil school teacher to contest it during the last GE.

Then lastly the latest performance - 2015. Many felt that it was Chee's best performance, nothing controversial and he had outstanding partner in PT but the results were dismal - 33.4%. And mind you many people do not rate Vivian Balakrishnan and Ms Chut Pattern Sim Ann. It will interesting as the demographics for BT-Holland would be the opposite of BB.

Scroobal, do you seriously think that M can win by 71% ? Could you give me an analysis of how your vote percentage comes about ?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feel sorry for BB constituents having to go through this again all because David Ong fucked a married ex stewardess RC porlumpar milf.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Chee cannot even garner more than 30% which is even less than the 33.4% that SDP garnered in the last GE, I say he must well throw in the towel. What's the use of fighting for the betterment of the lives of Sinkies when you don't have the trust and mandate from the people in you? And why subject your family and your supporters to the harshness of life as a politician when you and your family can enjoy the good life elsewhere ? Why made the children suffer ?

Sinkies must be blind to the sincerity and integrity of a man who sacrificed so much for the country with no expectations. I am not like him. Enough is enough.

But I know he will never give up even if he loses. Chee, wish you all the best.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Chee cannot even garner more than 30% which is even less than the 33.4% that SDP garnered in the last GE, I say he must well throw in the towel. What's the use of fighting for the betterment of the lives of Sinkies when you don't have the trust and mandate from the people in you? And why subject your family and your supporters to the harshness of life as a politician when you and your family can enjoy the good life elsewhere ? Why made the children suffer ?

Sinkies must be blind to the sincerity and integrity of a man who sacrificed so much for the country with no expectations. I am not like him. Enough is enough.

(THE NEW PAPER) - When Dr Chee Soon Juan’s daughter E Lyn returned home one day with a poor score in her mathematics test, she was afraid to show her father the results.

E Lyn, now 13, says she was fearful her father would scold her.

On Friday, the tables were turned.

It was Dr Chee, the secretary-general of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), who had returned with a less-than-satisfactory report card.

The SDP candidates, led by Dr Chee, lost to the People’s Action Party (PAP) team in the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC.

The margin of defeat - 33.38 per cent of valid votes won - was well below the 39.92 per cent obtained in the 2011 General Election.
This despite great expectations from pundits and indications on the ground.

Sitting in a room with other candidates at the SDP office in Ang Mo Kio, E Lyn and her sister An Lyn, 16, and brother Shaw Hur, 11, sensed their father’s disappointment.

“Maybe it’s not the time. (But) there will be a time in the future,” An Lyn tells The New Paper on Sunday early yesterday morning.

The defeat is a minor setback, adds E Lyn, reflecting a maturity beyond her years.

So no, you are not likely to see the last of Dr Chee.

“Just keep going and don’t give up,” she says of the future.

“This time it doesn’t matter because next time he can work harder.”

You know, it doesn't matter at the end of day, whether you win or not, what really matters is the love and respect that you have earned from your peers and more importantly from your family.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(THE NEW PAPER) - When Dr Chee Soon Juan’s daughter E Lyn returned home one day with a poor score in her mathematics test, she was afraid to show her father the results.

E Lyn, now 13, says she was fearful her father would scold her.

On Friday, the tables were turned.

It was Dr Chee, the secretary-general of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), who had returned with a less-than-satisfactory report card.

The SDP candidates, led by Dr Chee, lost to the People’s Action Party (PAP) team in the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC.

The margin of defeat - 33.38 per cent of valid votes won - was well below the 39.92 per cent obtained in the 2011 General Election.
This despite great expectations from pundits and indications on the ground.

Sitting in a room with other candidates at the SDP office in Ang Mo Kio, E Lyn and her sister An Lyn, 16, and brother Shaw Hur, 11, sensed their father’s disappointment.

“Maybe it’s not the time. (But) there will be a time in the future,” An Lyn tells The New Paper on Sunday early yesterday morning.

The defeat is a minor setback, adds E Lyn, reflecting a maturity beyond her years.

So no, you are not likely to see the last of Dr Chee.

“Just keep going and don’t give up,” she says of the future.

“This time it doesn’t matter because next time he can work harder.”

You know, it doesn't matter at the end of day, whether you win or not, what really matters is the love and respect that you have earned from your peers and more importantly from your family.

I am sorry that I have said Chee made his children suffer... when in fact, he made them strong.

“I feel quite proud when he (Dr Chee) goes on stage. The crowd always cheers very loudly. And I feel very happy for him because he has gone so far,” says E Lyn.

Dr Chee’s children seem grounded, with no sign of envy at not having the creature comforts or the latest gadgets of their peers.

E Lyn adds: “Well, my friends will have expensive mobile phones or cars or stuff like that.

“But I think I’m just okay with it because I’m used to it.”

The Chee family had shuffled quietly into the SDP office on Friday and left pretty much the same way, though they looked a little drained from all the campaigning.

Says Dr Chee’s wife, Dr Huang Chihmei: “When you’re tired, you take a break. You rest for a while but you continue.”

They left for their home in Toa Payoh in the family’s old maroon Nissan Presea.

Like its battered owner, the car had a few dents. But it remained worthy enough to continue its journey

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who says " PAP doesn't make its people strong "?

old woman.jpeg

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Add me in for PAP: 69%.

Chee may be able to increase his percentage but the home advantage is there for the PAP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
V2 Update 5 -

For Chee : -
Tonychat 100.00%
Legend 88.00%
Kuanti01 55.00%
Cosmos10 52.90%
Enterprise2 52.00%
CKMPD 51.3%
Patriot 51.20%
Wunderfool 51.00%
Yahoo55 50.80%
Raiders 50.40%
Charlie99 50.38%
Winnipegjet 50.01%

For Murali : -
JHolmesJR 98.20%
SDPhopeless 84.10%
SilentisGolden 80.00%
Sleaguepunter 74.78%
OverTheCounter 73.50%
Debonerman 73.30%
Streetcry 72.30%
Scroobal 71.05%
blueRAD 70.45%
McDonaldskid 70.01%
John Tan 69.90%
Zihau 69.69%
John Tan 69.00%
Kingrant 69.00%
CAB Commander 68.86%
TFBH: 68.50%
po2wq- 68.21%
Mojito 66.60%
GoldenDragon 65.58%
Chongpangchixwings 65.00%
Gigo88 64.00%
Zeddy 60.00%
Narong 60.00%
Duluxe 55.01%
Kulgai 54.50%
The Hyprocrite 50.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the biggest disappointments in life is what you see is NOT what you get. I remember at the GE 2015 , the huge mass rallies seen at the Opps ... the thunderous shouts of support for the Opps candidates... but when the final tally was in, the Opps had a bruising defeat . WP's stronghold was almost decimated. Chee 's SDP was crushed and could only garnered a measly 33.4% of the votes. It is inexplicably the biggest upset for the Opps. Even PAP themselves were surprised by the overwhelming winning margin.

What you see is not what you get .... that's a reality Chee has to come to terms with on Polling Day.

Last edited:

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina Chiam

April 22 at 11:52pm · Singapore ·

My fellow citizens, Mr. Chiam and I understand that the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) has been circulating an image of Mr. Chiam See Tong and Dr. Chee Soon Juan in SDP’s newsletter, The New Democrat.

We would like to clarify that Dr. Chee did not seek nor receive permission to include Mr. Chiam’s image in this newsletter. Mr. Chiam has not given his endorsement to any candidate for the upcoming Bukit Batok by-election.

Mr. and Mrs. Chiam See Tong

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if we lose BB ?

Sir, I don’t understand.

What I mean is what are the implications to us if we lose BB ?

Sir, I cannot see how we can lose. The polls are indicating to us that we will have a comfortable win.

I know but what if ?

Ok, If you were to ask me what happens if , and that is a very big if, we lose, then obviously we have to deal with Chee in Parliament.

Yeah, I am just thinking if we can handle him in Parliament.

Don’t worry, sir. Shan and I should be able to take him on in Parliament.

Yeah… guess we’ll have a lot more work to do if he’s around.

Err … yes and no sir. We always do our diligence in our Parliamentary debates. I am not worried. And we have the best lawyers here. So I don’t see him as a problem.

Ok. Let ’s make sure we win in BB. I don’t want to spend my time thinking how to deal with him. One WP ’s gang is enough head-ache already.

Chee has some legacy issues with Chiam. People still remember that. That’s working to our advantage. Our IB is helping us on that. M has been working the ground for many years. The BB residents know him. By all measures, we are good.

Good. Thanks for the great job.

Thank you sir.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
V2 Update 6 -

For Chee : -
Tonychat 100.00%
Legend 88.00%
Kuanti01 55.00%
Cosmos10 52.90%
Enterprise2 52.00%
CKMPD 51.3%
Patriot 51.20%
Wunderfool 51.00%
Yahoo55 50.80%
Raiders 50.40%
Charlie99 50.38%
Winnipegjet 50.01%

For Murali : -
JHolmesJR 98.20%
SDPhopeless 84.10%
SilentisGolden 80.00%
Sleaguepunter 74.78%
OverTheCounter 73.50%
Debonerman 73.30%
Streetcry 72.30%
Scroobal 71.05%
blueRAD 70.45%
McDonaldskid 70.01%
John Tan 69.90%
Zihau 69.69%
John Tan 69.00%
Kingrant 69.00%
CAB Commander 68.86%
TFBH: 68.50%
po2wq- 68.21%
Mojito 66.60%
GoldenDragon 65.58%
Chongpangchixwings 65.00%
Gigo88 64.00%
Zeddy 60.00%
Narong 60.00%
TeamDrifter 58.00%
Duluxe 55.01%
Kulgai 54.50%
The Hyprocrite 50.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
John Tan may turn out to be a chiobu or la mei. Then huat ah!

How dare you insult me! I am a handsome man and a respected grassroots leader.

Our keling kia candidate will beat Chee and make Chee his bitch!

During the traditional victory parade, I have suggested tying Chee to front of PAP van, just like in Mad Max.

mad-max-fury-road-1.jpg