• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swiss Ang Moh laughs at Singapore woman for giving money to her parents every month

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[Singapore] - Swiss guy looks down on Singaporean girl because she gives money every month to her aged parents. So ang mohs don't give money to their parents? They just leave their parents to die?

tinder-main.jpg

For full conversation between the ang moh and the Sg girl, see :
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...shes-her-parents-for-accepting-money-from-her

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Swiss Ang Moh laughs at Singapore woman for giving money to her parents every mon

It's true to a certain extent.
If parents need their kids money to get by then they are losers who failed to plan for themselves.
This is another uniquely silly Asian value.....
Ang mos kick their kids out after they turn 18 but here you get losers staying with their parents till 40 or those that married but still stay with parents.

Blame who? Blame pappies la.
For sinkies inability to buy their own houses and elders who got no money to retire on

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Swiss Ang Moh laughs at Singapore woman for giving money to her parents every mon

Yes, culture shock and value differences.
Since our forum boss sarpork ang mo and pappies, he ordy abandon his parents long ago.:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Yes, culture shock and value differences.
Since our forum boss sarpork ang mo and pappies, he ordy abandon his parents long ago.:biggrin:

My parents started life poor but ended up well off thanks to the PAP. They were never in need of any financial assistance. What they did need in their old age was companionship and I provided that in bucket loads.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Money is how asian generations express love for one another.it is their inability to express their love in any other way be it verbal or physical or emotionally.its like the ang moh song, "more than words,its all you have to do to make it real,then you wouldnt have to say,that you love me,cause I already know,just show me the money."

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Based on her type of mild reply to such rude comments this Sinkie woman is probably a SPG or very nearly there.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Normally asian values societies got no pension. That is why fillial son who can work and support them at old age is important.but daughters? They sell them at young age as prostitutes.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Angmoh parents collect money from gov and it's the taxpayers paying their parents.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My parents started life poor but ended up well off thanks to the PAP. They were never in need of any financial assistance. What they did need in their old age was companionship and I provided that in bucket loads.

Chch-Twin-No-Mix-buckets.jpg

so this is what you provide for your aged parents

jw5

Loyal

For every ang moh who is laughing at a sinkie woman for giving money to her parents, there are 3 ang mohs who are laughing at a sinkie woman for giving money to the ang moh. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The swiss ang moh comes from a superior culture.raising a bunch of kids and expecting them to give u income is obviously a poor peasant chink mentality.if u are successful and rich by your own merits do you need ur children to come and give u money?anyone can fuck and create a whole bunch of kids that itself is not an achievement nor does it entitle you to anything.ang mohs show their appreciation for their parents thru hugs and kisses and time spent with each other or buying them a classic antique car.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Money is how asian generations express love for one another.it is their inability to express their love in any other way be it verbal or physical or emotionally.its like the ang moh song, "more than words,its all you have to do to make it real,then you wouldnt have to say,that you love me,cause I already know,just show me the money."
could also be due to how asian parents pile on the guilt trip onto their children, saying how hard it was for them to bring home the bacon and put them through higher education etc etc - and cannot expect to only live on hugs, kisses, fresh air and sunshine. the scourge of having neighbours and relatives notice their parents having to 'keep fit' by collecting cardboard boxes, empty cans etc is also another 'face' factor to consider.

one ingenious way of averting this is giving money / allowance to have their kids looked after by the parents, cook meals during the week etc and voila, filial piety is then accomplished :wink:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Ang Moh culture, each generation is only responsible for the generation below, i.e. parents are only responsible for their children, not for their parents. This is a modern development that came about partly because of the welfare state.

In Asian cultures, every generation has to look after the generation above (their parents) and below (their children). The reasons are a combination of the lack of social welfare and the traditional emphasis placed on filial piety in Confucian societies.