• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Part II - The idiot who flew to India to return laptop

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/letter-did...ecurity-officer-who-did-not-follow-procedure/
LETTER: Did Changi Airport give award to security officer who did not follow procedure?
By The Independent - April 25, 2016 0 371
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

picture credit: ST
The following is a letter by our reader, Chatter Box.

I refer to The Straits Times article, ‘Going the extra mile to return lost items‘ published on 13 April 2016.

The article said that Mr Haresh Chandran flew to Trichy in India to return a laptop bag to a departed passenger. He allegedly paid for his own flight. For this, Mr Haresh Chandran was awarded the Gold for outstanding service staff of the year at the Changi Airport Group annual airport celebration.

Mr Haresh Chandran, a Certis Cisco Aviation Security Service operation executive, was handed the laptop bag by another airport staff. He found a telephone number in the bag and called. Obviously, he opened the bag and rummaged through the contents. However, there is a legal poser on this act.

Was it lawful for Mr Haresh Chandran to open the laptop bag rather than hand over the laptop bag intact to the Lost and Found Department? The incident raises great discomfort.

Changi Airport has procedures for handling of items found without ownership and lying unattended.

1) In the holding area of a departure flight:
Items found lying unattended and without ownership in the holding area of a departure flight must be handed over intact to the ground staff of the airline. From there, the airline would proceed to return the item to the rightful owner.

2) In open areas of airport:
Any item found lying around unattended in the airport must be handed over to the Information Counters or the Lost and Found Department. With a large item like the laptop bag, etc and for safety reasons, call the Airport Police. From there, the police would proceed with check and removal procedures.

As an executive of Certis Cisco Aviation Security Service, Mr Haresh Chandran should know the procedures. He might have done an unlawful act by opening the laptop bag rather than hand over the laptop bag intact to the Lost and Found Department or the Information Counter.

If so, by honoring him , Changi Airport Group would give a wrong message that any airport staff could open and rummage a bag etc found lying unattended without fear of wrongdoing.

The Lost and Found Department is there for a purpose, to receive, trace and return lost and found items to the rightful owners. It has proper documentation, and in cases of complaints it could find out the truth.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The owner must be some chiobu, famous celebrity or tycoon.....
Smelly ah neh must be expecting some reward for his extraordinary effort

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only under a Lee Hsien Loong government will a case like this ever happened. But then we have Desmond Kuek running SMRT.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If found similar to that what's-his-name laptop with many actresses photos in it, I think can fly first class to deliver it to him personally. I think it will be worth it for the owner and the delivery man, many times over.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly if someone give me a laptop bag I will open it as a security personnel. In case there is bomb or nude photos - like how Edison n Cecilia bushy twat see the day.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A silly letter. Of course must open up to see if it is bomb. Returning it personally is obviously a very suspicious thing for an airport staff to do unless traveller requested airport to make arrangements.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After reading the article by Independent, i have become convinced there is more to the story and someone up there screwed up royally by giving the award. This whole story smells very bad.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading the article by Independent, i have become convinced there is more to the story and someone up there screwed up royally by giving the award. This whole story smells very bad.

It could have been a bomb. His courage needs to be acknowledged and rewarded. Like policemen in an ambulance got medals for not agitating the crowd.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, I think we need to establish if Haresh Chandran is a Singapore citizen, new citizen or some Indian PR.

I suspect Haresh may have been acquainted with the owner of the laptop for some time and this whole episode was staged. Maybe the staff who recommended that Haresh be given the Outstanding Service Staff Award is also an Indian PR.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The letter writer has skimmed the surface of the issue. Why was this particular customer special to be given this special treatment. How did he figure out that this customer is special compared to hundreds of others who presumably have important things in their laptops as well.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happens if it is a bomb? Isnt there a public advisory to report any suspicious object lying around to the proper authorities in the airport? And shouldnt the right people be called in to assess?

On top of that, if it was actually a time bomb, the lives of hundreds can be lost carrying it on a plane.

Maybe this chap wanted a holiday which his boss has denied him for a long time.