• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reducing tap water flow to a trickle

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays the shopping centres toilet water taps water flow are reduced to a trickle. Making proper washing of hands with soap so difficult and cumbersome.

Must be smart alec mudlander like $8 cow who suggested such short sighted move like this, same as not training Spore doctors but hiring third world FT doctors.

Save pennies and so called water conservation but putting lazy people off from proper washing of hands will only lead to lower hygiene and more infection. Food workers not washing hands properly will only cause food poisoning.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is the smart alec who asked these public places to turn their water to a trickle? This is called saving water? At what risk of infection and disease transmission?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw I have one Msian Indian SPR colleague who did exactly this before. Promoted reducing water flow in office pantry as cost cutting initiative.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's necessary as drought is waging across south east asia and residents need to conserve water. i encourage sinkies to drink less and squeeze their genitals to reduce flow to a trickle so as to avoid flushing too often. where i am in a severe drought situation we don't flush until after 6.9 use of the toilet. the new color code is yellow is mellow and brown may be watered down.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's necessary as drought is waging across south east asia and residents need to conserve water. i encourage sinkies to drink less and squeeze their genitals to reduce flow to a trickle so as to avoid flushing too often. where i am in a severe drought situation we don't flush until after 6.9 use of the toilet. the new color code is yellow is mellow and brown may be watered down.

Is there a drought now in SEA? I thpught it has only been a week of very hot weather? But only in Spore the taps water flow are turned so low, the JB water taps are normal.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there a drought now in SEA? I thpught it has only been a week of very hot weather? But only in Spore the taps water flow are turned so low, the JB water taps are normal.

there's a relatively dry spell going on in s.e.a. even if there's less precipitation, sinkies cannot waste water and take it for granted as though it's free and endless from heaven. the gov needs to cut off water from sinkies for a day and teach all a lesson about conservative use of such a precious resource. thanks to the pap gov and the late lky for crafting such a brilliant strategy in providing water to all in sg.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's a relatively dry spell going on in s.e.a. even if there's less precipitation, sinkies cannot waste water and take it for granted as though it's free and endless from heaven. the gov needs to cut off water from sinkies for a day and teach all a lesson about conservative use of such a precious resource. thanks to the pap gov and the late lky for crafting such a brilliant strategy in providing water to all in sg.

If don't have enough water in spore, then don't bring in so many people! This recent trip strikes me how uncrowded Japan is. So pleasant to be in a nice and uncrowded environment with polite people.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If don't have enough water in spore, then don't bring in so many people! This recent trip strikes me how uncrowded Japan is. So pleasant to be in a nice and uncrowded environment with polite people.

sinkies are toxic and acidic. they and their waste water need to be balanced by alkaline imports. they all contribute greatly to balanced waste water products that are recycled for consumption. without foreigners' alkaline contribution to the water table, sinkies will be dead long ago from an acidic lifestyle.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies are toxic and acidic. they and their waste water need to be balanced by alkaline imports. they all contribute greatly to balanced waste water products that are recycled for consumption. without foreigners' alkaline contribution to the water table, sinkies will be dead long ago from an acidic lifestyle.

Is stating the truth equal to toxic and acidic? It is easy to get people to keep quiet and not question this abnormal turning of water tap flow into a trickle using the high moral ground of water conservation. The truth is there should be an optimum number of people for available water. And not other way round to squeeze water usage into a trickle so as to accommodate more people.

You can google improper washing of hands can lead to many infections and disease and a water flow that is in a trickle certainly cannot do a proper job for washing unless this person is patient enough to slowly wash. And there are many lazy or busy people who will not do that.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only that my new starhub 4g internet is being throttled and bittorent downloads are being slowed to a trickle,sonofabitch,is singapore trying to deprive us of subsistence of life?is there anyway i can open the floodgates of immortan joe's mouth chambers and let the torrents of water droplets from the heavens wash the sins and suffering and resentment of our weary bones away?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is TS referring to infra ray tap or the press tap ? Both are automatic, one more automatic than the other.

The press tap in public toilets is the most unhygienic invention. You do your business in the toilet and wipe your ass with tissue. Next, with your palm and fingers full of bacteria, you press the tap and wash your hands. Your hands are clean but not the tap. Pity the next person who presses the tap.

The infra ray tap would have stood as a better invention but for, like what TS is saying, the miserly trickle of water. It takes "years" to gather a handful of water just to rinse your mouth.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is TS referring to infra ray tap or the press tap ? Both are automatic, one more automatic than the other.

The press tap in public toilets is the most unhygienic invention. You do your business in the toilet and wipe your ass with tissue. Next, with your palm and fingers full of bacteria, you press the tap and wash your hands. Your hands are clean but not the tap. Pity the next person who presses the tap.

The infra ray tap would have stood as a better invention but for, like what TS is saying, the miserly trickle of water. It takes "years" to gather a handful of water just to rinse your mouth.

I am referring to auto sensor tap. All the newer shopping centres are fitted with auto tap, many old shopping centres also upgraded with such taps. But I mostly come across auto sensor taps. Yes the water trickle is so miserly it takes very long to wash off soap properly. I never see any other countries did this or is doing this on a permanent basis.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only that my new starhub 4g internet is being throttled and bittorent downloads are being slowed to a trickle,sonofabitch,is singapore trying to deprive us of subsistence of life?is there anyway i can open the floodgates of immortan joe's mouth chambers and let the torrents of water droplets from the heavens wash the sins and suffering and resentment of our weary bones away?

Internet bandwidth is also throttled down? Lol. Looks like Spore is not progressing but regressing.

jw5

Loyal
I am referring to auto sensor tap. All the newer shopping centres are fitted with auto tap, many old shopping centres also upgraded with such taps. But I mostly come across auto sensor taps. Yes the water trickle is so miserly it takes very long to wash off soap properly. I never see any other countries did this or is doing this on a permanent basis.

Very long to wash off soap properly means more water used also. And sometimes more water wasted as we try to find a tap that has a larger stream. In the end, they still end up spending more on water. :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very long to wash off soap properly means more water used also. And sometimes more water wasted as we try to find a tap that has a larger stream. In the end, they still end up spending more on water. :wink:

Yes it doesn't save water at all, only reduce the hygiene level. Wait till a highly infectious disease hit the town and with such ineffective washing of hands, we can be assured the infection will spread far and wide. Afterall didn't the nurses or staff at SGH also can't wash hands or trolley properly, resulting in infection and death of those patients, what more ordinary people who are less aware of importance of proper washing of hands than nurses or staff working at hospital.

LulzSec

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is self sufficient. New water is safe to drink. The good thing is that consumers don't get to see how shit water is process to make it clean and drinkable.