• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3 Govt Depts took 5 weeks to close down 1 bakery for food poisoning of 76 people

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds familiar. First case of poisoning reported on 15 March and after 75 more cases of poisoning and a month and a week later they finally closed the bakery on 21st April. Government depts involved are MOH, NEA and AVA.

Some interesting points
- 76 cases of poisoning
- all ate Durian pastries
- other food outlets that bought the durian pulp from the same supplier did not have any food poisoning case
- food poisoning cases started from March 15 and continued till April 16

Some questions to be asked
- why after the few cases of poisoning from the same outlet did the authorities did not stop the bakery
- why did the Hotel management continue operating the bakery despite continuous reporting of food poisoning
- why are 3 government agencies involved? Is there are a need for coordinating minister to be put in place at the next cabinet reshuffle
- do the policies require a death to occur before a bakery is stopped or is there a number threshold before a closure can be ordered
- why are the press not asking the right questions
- will there be inquiry why it took 76 cases and 5 weeks to act to prevent further cases.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ter-several-food-poisoning-incidents-reported
Goodwood Park Hotel bakery suspended following several food poisoning cases

The New Paper

They might be famous for their durian pastries but these treats are reportedly the cause of not one, but 76 food poisoning cases at Goodwood Park Hotel's bakery as of Thursday (Apr 21).

The National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday (April 22) in a joint statement with the Ministry of Health (MOH), and Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) that it has suspended the licence of Goodwood Park Hotel's bakery.

It also ordered the hotel to cease the production, sale and distribution of all pastries that are prepared by its bakery and to dispose of all pastries prepared there with immediate effect, until further notice.

Investigations into the alleged food poisoning incidents that happened between March 15 and April 16 this year are ongoing.

These incidents traced to the consumption of durian pastries prepared at Goodwood Park Hotel, located at 22 Scotts Road.

NEA has also required the hotel to clean and sanitise the bakery, including equipment, utensils, work surfaces and toilets, and review and rectify the lapses in food preparation processes identified during the joint inspections.

MOH had initiated investigations when the first food poisoning incident was notified on March 15. The next day, NEA inspected the bakery's premises.

After the second incident was reported, MOH stepped up investigations and inspected the bakery's premises of Goodwood Park Hotel on April 4.

Subsequently on April 13, the three agencies conducted joint investigations at Goodwood Park Hotel when more incidents linked to their durian pastries were reported.

MOH's investigations found that the consumption of the hotel's durian pastries was the "only common epidemiological link".

Some lapses in food handling were also found at the durian pastry kitchen of the hotel's bakery.

However, the premises was found to be clean with proper housekeeping and refuse management with no signs of pest activity and hygiene lapse, said the government agencies.

AVA has conducted checks at Goodwood Park Hotel's food ingredients suppliers, including their durian pulp supplier. No food safety lapses have been found at the suppliers' establishments so far.

There were also no other complaints of food poisoning from other establishments that used the durian pulp from the same supplier as Goodwood Park Hotel's.

MOH has collected stool samples from those affected and from food handlers, who have been sent for screening. Only those who are certified medically fit will be allowed to resume work after medical clearance by MOH, when the bakery is allowed to resume operations.

All food handlers working in the bakery are also required to re-attend and pass the Basic Food Hygiene Course, before they can resume work as food handlers.

MOH and NEA are monitoring the situation closely, said the statement.

NEA added that it will take the necessary enforcement actions if any hygiene infringements are found.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...oning-incidents-reported#sthash.nt1ZFDxF.dpuf

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, you can explain this type of case easily.

1. This is company owned by PAP under GLC?

2. Are the directors of the company PAP porlumpar king holding CCC, RCC titleship in PA?

What else for the delay, wayang only?

you scratch my back I scratch yours.

Sounds familiar. First case of poisoning reported on 15 March and after 75 more cases of poisoning and a month and a week later they finally closed the bakery on 21st April. Government depts involved are MOH, NEA and AVA.

Some interesting points
- 76 cases of poisoning
- all ate Durian pastries
- other food outlets that bought the durian pulp from the same supplier did not have any food poisoning case
- food poisoning cases started from March 15 and continued till April 16

Some questions to be asked
- why after the few cases of poisoning from the same outlet did the authorities did not stop the bakery
- why did the Hotel management continue operating the bakery despite continuous reporting of food poisoning
- why are 3 government agencies involved? Is there are a need for coordinating minister to be put in place at the next cabinet reshuffle
- do the policies require a death to occur before a bakery is stopped or is there a number threshold before a closure can be ordered
- why are the press not asking the right questions
- will there be inquiry why it took 76 cases and 5 weeks to act to prevent further cases.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ter-several-food-poisoning-incidents-reported

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They did not inspect the durians & the durian trees??? the FT working there must have come from countries which has a high dysentry risk...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who's interested in doing dese tings? ... juz let it solf by itself la ...

even wen u collect million $ salary n pay oni $8 4 a hart u noe u shud oni do tings which r inside ur kpi, finish oredi oso can boast, can craim credit 4 success ...

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did not inspect the durians & the durian trees??? the FT working there must have come from countries which has a high dysentry risk...

Recently I had lunch at the Japanese restaurant at Goodwood Park Hotel.

Parked my car at the back parking lots and had to walk through the bakery & coffeehouse and I noticed many PRC staffs and I felt rather put-off by them!

Thank God I did not buy their durian pastries and I shall never ever buy their pastries again.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. Are the directors of the company PAP porlumpar king holding CCC, RCC titleship in PA?

by logic, it should take 38 man years to find out the problem, the fact that they only take 5 weeks to find out itself is a miracle. imagine that if it take another 1 more week and 100 victims later, they would have declared a milestone in food poisoning checks pat each others back and give themselves a raise.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eight deaths due hepatitis over coupla months was what it took to have code red alert at sgh.
of the 76 cases, perhaps ah ching and pinkie had dysentery in the middle east and whispered in kfc's ear to look into this first and then proclaim polling day :confused:

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disgraceful that it happened.......even more disgraceful that it took so long before they took action.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This entire thing is beyond sad. Wealth and power supersedes the welfare of the people. The new Singapore. This was not the country Goh Keng Swee and Rajaratnam had in mind. The government's motto is " money no enough". Nothing wrong with more money yeah ? One wonders how beholden the government is to these people.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently I had lunch at the Japanese restaurant at Goodwood Park Hotel.

Parked my car at the back parking lots and had to walk through the bakery & coffeehouse and I noticed many PRC staffs and I felt rather put-off by them!

Thank God I did not buy their durian pastries and I shall never ever buy their pastries again.

Their pastries are good there, though I have never tried the durian whatever, for I have an "ang moh" sense of smell, I am put off by the smell of durians, especially in an air-conditioned environment, I go bonkers. Not that "rich" to dine at Goodwood Park....only go when invited...

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
the khoos' are no bengs or sengs in s'pore. if other bakery, shutdown in 24 hrs. they had to give face.

The late Tan Sri Khoo Teck Puat was LKY enemy no 1.

Over the Bank of Brunei saga, KTP had to run away to seek refuge in Australia and UK for 7 years when Sultan Bolkiah called LKY to intervene.

During KTP's exile his people managed to sell his Southern & Pacific Group Ltd which owned a few hundred hotels (Travel Lodge) in Aust, NZ and the Pacific islands.

The sale netted him $450m which he used to settle with Bolkiah.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The late Tan Sri Khoo Teck Puat was LKY enemy no 1.

Over the Bank of Brunei saga, KTP had to run away to seek refuge in Australia and UK for 7 years when Sultan Bolkiah called LKY to intervene.

During KTP's exile his people managed to sell his Southern & Pacific Group Ltd which owned a few hundred hotels (Travel Lodge) in Aust, NZ and the Pacific islands.

The sale netted him $450m which he used to settle with Bolkiah.

He was the one, "knight" who thwarted the sale of SCB to some people......& now a hospital is named after him....some "enemy" they have?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goodwood Park is not a GLC but there are strong ties to the establishment. LHL's favourite hotel when he and the family are in London is Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington. It is the sister hotel of Goodwood Park. It is run by Jennifer Khoo who is the daughter of the late Khoo Teck Puat and younger sister of Mavis Khoo-Oei who is the Chairman of the company. Mavis and her sister Elizabeth when their late father died sold Standard Chartered Bank to Ho Ching in Temasek. It never went to the open market as the Govt had the sister over a barrel due to the Father's business shenanigans. Side issue - after Temasek took over as the largest single shareholder, SCB is in intensive care, still on life support.

My guess is that lower lights of the upper echelons decided that they had to help the PM and screwed this up. When they had 2nd and subsequent cases, they should have immediately sent all the staff for testing when the kitchen examination failed to find he cause.

Compare this case to the food poisoning that occurred in Prima Deli in 2007. It was first reported to the authorities on 23 Nov. By Dec 4, order was given to shut down 39 retail outlets and their factory in Keppel. Staff testing began within the first week of reporting. Total of 8 staff were found to carry the Salmonella bacteria. Also within the first week they identified the bacteria as Salmonella and this was mentioned in the press at that time.

Note on this case after 5 weeks, and 76 cases, not mention of the bacteria. Only talk about Durian pastries. Clearly the Press here is also playing ball. It is a blood disgrace.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was the one, "knight" who thwarted the sale of SCB to some people......& now a hospital is named after him....some "enemy" they have?

SCB and KTPH were over another matter.... a multi-million Dollars land deal involving one of KTP's public company.

BTW Whore Jinz has met her karma over the forced sale of SCB by KTP to Temasek.

At SCB's current price Temasek is holding a few billions of Dollars of paper loss.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the Prima Deli case where faecal matter was also found and it involved PRC staff, I lost faith in the system.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That woman can turn anything given to her into rubbish. Khoo bought the SCB stake for US$300m turned it into US$2.7B when our Dhanabalan identified talent Ho Ching took over. The word that comes to mind is malfeasance.

SCB and KTPH were over another matter.... a multi-million Dollars land deal involving one of KTP's public company.

BTW Whore Jinz has met her karma over the forced sale of SCB by KTP to Temasek.

At SCB's current price Temasek is holding a few billions of Dollars of paper loss.