• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just heard from a friend today that she has been retrenched

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad that Singaporeans in their forties with family and children have to go through this. Who dare to have family and children like that?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why income inequality is good for economic growth. Now we just have to wait for the middle class to devolve or fuck off elsewhere. :cool:

How to fuck off when their children need to study? Overseas studies not cheap anywhere for non locals.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why must vote for CSJ!

He will Cowpeh cowbus in Parliament until we all get unemployment benefits!! We hope!! :-)

Angmos countries already have this.

Can shake lumpars and take easy slowly find your next job.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i said liao..............next year they'll say................over 37,000 workers retrenched..............only 100 are FTs...........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to fuck off when their children need to study? Overseas studies not cheap anywhere for non locals.

If you can get a PR in Canada, the kids can attend public schools for free. This includes free text books. If the parents manage to make $ they can choose to send their kids to a private school. Unlike in Spore, the parents there have the choice.

They can attend a Canadian University for free because there are many, many, ... scholarships available to Canadians. You'd be surprised by the requirements e.g. females who are christians, guys who can play football, ..etc While I was talking to a Korean cleaning lady at a hotel she proudly told me how her son got a scholarship to study music in the US. This would never happen in Spore.

These scholarships were created by normal Canadians who had $$$ but no children. Some also did not want to leave the inheritance to their kids.:biggrin:

When I was there I worked part-time to earn some $ for my education. Many Canadian work during the summer breaks & while working they can network & get on job training. I knew some who got jobs as programmers at a nuclear plant. That is a useful skill to include in your resume:smile:

Not all Canadian kids are interested in going to the Uni because they can get a job without a degree. If they feel like they need a skill, it would be easier to attend a 2 year vocational institute. Don't forget that a blue collar worker can make the same or more than a white collar in Canada e.g. car mechanic, plumber,..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why must vote for CSJ!

He will Cowpeh cowbus in Parliament until we all get unemployment benefits!! We hope!! :-)

Angmos countries already have this.

Can shake lumpars and take easy slowly find your next job.

I think CSJ in parliament will do alot more than asking for unemployment benefits. If he has been there in the past, he would have questioned on many issues like not training Spore doctors but hiring third world FT doctors, medishield life crap etc.

Btw it is a coincidence that I heard from my friend today that she has been retrenched, nothing to do with CSJ election. And please speak for yourself only on unemployment benefits, not we all hope we all get unemployment benefits. I don't need it and not hoping to get.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who did your friend vote for? :o

Seriously, I do not know. We were part of a group of close hostel mates in university but we all lost contact over the years. Everyone was busy with work and own life. Thanks to Facebook and WhatsApp, our group has been reunited and reconnected again. So I really don't know whom my friend has been voting all these years.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can get a PR in Canada, the kids can attend public schools for free. This includes free text books. If the parents manage to make $ they can choose to send their kids to a private school. Unlike in Spore, the parents there have the choice.

They can attend a Canadian University for free because there are many, many, ... scholarships available to Canadians. You'd be surprised by the requirements e.g. females who are christians, guys who can play football, ..etc While I was talking to a Korean cleaning lady at a hotel she proudly told me how her son got a scholarship to study music in the US. This would never happen in Spore.

These scholarships were created by normal Canadians who had $$$ but no children. Some also did not want to leave the inheritance to their kids.:biggrin:

When I was there I worked part-time to earn some $ for my education. Many Canadian work during the summer breaks & while working they can network & get on job training. I knew some who got jobs as programmers at a nuclear plant. That is a useful skill to include in your resume:smile:

Not all Canadian kids are interested in going to the Uni because they can get a job without a degree. If they feel like they need a skill, it would be easier to attend a 2 year vocational institute. Don't forget that a blue collar worker can make the same or more than a white collar in Canada e.g. car mechanic, plumber,..

Sounds like a good idea. I will tell my friend about all these easily available Canada university scholarships. In Spore, getting a scholarship for local is not so easy. I recall during my time, the govt scholarships all need to take S or Special papers at A level - not one but two S papers some more. Only those company type of scholarship can get without S papers. To think foreigners in Spore with not just no S papers but B grade can get govt scholarships with all expense paid and generous allowance is a joke.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It cannot be true because PAP says foreigners are the ones getting the pink slip. Tell your friend to report to work on Monday. If the boss question, she can tell him that the PAP states that foreigners are the ones to get retrenched, not sinkees.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only the very rich and the very poor can have big families.

ya right, they tend to be exceptionally big, big eater, big butts, you name it

75c33263154bb9ddbddd8c761f970f40d069e2ac_m.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend has two teenage children and that's already high cost in Spore and much worrying without a job.

Teenage daughters so they can work part time if they really want to help family. In a few tears time, they will be independent adults.