• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Morally deplorable to ask old people to sell flats to fund medical needs

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, Chris Kuan's 89 yr old father asked for a medical subsidy but was told by PAP to sell his flat instead .....

http://theindependent.sg/morally-deplorable-to-ask-old-people-to-sell-flats-to-fund-medical-needs/

By The Independent - April 22, 2016

Republished from Chris Kuan’s Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/chris.kuan.94/posts/473112286212198?pnref=story

My father is 89, my mum 84. My dad spends $300 a month on his medication and has been in and out of hospital every 6 months or so. My brother and I support them and I top up their Medisave whenever depleted. I can well afford it. My brother much less so.

But recently my dad took it upon himself not to burden my brother and me and asked for medical subsidy. He was told in no uncertain terms to sell his HDB flat and downgrade to 1 bedroom place.

If my brother and I had been unable to support our parents, our old folks at their age will have to move home and away from friends and neighbours of 40 years. Imagine what it will do to them!

Those who are not well off will find their CPF retirement funds and medisave depleted in a similar situation leaving them in the same situation as their parents. An old woman had taken her own life to unburden her children.

Do remember this government has taken away vast sums of monies through high real estate prices and excess returns on investing CPF monies. They call it fiscal sustainability. I call it a morally deplorable approach to governing.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
VB will ask him squat one corner of restaurant to hv his 3 meals. Who did he vote for?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if the PAP govt is morally deplorable, what do you make of the 70% that supports them-morally reprehensible or maybe immoral?

Lets see what the residents of BB think of this.

If the PAP wins, any resident of BB should sell their HDB flat if they cannot make ends meet-before approaching the govt for help.
In fact BB residents asking for govt financial assistance should be asked to fill up a form asking them to explain why they have not sold their flats -as their vote for PAP means they support this downgrading policy.

Residents who did not vote PAP ?- should consider moving to Aljuneid, Hougang ect2.There are many Pinoys, PRC's and Indian Nationals waiting to take over their flats, jobs, children places in schools ect2.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is truly despicable. I have spoken to Malaysian retirees who are living in Singapore as dependents of this children who are working here. They go back to collect their medications from Malaysian govt clinics and pay about $15 for drugs that would cost about $300 in Singapore.

After age 80, they still want to suck the poor sick guy. What exactly are we talking about when we have various ministries that have social remit in their role.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im sick and tired of hearing these stories of woe and regret,have sinkies not heard of the phrase "singaporeans get the government they deserve"?u cast your vote now pls stfu.

the government is not reprehensible or anything,they are merely a set of consequences of the choices u made over a lifetime or multiple lifetimes,u are not here to make a choice,u have already made the choice,now its time to understand why?

Last edited:

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have a Merc I must sell my car instead of getting my medical subsidy?

Like that how? Must squeeze with my fellow Singaporeans and foreigners in the trains every morning?

Cannot lah! This is so degrading!!!

It's inhumane! It's morally wrong!!

Angmos countries won't do such things.

Only cheapskates loaded selfish Asian garmens will do such things.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is truly despicable. I have spoken to Malaysian retirees who are living in Singapore as dependents of this children who are working here. They go back to collect their medications from Malaysian govt clinics and pay about $15 for drugs that would cost about $300 in Singapore.

After age 80, they still want to suck the poor sick guy. What exactly are we talking about when we have various ministries that have social remit in their role.

halo ah ni kwan gung buay gum lah tau pio pap singapo ho jiu hu kia si boh

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

And these are the Malaysians who complained about their govt all the time.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morally deplorable? This is consistent with old people doing menial work to survive.

Wow, Chris Kuan's 89 yr old father asked for a medical subsidy but was told by PAP to sell his flat instead .....

http://theindependent.sg/morally-deplorable-to-ask-old-people-to-sell-flats-to-fund-medical-needs/

By The Independent - April 22, 2016

Republished from Chris Kuan’s Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/chris.kuan.94/posts/473112286212198?pnref=story

My father is 89, my mum 84. My dad spends $300 a month on his medication and has been in and out of hospital every 6 months or so. My brother and I support them and I top up their Medisave whenever depleted. I can well afford it. My brother much less so.

But recently my dad took it upon himself not to burden my brother and me and asked for medical subsidy. He was told in no uncertain terms to sell his HDB flat and downgrade to 1 bedroom place.

If my brother and I had been unable to support our parents, our old folks at their age will have to move home and away from friends and neighbours of 40 years. Imagine what it will do to them!

Those who are not well off will find their CPF retirement funds and medisave depleted in a similar situation leaving them in the same situation as their parents. An old woman had taken her own life to unburden her children.

Do remember this government has taken away vast sums of monies through high real estate prices and excess returns on investing CPF monies. They call it fiscal sustainability. I call it a morally deplorable approach to governing.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bugger is lucky fap havent ask them to top up with organ selling to achieve much needed minimum sum.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can it be? We got Medisave, Medishield, Pioneer Package. Governmemt so good how come cannot pay for medicine? Must be fabricated lies. Lies!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If LKY was broke & needed medical treatment I'm certain he would have no qualms about selling the Istana :biggrin:

Does anyone know who owns the Isatana:confused:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your dad is sickly because he hadn't heard of the PAP cardboard exercise routine. Please introduce your mum and dad to this exercise routine and practise it daily. A cardboard exercise routine a day keeps the doctor away.

cardboard-collector2.jpeg

Look at how healthy this old grandma is!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VB will ask him squat one corner of restaurant to hv his 3 meals. Who did he vote for?

VB will ask him, where he want to squat....why all these complain after the election?...& when election they voted the same people who are screwing them now....amazing? or are they masochist?.....just enjoy the pain & suffering???

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 70 % have approved and accepted the MIW.
Why complain now ? No use.Sinkees got farking stupid brain.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 70 % have approved and accepted the MIW.
Why complain now ? No use.Sinkees got farking stupid brain.

Quick, get the W.H.O., to investigate the massive outbreak of , PAPpynothinkerus virus here, the 70% are infected by it & infection last a life time....:rolleyes:

Pisukesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahahahaha... 70% like it so much that it is okay for them to get left right up down centre everyday, now who is the master and servant? weird isn't it!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LKY was broke & needed medical treatment I'm certain he would have no qualms about selling the Istana :biggrin:

Does anyone know who owns the Isatana:confused:

and pinky would have chipped in to sell backside just to put 3 meals on the restaurant table