• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sell in May and go away.........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Johnny, so where are you traveling to?
Make sure you sell in May, then go away, else wait come back, find its in the red.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm going for Thai food. Reading Joety's column has made me hungry :smile:

I'm a long term investor. If I buy shares it is for the long term i.e. years.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun worry too much, "sell in may and go away" is just a myth.

oil will be trending until june 2nd when OPEC has its meeting again. if this happen, shares will be going up one day, and going down the other and up again after....

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Billionaire investor George Soros said China’s debt-fueled economy resembles the U.S. in 2007-08, before credit markets seized up and spurred a global recession.

China’s March credit-growth figures should be viewed as a warning sign, Soros said at an Asia Society event in New York on Wednesday. The broadest measure of new credit in the world’s second-biggest economy was 2.34 trillion yuan ($362 billion) last month, far exceeding the median forecast of 1.4 trillion yuan in a Bloomberg survey and signaling the government is prioritizing growth over reining in debt.

What’s happening in China "eerily resembles what happened during the financial crisis in the U.S. in 2007-08, which was similarly fueled by credit growth," Soros said. "Most of the money that banks are supplying is needed to keep bad debts and loss-making enterprises alive."

Soros, who built a $24 billion fortune through savvy wagers on markets, has recently been involved in a war of words with the Chinese government. He said at the World Economic Forum in Davos in January that he’s been betting against Asian currencies because a hard landing in China is “practically unavoidable.” China’s state-run Xinhua news agency rebutted his assertion in an editorial, saying that he has made the same prediction several times in the past.

Soros said China’s banking system has more loans than deposits and has “troubles on the assets side but also increasingly troubles on the liabilities side.”

“Other banks have to lend to each other and that’s an additional source of uncertainty and instability,” he said. “The problem has been deferred and it can be deferred for another year or two but its growing, and growing at an exponential rate.”

China’s economy gathered pace in March as the surge in new credit helped the property sector rebound. Housing values in first-tier cities have soared, with new-home prices in Shenzhen rising 62 percent in a year. While China’s real estate is in a bubble, it may be able to “feed itself for some time,” similar to the U.S. in 2005 and 2006, Soros said.

‘Parabolic Cycle’

“It can reach a turning point later than everyone expects,” he said. “Most of the damage occurred in later years. It’s a parabolic cycle."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-debt-fueled-economy-resembles-u-s-in-2007-08

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... oil will be trending until june 2nd when OPEC has its meeting again. if this happen, shares will be going up one day, and going down the other and up again after....
u covered ur shots in oil? ...

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm going for Thai food. Reading Joety's column has made me hungry :smile:

I'm a long term investor. If I buy shares it is for the long term i.e. years.

Ah yes, Thailand.....reminds me of my younger days when traveling to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, pattaya and Phuket for holidays with limited budget. There wasn't budget carriers then, a good twenty years ago........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah yes, Thailand.....reminds me of my younger days when traveling to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, pattaya and Phuket for holidays with limited budget. There wasn't budget carriers then, a good twenty years ago........

Back when there were no discount carriers I would take longer holidays in LOS, to make the trip worth while. At least 1 week per visit.

Lots of changes since then. For me the biggest improvement is the MRT system. Used to be a pain to get around the place using only the taxis especially during the peak hours when jams were common.

Now when I fly in, I just take the MRT to the city. it's convenient & fast. Also use the trains to get around town.

As I get older, I find it harder to get around because I'm not as fit as when I was younger :o It is going to be tough for the old in Spore because cars are so expensive. That is why I'll probably move there. Can easily afford a car or/and motor cycle,... It would make life much easier.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
closed my position at noon on monday cos US hours, i Zzzzzz....

sibei satki,if i got 10k usd to invest,can tell me how to attain 8 percent returns?should i dump it all into oil?the oil etfs i bought in january are both up about 30 percent.if oil recover to $60 this year,i will long jong huat ah!!!!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sibei satki,if i got 10k usd to invest,can tell me how to attain 8 percent returns?should i dump it all into oil?the oil etfs i bought in january are both up about 30 percent.if oil recover to $60 this year,i will long jong huat ah!!!!

it is not impossible that oil will hit $60 but i suspect it will take a while longer. because if USD surge this year, chances are higher that oil price will depreciate.