• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BB By Elections - The press doing the bidding of the PAP?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/letter-pap...a-to-demonise-chee-and-paint-murali-as-angel/
LETTER: PAP will use Chinese media to demonise Chee and paint Murali as angel
By The Independent - April 21, 2016 0 7
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

The following is a letter by a reader, Walter W.

I saw the videos on the carnival Murali Pillai co-organised with his grassroots for lower-income families in Bukit Batok. Compared to the more factual video report carried by the local English TV channels, the video coverage of Channel 8 goes out of the way to show Murali in a more positive light. The video shows people dancing, singing, smiling, carrying lots of goodies, Murali listening, people talking to him, etc – all that in about 1 minute.

When I saw the videos, I was reminded also about what Chee Soon Juan said in his Facebook, that Wanbao had portrayed him in a less than favourable manner just by their choice of pictures of the two candidates who will be contesting in the constituency.

Both the Channel 8’s video as well as the Wanbao report made me wonder if the PAP has instructed the Chinese media especially to demonise Chee and to paint Murali as an angel. We all know that the PAP (People’s Action Party) controls the only two media companies SPH and Mediacorp, and that they are very paranoid that the Chinese voters will vote for a Chinese candidate.

I suspect that the PAP will use whatever power they have at their disposal to have an unfair advantage over Chee and the SDP (Singapore Democratic Party). I hope the voters in Bukit Batok will not be blind to this and vote with their heart without fear.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about what going on inside newspaper but I take leaf from what happen in TV.

The head of news from channel 8 was formerly from PMO who came in 3 years ago. Not only is he in charge of news, but he also give instructions on drama on those scenes that carry a subtle political message and how to present it to the viewers.

The last I heard from a finance department source, he is still on govt payroll and not mediacorps. I suppose there are also such person within sph.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A resounding win to prove that even if a PAP MP turned out to be a pedophile and get caught, voters will still accept only another PAP candidate. Leadership with the ability to run a country can only come solely from the PAP. As long as any Opposition evolving potential is cut down before it can mature. That's Singapore. Live with it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely came from Janadas Devan's Communication Team within PMO. Cheong Yip Seng in his book OB Markers mentioned that he was called up and grilled about SPH writers panning the quality of Chinese drama serials and to stop. Apparently it was a conduit for passing on the right values. And values here are ones that establishment deems fit. I am not surprised by the secondment.

In the Communist Countries, the role is called a Commissar.

I don't know about what going on inside newspaper but I take leaf from what happen in TV.

The head of news from channel 8 was formerly from PMO who came in 3 years ago. Not only is he in charge of news, but he also give instructions on drama on those scenes that carry a subtle political message and how to present it to the viewers.

The last I heard from a finance department source, he is still on govt payroll and not mediacorps. I suppose there are also such person within sph.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever it is csj cmi if he stick to his guns on lofty ideas. He needs to b down to earth to knock door. Be at childcare meeting parents b at kopishops hawker centers markets b seen b heard no hiding ulu places doing rt n bbq. n scorch earth on hard hitting issues like imminent job losses. Increasing medical bills. To reverse what fap claimed. To instir uncertainties under fap. The fear of failure ie lose jobs.

Lofty ideas like sending in opp to fight fap in Parliament does not work. Bread n butter issue does hirt.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely came from Janadas Devan's Communication Team within PMO. Cheong Yip Seng in his book OB Markers mentioned that he was called up and grilled about SPH writers panning the quality of Chinese drama serials and to stop. Apparently it was a conduit for passing on the right values. And values here are ones that establishment deems fit. I am not surprised by the secondment.

In the Communist Countries, the role is called a Commissar.

When I looked into one of the undrafted scripts of a high budget drama(commissioned by govt), it was full of hard sell propagandas with never ending mention of PAP. This fellow put a halt to it knowing such approach won't go down well with the public. As a result, 'pap' was removed from the scripts and most hard sell propaganda had been repackaged into subtle govt messages that doesn't appear like propaganda (it still is)

Other than this, other gimmick pap had tried was the live telecast of parliamentary debate. They asked the translator to make opposition mp sound very tired, disinteresting while it the opposite for pap mp. This was from an editor source.

Last edited:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever it is csj cmi if he stick to his guns on lofty ideas. He needs to b down to earth to knock door. Be at childcare meeting parents b at kopishops hawker centers markets b seen b heard no hiding ulu places doing rt n bbq. n scorch earth on hard hitting issues like imminent job losses. Increasing medical bills. To reverse what fap claimed. To instir uncertainties under fap. The fear of failure ie lose jobs.

Lofty ideas like sending in opp to fight fap in Parliament does not work. Bread n butter issue does hirt.

Aiyo, bro, I assume you do not have a FB account, am I right? :smile:

If you have a FB account, go to the SDP official FB page and Chee Soon Juan personal FB page, you will see tons and tons of pictures showing CSJ and Team SDP doing exactly all the things you just mentioned in your comment, on a daily basis - EVERY DAY for the last six weeks since 12 Mar 2016.

Please let me know if you cannot view the pictures because you do not have or you do not wish to have a fb account, I can help by posting the pictures in SBF.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont have FB account.. I'm locked out... muahahaha. oh fark FB. thy refuse to let me get it back.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont have FB account.. I'm locked out... muahahaha. oh fark FB. thy refuse to let me get it back.

Thanks for telling me. :smile:

I will create a new picture thread for the SDP BB Campaign. However, I will have to put the new thread in the SBF Political Folder because the threads in the Courtyard move too fast and it would be difficult for you to look for it. Also, the pictures can be quite big, and some brothers in the Courtyard may not like the thread to be too image-heavy. I hope you do not mind going over to the Political folder to view the pictures. There are a lot of pictures and I will post them in batches, a few at a time.

I think Boss Sam will be happy with the new thread because I know he has been trying to revive the readership of the Political folder which has been somewhat quiet since the last GE 2015 ended eight months ago.

I am a bit busy today. So, I will create the new thread tomorrow. :smile:

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The press has the patriotic duty to help the government develop Singapore into a prosperous and stable society. Only a disloyal press would help support Chee and his hare-brained schemes.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo, bro, I assume you do not have a FB account, am I right? :smile:

If you have a FB account, go to the SDP official FB page and Chee Soon Juan personal FB page, you will see tons and tons of pictures showing CSJ and Team SDP doing exactly all the things you just mentioned in your comment, on a daily basis - EVERY DAY for the last six weeks since 12 Mar 2016.

Please let me know if you cannot view the pictures because you do not have or you do not wish to have a fb account, I can help by posting the pictures in SBF.

Please post it regardless whether or not he has a facebook account.
Also it may help to enhance CSJ's image.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CSJ needs to show the people of Bukit Batok how the PAP has screwed them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The press has the patriotic duty to help the government develop Singapore into a prosperous and stable society. Only a disloyal press would help support Chee and his hare-brained schemes.

The press has the role of enlightening the people, not be a parrot for the government. Please wake up your ideas.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ needs to show the people of Bukit Batok how the PAP has screwed them.
No. He needs to tell them things more endearing to them. Amplify that unease n uncertainty that fap will not help them just like the recent childcare incident. The sgh incident. The rats incident.They will b left on thei own to fend for themselves their jobs n their cpf.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Janadas Devan left the civil service to join the Civil Service he was in Ministry of Information and was not a DS. With a short while, he was transferred to PMO, made a DS and has a large team. If you recall he was caught out by TOC for ghost writing the response for Dr Teo Ho Ping, the MP and Mayor over the AIM scandal where the software belonging to the Town Council was sold to 3 ex PAP MPs.

Really sad to see he has taken over his father's traits of double dealing, black ops and being devious. Obviously the PM like his father knew the value of this family. If you also recall, old man during the Viswas Sadasivam pledge controversy, said in parliament about the Malayalees and their traits. I thought ti was over the top but this son of Devan makes it all come back.

When I looked into one of the undrafted scripts of a high budget drama(commissioned by govt), it was full of hard sell propagandas with never ending mention of PAP. This fellow put a halt to it knowing such approach won't go down well with the public. As a result, 'pap' was removed from the scripts and most hard sell propaganda had been repackaged into subtle govt messages that doesn't appear like propaganda (it still is)

Other than this, other gimmick pap had tried was the live telecast of parliamentary debate. They asked the translator to make opposition mp sound very tired, disinteresting while it the opposite for pap mp. This was from an editor source.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, it will go a long way. WP did here with all the pictures etc. Especially if the press is not playing ball.

Thanks for telling me. :smile:

I will create a new picture thread for the SDP BB Campaign. However, I will have to put the new thread in the SBF Political Folder because the threads in the Courtyard move too fast and it would be difficult for you to look for it. Also, the pictures can be quite big, and some brothers in the Courtyard may not like the thread to be too image-heavy. I hope you do not mind going over to the Political folder to view the pictures. There are a lot of pictures and I will post them in batches, a few at a time.

I think Boss Sam will be happy with the new thread because I know he has been trying to revive the readership of the Political folder which has been somewhat quiet since the last GE 2015 ended eight months ago.

I am a bit busy today. So, I will create the new thread tomorrow. :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why do u assume that prosperity has to be linked to a particular government and complete obedience and loyalty like a facist state?surely we can be prosperous and rich and successful and still be a anarchy as well too no?V for vendetta!!!!!!remember remember the fifth of november!!!!!The Gunpowder treason and plot; I know of no reason Why the Gunpowder treason Should ever be forgot!

[video=youtube;1jV2Mjc_kkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV2Mjc_kkY[/video]