• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok by-election to be held on May 7

jw5

Loyal
Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan urged Bukit Batok residents to send him to Parliament, saying he would be a more effective voice than his People's Action Party (PAP) rival.

Based on past experiences with other pap mps, they would simply ask easy questions during parliament and when it comes time to vote, toe the line and vote with the party. Having another pap mp in parliament is not going to make any difference to the ordinary Singaporean who wants his voice heard. :wink:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lanjiao lah and tiny one at that. Don't like that leh! Keep pushing down scroobal's threads and I have to do the pushing up.....No need to sleep ah?.........LOL.......LOL

jw5

Loyal
"What he should be saying is that 'I want to be your MP, but I will abide by the people's wishes. If I am not the MP, I will ask the successful candidate, the MP, to carry on this programme'. That is truly and genuinely caring for residents."

That would be truly and genuinely caring for residents but it is very unpappy-like. They are more used to dangling carrots, and if that doesn't work, threatening with a stick, e.g. repentance. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
"It is not humanly possible to go to work from 9 to 5 and stay back for more meetings and then come back at 7 to 8 and tell everybody that 'I am going to serve you with all my heart'," he said referring to his PAP rival Murali Pillai's pledge.

"The clear difference here is that every morning when Mr Murali wakes up, his first destination will be his office. When I wake up every morning, my first destination is Bukit Batok. That's the difference."

It is now up to LHL to offer Murali a cabinet position, because that would be the only way he can become a full time politician. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Celebrity urges for more opposition MPs and endorses SDP, she urges Bukit Batok voters to give Dr Chee a chance to serve them as MP.

Neo Swee Lin and her husband Lim Kay Siu are well known opposition supporters. Kay Siu's brother Kay Tong played the role of LKY in a movie. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
"What he should be saying is that 'I want to be your MP, but I will abide by the people's wishes. If I am not the MP, I will ask the successful candidate, the MP, to carry on this programme'. That is truly and genuinely caring for residents."

Dr Chee said he also wanted a PAP progress report on the promises made by former MP David Ong at last year's general election. Mr Ong had spoken of a five-year masterplan that would commit $24 million to enhance amenities such as a new hawker centre, new eldercare centre and two new early childhood centres. "Has anything been done, and if not, then why not? Were those just promises to entice voters?" Dr Chee asked.

"Now, if things are already under way, then I say there is no problem. Because if funds have been allocated, contracts have been signed, regardless of whoever is the MP, (these programmes) will continue. But if it hasn't, then we want to ask why. This is where Mr Murali needs to address the issue and be able to tell Bukit Batok residents what has been going on."[/COLOR]

Excellent response from Dr Chee! :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Any response from Murali to Chee's comments? It's only fair that his rebuttals are posted here. :wink:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, excellent election campaign video by SDP !

??? Ji Pa Ban

Tay Bee Pin
When it was clear that Dr Chee Soon Juan would be standing for the upcoming by-election in Bukit Batok. I asked whether I could make avideo for him, partly inspired by an old video clip of his children singing a Hokkien pop song .

This video won’t be made possible without Dr Chee giving us his time and also permission to cover his walkabout. I am so proud of our crew of 3 who worked for free and grateful for the kind souls who stepped up to assist. Am particularly moved when we didn't have a soundman but the team googled to learn audio recording at the last minute.

‘Ji Pa Ban’ (???) took 2 days to film in Bukit Batok, starring residents and workers, and we are dedicating it to all the folks voting this 7th May!

Last edited:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
As per usual, Dr Chee was at BB MRT station this morning 28 April to meet and greet residents.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全
Back in BB MRT station this morning. I'll work for BB like I'm campaigning now – here first thing in the morning for the residents. For MPs to outsource the Town Council work to managing agents, the help for residents to voluntary welfare organisations and then to collect $15k a month is a dream job. But it's not right and residents should question this. BB needs a full-time MP. ‪#‎NowIsTheTime‬ ‪#‎BukitBatok

13055202_10155077123908849_5079500125757506622_o.jpg

13055810_10155077124113849_2406121559513573273_o.jpg

13055001_10155077124208849_205149621956696090_o.jpg

13124625_10154428046068455_6311061271392066738_n.jpg

13087527_10154428046098455_1006907553528130875_n.jpg

13062377_10154428046133455_4876847885635630928_n.jpg

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As per usual, Dr Chee was at BB MRT station this morning 28 April to meet and greet residents.

Chee is walking the talk. He is reaching out to as many BB residents as he could. BB residents are starting to warm up to him.
I do believe sincerity will eventually win the day for Chee.

jw5

Loyal
Chee is walking the talk. He is reaching out to as many BB residents as he could. BB residents are starting to warm up to him.
I do believe sincerity will eventually win the day for Chee.

Hopefully that will be the case. Even if he doesn't win, he has put himself in good stead for the next GE. :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any response from Murali to Chee's comments? It's only fair that his rebuttals are posted here. :wink:
The ah neh will win because he is part of exceptional family. Pinky will go there stand by anyone be it Bangalee. Roslee. Mohd ah lee. MuraLee.