• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok by-election to be held on May 7

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personal character and integrity?

LHL's sister just called him a dishonorable son (不孝子) in public forum in writing. That's the worst label any human can get. His dead father would had turned in his jar.

Had LHL sued, or at least demanded his sister retract her statement and clarified? Not that I am aware till now. So what does that imply?

Based on what his sister said publicly, LHL should be the last to even qualify to comment on anyone's character worst off than a dishonorable son like him. Otherwise he should not throw stone if he himself lives in a glass house. How hypocrite can he get himself!

Dishonorable son as a country's highest office (SG president don't count as far as I am concerned)? How far more down can a country get, even if CSJ is elected as MP, and not even into government?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all he need is to win BB and that is enough, just like his mentor CST. old fart called him a failure against a president scholar shorty wong, yet shorty lost.

Mah Bow Tan, was a Colombo Plan Scholar,
not a President's Scholar.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remind us again about how Chee got the SDP CEC to kick Chiam out of the SDP. Some of the younger voters may be unaware of Chee's dark past.

CSJ's life has no dark past whatsoever. After all these years of bias treatment by the Singapore MSM, CSJ's life is like an open book for everyone to see, and understand.

PM Lee, his family, and many PAP Ministers and MPs, on the contrary, have boxes and boxes, if not mansions and mansions of dark past skeletons that are not revealed to the public yet. Dun worry, someday, God will be the judge of all their evil deeds.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, just read on MSM that LHL now says it's all right to attack the character of MPs and public office holders.

He can attack others but when he was being attacked, he kow Peh Kow Bu and start to use our court to sue others for defaming him. I feel like shoving my shit into his mouth and force him to swallow it.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
All are human.....

But pay and pay, piak and piak has already lost........regardless of the election results..... just leave it to the majority of 70% to discover what it is that the piak and piak party lost.....and the level of intelligence and wisdom that the dear leader has by selecting a minority to represent the ruling party for an SMC (if minority for opposition, it's another story),....as well as the level of courage that the followers has in voicing out and correcting their dear leader in his strategic decision making.:biggrin:

If majority of 70% no care or still can't see it and it's implications for the future......leave it to the laws of natural selection for them and their beloved children in this country subjucated to this level of stategic decisions......

talk too much also waste breathe......:o

CSJ's life has no dark past whatsoever. After all these years of bias treatment by the Singapore MSM, CSJ's life is like an open book for everyone to see, and understand.

PM Lee, his family, and many PAP Ministers and MPs, on the contrary, have boxes and boxes, if not mansions and mansions of dark past skeletons that are not revealed to the public yet. Dun worry, someday, God will be the judge of all their evil deeds.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Murali is so quiet?? He has no new ideas and new issues to fight for Sinkies in parliament, he just want to quietly do part-time MP and collect an exorbitant $16K monthly MP allowance from taxpayers. PAP MPs are seriously overpaid and are leeching public money.

Look at him quietly follow behind LHL and Tharman like a puppy in the Bukit Batok election walkabouts, clearly he's intention is to ride the coattails of LHL and Tharman into parliament. Murali is lying again, he's not his own man, he's just another PAP minion/yes-man relying on LHL and Tharman to get into parliament to be part-time MP and collect easy money of $16K every month from taxpayers.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent interview by Dr Chee in English and Chinese this morning, must watch.

VIDEO: [video]https://www.facebook.com/yoursdp/videos/10154435377923455/[/video]

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全 shared Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)'s live video.

01 May 2016 ·
[Admin]: Media doorstop earlier this morning at ‪#‎BukitBatok‬ ‪#‎NowIsTheTime

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An interview with Lee Hui Min, a former BBC reporter
and author of 'Living in the Era of Lee Kuan Yew'

[video=youtube;9kOpSvqm2NU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kOpSvqm2NU&feature=share[/video]​

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Murali is so quiet?? He has no new ideas and new issues to fight for Sinkies in parliament, he just want to quietly do part-time MP and collect an exorbitant $16K monthly MP allowance from taxpayers. PAP MPs are seriously overpaid and are leeching public money.

A little bird which happened to perch at a window while shitting somewhere in Fullerton area and saw inside an office room, Muralee's boss grilling him and demanded he declare if BB really will be his priority should he win the BE.

Little bird saw Muralee shaking with fear and sweating buckets. Overheard him said he is just bluffing those idiots in BB only. Should he win, he will sponsor office tea aunty's salary and pantry coffee with his $17k allowance.

Boss warned him not to open his mouth and spew those rubbish he been shooting his feet last few days. Look bad on his team of 100+ lawyers and R&T. Henceforth, Muralee will not say much but just follow behind Tharma and PM.

Above from the little bird.

jw5

Loyal

Look at him quietly follow behind LHL and Tharman like a puppy in the Bukit Batok election walkabouts, clearly he's intention is to ride the coattails of LHL and Tharman into parliament. Murali is lying again, he's not his own man, he's just another PAP minion/yes-man relying on LHL and Tharman to get into parliament to be part-time MP and collect easy money of $16K every month from taxpayers.

He is just grateful for the opportunity to be a candidate again. There were 5 pap losing candidates in Aljunied GRC, and he was the chosen one. Perhaps he is hoping that if he doesn't take this opportunity, there will be another one for him in the next GE, possibly in AMK. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
A little bird which happened to perch at a window while shitting somewhere in Fullerton area and saw inside an office room, Muralee's boss grilling him and demanded he declare if BB really will be his priority should he win the BE.

Little bird saw Muralee shaking with fear and sweating buckets. Overheard him said he is just bluffing those idiots in BB only. Should he win, he will sponsor office tea aunty's salary and pantry coffee with his $17k allowance.

Boss warned him not to open his mouth and spew those rubbish he been shooting his feet last few days. Look bad on his team of 100+ lawyers and R&T. Henceforth, Muralee will not say much but just follow behind Tharma and PM.

Above from the little bird.

He knows his place in the hierachy, he is a follower, not a leader. :wink:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;ktbGzeYgbC8]https://youtu.be/ktbGzeYgbC8[/video]

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/interests-of-singaporean/2747264.html

Interests of Singaporean workers must come first: Chee Soon Juan

Posted 01 May 2016 14:47

SINGAPORE: In this uncertain economic climate, the interests of Singaporean workers must come first before foreign workers, Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief and Bukit Batok by-election candidate Chee Soon Juan said in his May Day message to Singaporeans.

Speaking to the media on the sidelines of his walkabout around Bukit Batok on Sunday morning (May 1), Dr Chee said if he were elected, he would call on the Government to “retrench foreign workers first, Singaporean workers last”.

Dr Chee also reiterated the importance of a retrenchment insurance scheme, which SDP had proposed previously.

“When they get retrenched, they need some kind of assistance, some kind of protection. They need some kind of shock absorber, because when your bills keep piling up, and all of a sudden you find that you don’t have any income, what are you going to do? What are your children going to do?”

Under the proposed scheme, which will be funded by the Government, employers and employees, workers will receive financial assistance after being laid off.

“In this way, you help the retrenched workers tide through the difficult times, and at the same time, help them to find a job,” he said.

Dr Chee also reiterated his commitment to being a full-time Member of Parliament (MP), who would be “constantly on the ground” to listen to residents.

He also promised to hold more than one Meet-The-People session every week, as doing so once a week was “not enough”, he said.

- CNA/cy

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;gk7XaLncZXc]https://youtu.be/gk7XaLncZXc[/video]

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/chee-soon-juan-says-pap/2748566.html

Chee Soon Juan says PAP should ‘consider their own hypocrisy’

Posted 02 May 2016 04:09

SINGAPORE: The chief of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) has accused the People’s Action Party (PAP) of “gutter politics” and of being guilty of the very charges made against him, such as racism and hypocrisy.

Speaking at the SDP’s second rally of the Bukit Batok by-election on Sunday (May 1), candidate Dr Chee Soon Juan said: “They don’t tell you how they can be better than opponents, they tell you how bad the opposition is by running smear campaigns so that you will vote for the PAP by default.”

“They don’t consider their own hypocrisy,” he added, noting that this sort of behaviour seemed “baked into the PAP’s DNA”.

On Saturday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had questioned Dr Chee’s character and aptitude to be MP for Bukit Batok. This was after Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu on Friday doubted Dr Chee’s ability to run a town council as he had not held a steady job in many years.

PM Lee took issue with how Dr Chee had appealed at his Friday rally for people to refrain from personal attacks on ex-Bukit Batok MP David Ong. This, Mr Lee said, was “completely hypocritical”.

Dr Chee said he stood by what he had said. “We will not engage in below-the-belt politics. The David Ong affair is off the table.”

The SDP leader added that one speaker “may have cracked a joke about it at our last rally”. But “I’ve told our colleagues in no uncertain terms, cut it out”, he said, pledging that no more would be mentioned of it “for the rest of the campaign”.

“Let me turn the question to Mr Lee Hsien Loong. Will he and his colleagues honour (PAP second assistant secretary-general) Mr Tharman (Shanmugaratnam’s) promise and stop the gutter politics, and focus on issues that really matter to voters here in Bukit Batok?” said Dr Chee.

‘FIND ANYTHING SDP HAS SAID THAT IS REMOTELY RACIST’

On the issue of race, Mr Lee had earlier pointed to comments posted on Dr Chee’s webpage that “have not been refuted or taken down”. The Prime Minister said he had no doubt that when the pressure built, some people would feel “maybe this is one way you can use race to your advantage”.

In response, Dr Chee challenged at his rally to “find me anywhere (that) the SDP said anything remotely racist”.

He then pointed to past and present PAP MPs, such as Mr Choo Wee Khiang’s "description of Little India", and Ms Denise Phua’s recent “disparaging remarks” about foreign workers. “And yet, Grace Fu can stand there with a straight face and insinuate that SDP is racist,” said Dr Chee.

WHY I DIDN’T BRING UP LEE WEI LING: CHEE

Saying that “character goes to the heart of the fitness of a candidate”, Prime Minister Lee had said on Saturday he would be concerned if Dr Chee won in Bukit Batok.

“Because it will mean that there is somebody that’s being elected who is able to just gloss over bad things which have been done, and which he has not come to terms with or acknowledged, and he’s now presenting himself as a new man - reinvented - and yet, unchanged, and unregretful and unrepentant,” said Mr Lee.

On Sunday, Dr Chee replied: “Up until tonight I have never, never brought up the issue of what (Mr Lee’s) sister, Dr Lee Wei Ling, said about him.”

“I had ample opportunity to attack on this but I did not. And it would have been a very potent attack, because this is not your political opponent saying it, it is your own flesh and blood,” said Dr Chee, referring to allegations that Dr Lee had made online last month.

“Now I want you all to imagine, if it had been my sister saying these things about me, what do you think would have happened? Do you think that the PAP would have gone to town with this?”

Added Dr Chee: “I bring up this incident because I want to show you that even though I had the perfect opportunity, I refrained from using Dr Lee Wei Ling's dispute with the brother. Because that's not the kind of the politics I want to engage in.

“And even though I did not attack Mr Lee, he has no hesitation in continuing to disparage me.”

‘I’VE NOT BEEN WORKING? THAT’S NOT TRUE’

As for PAP leaders’ comments about his not holding a full-time job, Dr Chee said that after he was sacked by the National University of Singapore in 1993, he had received offers from American universities and could have continued his profession as a neuropsychologist.

But he chose to stay and continue his political work, he said. His research on various aspects of the Singapore system led to several published books and ideas contained in the SDP’s current policy papers.

Dr Chee said he and his wife “made the choice” to live simply, off proceeds from the book sales, and had “absolutely no regrets”. “Do we always have to measure success by how much money we make?” he said.

He also noted how the SDP had grown since 1990s, when it could not even afford an office and they had to sell newsletters to rent an attic in Balestier Road. Today, the party apparatus has “first-class” teams doing logistics, IT and policy, for instance.

“I’ve not been working? That’s not true,” said Dr Chee, who has promised to be a full-time MP if elected. “The truth is, I have been working every single day to not just keep the SDP together but to also build it up … I just have not asked to be paid or paid a lot.”

‘THEY FEAR DR CHEE IN PARLIAMENT’

Other SDP central executive committee members also sprang to Dr Chee’s defence at the Sunday night rally.

Ms Jaslyn Go said she found Ms Fu’s comments about Dr Chee not having a full-time job “disparaging to full time mothers and grandparents who stay at home to raise the future generations”.

Dr Paul Tambyah had, on Saturday, made a video statement saying that “a person is not defined by his or her actions or words" and the attack on Dr Chee's character was "uncalled for”. Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat responded on Facebook, saying that he found this statement “astounding” as it meant a person could “lie, cheat or betray someone with impunity”.

On Sunday, Dr Tambyah countered, saying: “A person is not solely defined by his or her actions or words although they might reflect his or her values. We are not one-dimensional people as Mr Heng seems to think we are.”

He added that “anybody who has met Dr Chee” and spent time with him “will know that he’s someone of good character”.

Mr Damanhuri Abas said: “I had those wrong impressions of Dr Chee myself, but since joining SDP, I see that he is not what they say. The reason why PAP keeps demonising Dr Chee is because they truly fear him in Parliament. They know if Dr Chee is in Parliament, no one can sleep.”

- CNA/ec

Last edited:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/chee-hits-back-pap-over-charges-racism-hypocrisy

Chee hits back at PAP over charges of racism, hypocrisy

Published: 4:15 AM, May 2, 2016

SINGAPORE — Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan yesterday hit back at charges of hypocrisy and questions on racism from People’s Action Party (PAP) leaders in recent days, saying that the ruling party does not consider its own hypocrisy.

Challenging the PAP to find any racist statements ever made by the SDP, Dr Chee said at the opposition party’s second rally for the Bukit Batok by-election that the PAP’s Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu had ignored her own party’s racist statements in the past.

Former PAP Member of Parliament (MP) Choo Wee Khiang had made racist statements about Indians, while a Young PAP member — who has since quit the party — had compared Malay kindergarten students to terrorist trainees, said Dr Chee. Even late founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew had made disparaging comments about Malays, he added.

Turning to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who had questioned Dr Chee’s character on Saturday on a visit to Bukit Batok, Dr Chee said: “Even though I did not attack Mr Lee, he has no hesitation in continuing to disparage me.”

Up until last night, Dr Chee said he had not brought up remarks made by Mr Lee’s sister, Dr Lee Wei Ling, about her brother although he had “ample opportunity to attack him on this”.

He was referring to Dr Lee disagreeing with Mr Lee on the various ways in which the nation recently commemorated Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s first-year death anniversary, and views she had posted on Facebook. Had the disagreement been between Dr Chee and his sister, the PAP would have gone to town with it, he said.

“You say that the SDP is racist when your own members, leaders make racist remarks. You say that I don’t respect the elders when you treat our elderly in such a heartless and disgraceful manner. And you attack my character,” he said.

“Please, my fellow Singaporeans, please don’t fall for it. No one is as good as the PAP says they are. No one is as bad as the PAP says. We are all human beings. We have our weaknesses and we have our strengths but please, let’s not glorify ourselves and demonise our opponents for our own political gain.”

On Ms Fu’s remarks about him not holding a full-time job for a long time, Dr Chee said this was “a new low”. He received offers from universities in the United States after being sacked in the 1990s by the National University of Singapore, he said. But he chose to stay in Singapore and concentrate on political work here, and has had no regrets.

He said: “I find it really in bad taste when Ms Grace Fu and Mr Lee Hsien Loong tell you that just because I don’t make a lot of money like them, then I’m not working and I cannot take care of Bukit Batok.”

Earlier during the rally, SDP central executive committee member Paul Tambyah had called Ms Fu’s comments about Dr Chee’s career as an author and politician “puzzling”, given her Cabinet portfolio. “She doesn’t seem to believe anyone can make a living from doing academic research in institutions of higher learning and publishing books for which people queue up for hours,” he said. “Perhaps to her, being an author or a politician is not a real job.”

Detailing how he built up the SDP, Dr Chee said the party could not afford an office in the 1990s and he spent time writing and selling its party newspaper to make enough to rent a small space in Balestier for S$500 a month, he said. More people joined the party and today, it has an “honest-to-goodness party apparatus”, with ground operations, fundraising, IT and policy research teams, and is able to put up credible policy papers, he said.

Speaking to reporters after a walkabout in Bukit Batok earlier, Dr Chee also called for better protection of Singaporean workers through retrenchment insurance in his May Day message.

Under the SDP’s proposed scheme, retrenched workers would receive 75 per cent of their last-drawn salaries for the first six months, 50 per cent for the following six months and 25 per cent for the final six months. Payouts — capped at the prevailing median wage — would stop after the 18 months, or once the individuals are re-employed.

25825125.jpg

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;Zxv8PFyQeLY]https://youtu.be/Zxv8PFyQeLY[/video]

http://theindependent.sg/pap-has-run-out-of-ideas-for-bukit-batok-dr-paul-tambyah-charges/

PAP has run out of ideas for Bukit Batok, Dr Paul Tambyah charges

By The Independent - May 2, 2016

The following is the transcript of Dr Paul Tambyah’s Speech at the Bukit Batok by-election rally on 1 May 2016.

Friends, fellow Singaporeans

Today is May Day. The day we recognise the struggles of workers who fought for their rights for years. Singapore used to have a dynamic trade union movement but it was crippled many years ago. The last local strike was one sanctioned by the late Mr Ong Teng Cheong when he felt that workers were being treated unfairly. Tragically, we no longer have union leaders like him.

One of my heroes is Eleanor Roosevelt the author of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which Singapore signed on to 50 years ago when we joined the UN. She is quoted as saying “Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about events, small people talk about other people”. After one round of rallies, what is the PAP talking about?

On Nomination Day, DPM Tharman met me and we both agreed that we would keep the campaign clean and fair and focused on issues. What has happened thus far? There has been very little constructive debate on the issues and instead, the PAP has been launching venomous attacks on the person of Dr Chee based on distorted accounts from 15-20 years ago.

We believe that you can criticize what a person says or what a person does which reflect their values but do not attack the person. We believe that it is fair to ask what happened to the plans such as the hawker center that Mr David Ong promised the people of Bukit Batok, but it is not right to attack him personally. Similarly, it is ok to criticize Dr Chee for asking PM Goh about Singapore’s promise to President Suharto 15 years ago but attacking his character on that basis is uncalled for.

The Prime Minister in his statement last night, said “”Anyone standing for public office should be prepared to have his past actions examined, transparently and honestly,” We totally agree and would welcome the opportunity to examine the assets of all the PAP ministers and MPs. Of course, with the successive leaks of the Panama papers and other related documents, the Prime Minister may have his wish fulfilled sooner rather than later.

A person is not solely defined by his or her actions or words although they often do reflect his or her values. We are not one-dimensional people as Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat seems to think. Both Mr Murali and Dr Chee are someone’s son, someone’s husband, someone’s father. As far as we can tell, they are both men of good character.

Despite the PAP’s attempts to smear Dr Chee, anybody who has met him in Bukit Batok, Holland-Bukit Timah and all the other places he has visited knows this for a fact. For the last couple of years, Dr Chee has been in the spotlight with the mainstream media following him around, trying to trick or trap him on camera into saying something wrong.

People can see his character well from what he has said and done in recent years without the biases of the pre-social media era. But this election is not about Dr Chee or Mr Murali’s personality, it is about the issues that they propose not character assassination.

Since 2012, the SDP has put up our policy proposals for public debate. We started with an evidence based comprehensive healthcare proposal and have moved on to offer concrete well thought out proposals on a number of major issues including housing and town council management. We would like them to be debated fully. We had hoped that this would be so in this campaign and are disappointed by the distortions and smears that are coming out of some very senior PAP people.

To be fair, the PM and Ms Grace Fu may have been misled by the Wan Bao headline in her rally speech. Wan Bao has since responded and amended their online version of the report but refused to apologise! The Straits Times has also come up with the ridiculous statement that character does not matter. We have asked them for a correction but I am not optimistic.

To re-state our point – criticize the speech, the action, the policy and the values they represent BUT do not attack the man. To give another example, at a forum organized by the Institute of Policy Studies, I publicly disagreed with the PM on his comment that Israelis are smarter than Singaporeans. I pointed out that I think that Singaporeans are smarter than Israelis, at least we know how to live in peace with our neighbours. I did not call the PM unpatriotic for putting down Singaporeans.

Furthermore, neither me, nor anyone in the SDP would use the same kind of language to criticize the Prime Minister that the former director of the National Neuroscience Institute did. That saddened the Prime Minister and it shocked many of us too. We could have used Dr Lee’s published allegations to expose the hypocrisy of the Prime Minister’s statements on character but we will not. That is not who we are, that is not how we promised to run this campaign and that will not help the people of Bukit Batok.

The Prime Minister also made some puzzling allegations about racism based on some comments made by anonymous posters on a SDP facebook page. He did not provide any evidence to back up his claim so perhaps this was another mistake – this time from the Zao Bao reporter who may have mistaken some of the comments of provocateurs for official SDP postings.

I hope that the reporter will do his homework and determine who those people are who are allegedly making comments on SDP facebook pages. As Dr Chee pointed out, he has never tolerated racism of any kind. In fact, in the last general election, during my party political broadcast, I said right at the start “The SDP is a competent, constructive compassionate party. We aim to build a democratic society based on justice and equality.

Equality to us means that all the top schools are open to all children regardless of language stream or ethnicity, where parents do not feel compelled to spend thousands of dollars on tuition just to ensure that their children get a good education. Equality means a national minimum wage for all workers local or foreign so migrant workers are not exploited and local workers are not afraid of being replaced by cheaper, less skilled workers. Equality means equal treatment for all religions in the workplace and military.”

Dr Chee has been prosecuted for speaking up for the rights of Muslim children in local schools, he has been outspoken in the defence of the basic human rights of all Singaporeans. In fact, when Ms Grace Fu made her allegations about campaigning on racial grounds without providing any proof, many of us were wondering if she was referring to the strategy used by the PAP six months ago when Dr Chee and the SDP fielded the excellent Mr Sadasivam who did unexpectedly badly against Mr David Ong despite his own extensive grassroots experience in the nearby Ayer Rajah constituency. We sincerely hope not. If that is the case, that is indeed disgraceful and we hope that she clarifies her position quickly.

Ms Grace Fu also made some puzzling comments about Dr Chee’s career as a politician and author. I am puzzled by those comments especially as she is the Minister for Culture, Community and Youth. She does not seem to believe that someone can make a living from doing academic research for international institutions of higher learning and publishing books for which people queue up for hours to get him to sign.

Perhaps that is the reason why the National Arts Council Singapore which is under her own ministry withdrew its support from the only Singaporean book ever to make it to the best seller lists of both the New York Times and Amazon – Sonny Liew’s book the art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye. Perhaps to her, being an author, or a politician, is not a real job. If that is the case, I am a little worried about the future of the arts in Singapore under her ministry.

The last PAP rally was also troubling in that the PAP seems to have run out of new ideas for Bukit Batok. Six months ago, the PAP proposed a 24 million dollar plan which included a new hawker center, new child care centers and a new elder care center. Now we hear nothing about that. Food is an important issue to all Singaporeans and it would be good to hear an update on what has happened to the new hawker center proposed in August 2015.

Mr Murali began his campaign by proposing a $1.9 million program but now he admits that is actually part of the $24 million program proposed last year. Apart from the health cooperative which I would be happy to debate. We have not heard anything new.

I have no doubt that Mr Murali is a good man. A friend, Remy Choo who worked with him on a major case involving a charge of illegal importation of endangered rosewood told me that he is a very good man. The PAP activists of Paya Lebar have told us how for the last five years, Mr Murali served with dedication and distinction as PAP branch chair for Paya Lebar. Like most of the other PAP candidates, he has been very successful in his career, rising to the head of commercial litigation at one of Singapore’s most successful law firms. If elected, he be just like yet another of the 82 PAP MPs largely silent.

On the other hand, if Dr Chee is elected to parliament, no one can deny that parliament will be changed beyond recognition. For one, the PAP MPs will work a lot harder. Watching the recent Committee of Supply debates on television, it was striking how many empty chairs there were on the PAP benches – perhaps they were all away at their part-time jobs in the business and corporate worlds.

In contrast, when the Aljunied Hougang Town Council issue was being discussed, parliament was packed with PAP MPs looking for opportunities to score points by criticizing the Worker’s Party. You can be sure that when Dr Chee gets into parliament, the PAP MPs will be on their toes.

Just last Monday, there was a major MRT breakdown which affected 20 MRT stations. According to reports in both the mainstream and social media, there was only one MRT station which benefitted from PAP activists bearing flashlights to help direct residents to safety. You know which MRT station that was – Bukit Batok MRT station – where Dr Chee was campaigning. Coincidence? I don’t think so!

As the residents of Paya Lebar know, they get two for the price of one – they can seek out their MP Mr Chen Show Mao and if that doesn’t work, they can seek out Paya Lebar grassroots advisor and PAP branch chairman Mr Murali. I am sure that Mr Murali will do the same for the residents of Bukit Batok – having served here for sixteen years. He will continue to serve as a PAP activist and leader in Bukit Batok even if Dr Chee is elected to parliament.

All that aside, Putting Dr Chee in parliament gives each and every one of you residents of Bukit Batok an opportunity to have an independent voice in parliament – to have one more voice to ask the government why they are intent on flooding our already strained infrastructure with 6.9 million people, to ask why our education system needs to put so much stress on students, teachers and parents and still cannot produce enough talent that we need to import skilled professionals to fill critical roles in our economy.

If and when Dr Chee gets into parliament, he can ask the hard questions about CPF – about when we are ever going to see our hard earned CPF money back.

You have seen our town council policy, you have heard about our social programs, you have met some of our town council transition team. Now is the time to vote for a strong independent voice in parliament. Now is the time to vote for Dr Chee.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indian Sinkies find that PAP are the ones being racists in the by-election. PAP still got the cheek to talk about hypocrisy and racism, PAP better look themselves in the mirror to see who are the real hypocrites and racists.

http://theindependent.sg/some-india...has-made-himself-chinese-to-endear-to-voters/

Some Indians upset that Murali has made himself ‘Chinese’ to endear to voters

By The Independent - May 1, 2016

ah-mu-murali.jpg

Facebook user Rethinam Sabapathy posted in his Facebook a picture of Murali’s rally invitation poster and took the PAP’s candidate for Bukit Batok to task for sinicizing himself just to win the vote of Singaporean Chinese.

He said: “Now who is playing the race card? Mr. Murali changes his name to Ah Mu sounding Chinese. He is taking the intelligence of voters for granted. One look, anyone can tell he his a Apunehneh, even if he shaves his moustache, arms and legs.”

Siv Raj Winston Singaravelloo said, “So who is playing the race card???? Ah Mu…”

T G Nathan commenting on Siv Raj’s post asked “did he really changed his name to AH MU?”

Nizam Ismail who said that Murali was his classmate in primary school said, “No need lah. Be proud of who you are, Murali. You were my primary school mate, and nobody called you Ah Mu. Rise above the shackles of race.”

Madi Nathan said, “(Might) as well this idiot changes his name to ‘Ah MU’ or better still label himself ‘ah pu neh neh’ so that the chinese voters can recognize him… Sick to the core with this kind of mentality…”

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP controlled Chinese newspaper's smear campaign creating false articles by misquoting Dr Chee and putting words into Dr Chee's mouth to demonize Dr Chee to the Chinese public, and the PAP quickly uses these false articles to attack Dr Chee's character. I wonder is this a sinister planned coordinated attack by PAP with their MSM propaganda machinery to smear and fix Dr Chee in the by-election???

This is very suspicious. PAP likes to play dirty/gutter politics to fix opposition candidates, they cannot be trusted, this could be another very dirty trick of theirs to con the public.

13095907_951757154942373_362172243573035150_n.png

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's so boring to hear all your political commentary in a country where there is no question who is going to win or who has already won. You are just picking up the crumbs.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a place for me to speak my mind freely on politics and the articles I read in the internet. It's just a passion for me as a citizen, you're free not to read if it's boring.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP controlled Chinese newspaper's smear campaign creating false articles by misquoting Dr Chee and putting words into Dr Chee's mouth to demonize Dr Chee to the Chinese public, and the PAP quickly uses these false articles to attack Dr Chee's character. I wonder is this a sinister planned coordinated attack by PAP with their MSM propaganda machinery to smear and fix Dr Chee in the by-election???

This is very suspicious. PAP likes to play dirty/gutter politics to fix opposition candidates, they cannot be trusted, this could be another very dirty trick of theirs to con the public.

13095907_951757154942373_362172243573035150_n.png

No point wasting time with msm. More you talk, the more you give them a chance to misquote you. Csj been in politics long enough to understand the nature of msm.