• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excellent letter that rebuts Minister over PA neutral claim

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not as intimately familiar with his past as you are. Seems that the "straight-talking/candid diplomat" reputation has become an authority unto itself because of Facebook with legions of believers who hang on to his sound bite sermons about the backwardness of every other country, inherent conflicts of interest and grand corruption. It was said that the initial seeds of his hentak kaki at MFA was due to his lack of appreciation of how in the grand scheme of things he was not cut from the finest silk he thought himself to be and could not be as candid with certain people simply because he was BK (no doubt a legend in his own mind even then) so this led to the much desired PS role being made an unobtainable goal for a very long time....as is apparent he often neglects Will Rodger's wisdom....

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How did Kee Chiu manage to be a scholar? His thinking is idiotic. There is something truly wrong with our scholastic system when we have scholars like Kee Chiu.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not as intimately familiar with his past as you are. Seems that the "straight-talking/candid diplomat" reputation has become an authority unto itself because of Facebook with legions of believers who hang on to his sound bite sermons about the backwardness of every other country, inherent conflicts of interest and grand corruption. It was said that the initial seeds of his hentak kaki at MFA was due to his lack of appreciation of how in the grand scheme of things he was not cut from the finest silk he thought himself to be and could not be as candid with certain people simply because he was BK (no doubt a legend in his own mind even then) so this led to the much desired PS role being made an unobtainable goal for a very long time....as is apparent he often neglects Will Rodger's wisdom....

During NS and at SATO, it appears that he was not very "on the ball", but just "went with the flow"

It also appears that after NS, he was going to MFA.

He was at one time, SG's Ambassadsor to Russia and the UN at New York City.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old man liked PS Raman who was in RTS as he handled the separation interview well. Father over the years known to Raja, Nathan and Old man. A cocky guy who will shoot his mouth without being asked. Massive ego. I always wondered that he would be the best person for the foreign intelligence services to tap without much effort and therefore a risk but he was probably used by own services to float BS to the other side without he knowing.

I know that gentleman.

I believe that he benefitted from the "goodwill" of his father, P.S. Raman, once upon a time the SG's Ambassador to the USSR.

He may be several years older than me, but I know him, without being his friend or buddy.

He was a SGT with the Cadet Corps, and he and a few of his buddies were "sacked"
He attended SU before serving NS, and read political science, graduating with a B.A. Honours.
He was commissioned as a 2LT (4 SMC, OCS, SAFTI)
He was close to ROD, and attended the Advanced Course for Reservist Infantry and Armour Officers at SATO, SAFTI.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My sympathies. Are we right about this guy or way off tangent?

I like him. He's very intelligent, a bit of a rogue but a dependable friend. Even in the army he was already wise to the ways of the world (after all he has the pedigree) and he understands international diplomacy better than most. He's also a straight talker and I absolutely agree with what he said at that student convention or whatever it was.

When he responded he was obviously told to practice the diplomacy that he preaches. In private I'm sure he had a different take on the matter.

He's also absolutely right about the Malaysian diplomats ref the wikileak files.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just banned banned tis short arse from talking , he spew nonsences and wasting everyones time.

it is funny that one NTUC chief after another lied and cheat....... Phey Yew Cock, Devan Nair, LBH the crybaby LSS, and now this shortarse kee chiu
do you see this papig convergence???

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I have never met the father but was told he was soft spoken and rather quiet, a contrast to the son. Do read if you haven't the screenshot of Kausikan's posted by gatehousethetinkertailor. Even PS 101 student knows that it is absolute BS. I am not sure what he was trying to achieve by posting that. The French arguably have the best civil service structure and they handle their governments of the day no matter what hue and persuasion with ease.

In contrast, have a look at another public servant and former GIC Chief Economist Yeo Lam Keong - born with a silver spoon, extended family can open any door but this guy is as humble as they come. Still living in the same HDB flat when he afford couple of mansions. Even accompanies the poor who he met at the coffeeshop to meet their MP. MP has no idea who Yeoh is .

I like him. He's very intelligent, a bit of a rogue but a dependable friend. Even in the army he was already wise to the ways of the world (after all he has the pedigree) and he understands international diplomacy better than most. He's also a straight talker and I absolutely agree with what he said at that student convention or whatever it was.

When he responded he was obviously told to practice the diplomacy that he preaches. In private I'm sure he had a different take on the matter.

He's also absolutely right about the Malaysian diplomats ref the wikileak files.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In contrast, have a look at another public servant and former GIC Chief Economist Yeo Lam Keong - born with a silver spoon, extended family can open any door but this guy is as humble as they come. Still living in the same HDB flat when he afford couple of mansions. Even accompanies the poor who he met at the coffeeshop to meet their MP. MP has no idea who Yeoh is .

absolutely agree and i am with you on this. younger bro is a lawyer while sister is a PS. i believe it is a 3-rm flat.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

with his credentials, why still single? is he gay?

director
security branch malaysia

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is funny that one NTUC chief after another lied and cheat....... Phey Yew Cock, Devan Nair, LBH the crybaby LSS, and now this shortarse kee chiu
do you see this papig convergence???

good observation. OTC is the only exception. wonder if kee chiu can beat the Lims when it comes to crying.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

was he talent spotted by the MIW in the past? he would have been a great MP but perhaps too uncomfortable for them to handle. not a compliant chap from what i was told. so, had to leave GIC and squat at some think-tank. wasted talent. one of the few who is more than capable of challenging tharman's POVs on the economy and finances.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately my initial posting had two screenshots and one did not appear as intended. It shows the kind of "influencer" someone in his position can be. The "system" has become truly infected by groups of self-serving sycophants and as has been lamented and claimed over social media by rational and articulate individuals, these chaps are motivated by greed for lucrative contracts or just being in positions of power.

Absolutely agree that that's the way of the world and it can't be totally eradicated as it stems from greed and self-preservation. So we have a number of state apparatus riddled with these types which then turn those who could play a more meaningful part away because it's "their turf" and then you have all kinds of "special advisers" who either plead ignorance or are just too thick, the most recent example being the hot sun comment on Khatib.

Yes the people voted for these types but what choices did they have to pick within the incumbents themselves? Yet you then have intelligent savvy types who are worldly in their exposition of foreign affairs and politicking and quick to point out how our small nation are under continues threat but for some reason don't feel the need to raise the alarm from within. 57 years of one government running an island city piggybacking on notions of nationhood and we are still "aspiring". We are not the only ones that face constant "threats" but it's abit rich when the obvious threat comes from a populace that cares more for Hello Kitty and learning Korean than how to improve the slate of candidates they pick to represent them or challenge the ones they are forced to pick because those that stand in opposition cannot cut it. Figures like BK have a much bigger responsibility and culpability and as long as they sit quiet and hail the proverbial Emperor's new clothes then they are just as responsible for the rot that may exist in the system. I do not doubt his intellect but such prominence and blind allegiance without seeking to deter a further spiral with the boundaries of your own country is a mockery and just hypocrisy.

Last edited: