• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP ups the ante - Will the authorities approve the permit

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that permit was given for Murali and his Merchant Association associates to run their carnival, let see if the authorities will play fair.

http://theindependent.sg/sdp-applies-to-town-council-to-hold-health-screening-event-in-bukit-batok/

SDP applies to Town Council to hold health screening event in Bukit Batok
By The Independent - April 19, 2016 0 1162
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Chairman of Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), Ms Wong Souk Yee, announced that the political party has applied for a permit to hold health screenings from the the Bukit Batok Town Council today (19 Apr). SDP wants to hold the event for the benefit of the residents of Bukit Batok.

They asked to use the basketball pavilion beside Block 210, Bukit Batok East Avenue 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, 30 April, 2016.

The opposition political party which has stated its intention to contest the coming by-election in that constituency said that they have qualified doctors and nurses who will conduct screening for blood pressure and blood glucose levels on that day.

Writing in his Facebook about the application, SDP’s secretary-general who is expected to be the party’s candidate in the by-election said, “it was reported that Mr Murali recently held a carnival there and we look forward to organising our own event for Bukit Batok residents. Will keep you informed of JRTC’s response.”

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is oppo's checkmate to PAP's carnival?pls dont embarrass yourselves SDP.a health checkup?we are not freaking daft old bats with diabetes and high blood pressure.

If need be,Dr Anal Koh is willing to perform a impromptu proctology and colonoscopy exam for all of bukit batak residence on his knees.gtfo SDP losers.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't understand. Why must SDP keep applying for permits that stands a very high chance of rejection and then publicly announce this application? Only reason i can think of is to highlight they are treated unfairly by the system.

But will such things win votes? I don't think many people will be impressed. It is also a typical SDP modus operandi and getting stale.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a good move as they are riding on what CCS has stated and the ongoing discussion on this as well as the controversy about the Merchant Association and their links to PA , PAP etc is now in the air.

My concern is that Chee has switched from confrontational to the other extreme and people are not going to vote someone for being nice. They want to see a bit of fire. If fact he needs to bring up issues not just residents welfare and good town council representation.

I also glad the Wong Souk Yee is raising this. It will be good to have some of their better qualified members come int the fray.

I don't understand. Why must SDP keep applying for permits that stands a very high chance of rejection and then publicly announce this application? Only reason i can think of is to highlight they are treated unfairly by the system.

But will such things win votes? I don't think many people will be impressed. It is also a typical SDP modus operandi and getting stale.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think it is a good move as they are riding on what CCS has stated and the ongoing discussion on this as well as the controversy about the Merchant Association and their links to PA , PAP etc is now in the air.

My concern is that Chee has switched from confrontational to the other extreme and people are not going to vote someone for being nice. They want to see a bit of fire. If fact he needs to bring up issues not just residents welfare and good town council representation.

I also glad the Wong Souk Yee is raising this. It will be good to have some of their better qualified members come int the fray.

this is just your personal opinion... it does not reflect the opinion of the masses. Did you ask Dr Chee what is his strategy, if not, then you are just playing a child's guessing game.

hey..where is your clones..come in to praise your post leh.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wong seok yee articulates herself well and is good person to carry the message. Would benefit CSJ to have such people helping him put the point across.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

It not going to help sdp in anyway by playing up this issue. The voters will start to ask why should they inconvenience themselves by voting an opposition mp?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It not going to help sdp in anyway by playing up this issue. The voters will start to ask why should they inconvenience themselves by voting an opposition mp?

Hey papib.. Is this that much you got?

Go and interview some bb residents lah.. Clones always make wide assumption and take it as the voters view..

Just another clone to come to support the sinkie loser..ownself praise ownself..

Oops.. I forget this is your therapy session.. Pardon me.