• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shanghai Chinks / Chinese exaggerating way too much

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Kong people are not Chinese.

Cantonese is a distintive language that seperates it from Chinese language. It is a marker that separates non-Chinese Hong Kong people from China people.
I totally agree.

And in my opinion, although I obviously don't have any hard proof, the ancestors (probably from central eastern China) of the modern Japanese people were probably among the first groups of mainland Chinese people who decided to leave China for good nearly two thousand years ago:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_people
or maybe even over two thousand years ago, possibly as early as during the mid-Zhou dynasty:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Emperors_of_Japan
The first Emperor of Japan must have hated the mainland Chinese so much that he decided to claim to be a direct descendant of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaterasu
the Japanese "sun goddess".

Hence, most modern Japanese people are even more adamant in denying that they share the same ancestors with modern mainland Chinese people.

HonkieSingie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree.

And in my opinion, although I obviously don't have any hard proof, the ancestors (probably from central eastern China) of the modern Japanese people were probably among the first groups of mainland Chinese people who decided to leave China for good nearly two thousand years ago:
or maybe even over two thousand years ago, possibly as early as during the mid-Zhou dynasty:
The first Emperor of Japan must have hated the mainland Chinese so much that he decided to claim to be a direct descendant of:

Hence, most modern Japanese people are even more adamant in denying that they share the same ancestors with modern mainland Chinese people.

On a genetic chart it shows Japanese are more closer to Koreans than anyone in East Asia while the Koreans are closely related with Mongolians, Manchurians, Siberians.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I totally agree.

there's evidence that the 1st royalty of nippon was from the korean peninsular. tomb is still there. he was most likely an exiled prince from dynastic changes and purges on the peninsula. also, there's evidence of royal and retainer sui and tang refugees who escaped to the jap islands after their dynasties collapsed. japan inadvertently was a last resort of refuge for survivors of failed dynasties on both the mainland and peninsula.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/080428-ancient-tomb.html

jap royal family already admitted that their ancestral lineage has korean ties.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I'm not of Cantonese origin I identify myself as a Hong Kong person and a Cantonese. There's a good reason for this because my father is Teochew born in Hong Kong and my mother was a Hokkien born in Singapore but they had never told me the importance of having regional pride so I grew up thinking I was Hong Kong/Cantonese. I was simply never taught of speaking those dialects.

How does one identify as Teochew whe all his live he grew up speaking Cantonese, using Cantonese culture, watching TVB , Hong Kong movies, listening Cantonese songs.

Also the first president of China spoke Cantonese. Without the Guangdong/Canton revolution there be no China.

Cantonese influence on Xinhai Revolution

The Xinhai revolution was the instrument that overthrew the corrupt Qing dynasty that would later bring Manchuria, Inner Mongolia and other regions under Han Chinese rule once again. During the Xinhai Revolution, many patriotic Cantonese performers promoted the idea of fighting with the Qing Dynasty, imperialism and feudalism through their performances in Cantonese opera.[27] Troops of Sun Yat-sen's revolutionary army (made up overwhelmingly of Cantonese). Most of the early revolutionary leaders were also Cantonese.[28] In 1895, Guangzhou started its first uprising against Qing dynasty. It would later become to known as the "cradle of the Xinhai revolution".[29][30][31] Hong Kong was the cradle of Sun Yat Sen's revolutionary thoughts and the base for subsequent uprisings. An important place for propaganda, Hong Kong saw the founding of the first revolutionary newspaper.[32][33] Zhongshan was the birthplace of first president of China and native Cantonese dialect of Sun Yat Sen.[34][35]

Sun Yat-sen's Guangdong revolutions all failed. Song Jiaoren devised the strategy of staging the revolution in Central China. Song and Huang Xing were the key Tong Meng Hui figures who worked with other revolutionary groups and the New Army in the Wuchang Uprising. Jiang Yiwu, Sun Wu and Xiong Bingkun, the officer who fired the first shot, were their operatives. Sun was abroad when the uprising happened. overall, in addition to Sun's Guangdong group, there were the Song and Huang's Hubei-Hunan group, Zhang Taiyan's Zhejiang group and others that all contributed to the overthrow of the Qing and the founding of the Republic in many ways.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a genetic chart it shows Japanese are more closer to Koreans than anyone in East Asia while the Koreans are closely related with Mongolians, Manchurians, Siberians.
there's evidence that the 1st royalty of nippon was from the korean peninsular. tomb is still there. he was most likely an exiled prince from dynastic changes and purges on the peninsula. also, there's evidence of royal and retainer sui and tang refugees who escaped to the jap islands after their dynasties collapsed. japan inadvertently was a last resort of refuge for survivors of failed dynasties on both the mainland and peninsula.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/080428-ancient-tomb.html
Many thanks for replying; there's probably some truth in both replies. :smile:

jap royal family already admitted that their ancestral lineage has korean ties.
Yes, the current Emperor, Akihito, admitted it back in 2001:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Kanmu#Legacy
but that was only the Korean mother (wikipedia.org/wiki/Takano_no_Niigasa) of the fiftieth Emperor, Kanmu, who lived during the eighth century.

My main reason for thinking that most modern Japanese people descend from Chinese people, who lived in central-eastern China over two thousand years ago (wikipedia.org/wiki/Yayoi_period), is:

"Yayoi linked to Yangtze area"
trussel.com/prehist/news111.htm

DNA tests reveal similarities to early wet-rice farmers

Some of the first wet-rice farmers in Japan might have migrated from the lower basin of China's Yangtze River more than 2,000 years ago, Japanese and Chinese researchers said Thursday.

This was suggested by DNA tests conducted by the researchers that showed genetic similarities between human remains from the Yayoi Period found in southwestern Japan and the early Han Dynasty found in China's central Jiangsu Province, Satoshi Yamaguchi told reporters.

People who introduced irrigation techniques to the Japanese archipelago in the Yayoi Period (250 B.C.-300) were believed to have come to Japan either from the Korean Peninsula across the Tsushima Strait, or from northern China across the Yellow Sea.

The latest findings, however, bolster another theory suggesting the origin of the Yayoi people was an area south of the Yangtze, which is believed to be the birthplace of irrigated rice cultivation.

Yamaguchi, a researcher at Japan's National Science Museum, said the researchers compared Yayoi remains found in Yamaguchi and Fukuoka prefectures with those from early Han (202 B.C.-8) in Jiangsu in a three-year project begun in 1996.

The researchers found many similarities between the skulls and limbs of Yayoi people and the Jiangsu remains.

Two Jiangsu skulls showed spots where the front teeth had been pulled, a practice common in Japan in the Yayoi and preceding Jomon Period.

But the most persuasive findings resulted from tests revealing that genetic samples from three of 36 Jiangsu skeletons also matched part of the DNA base arrangements of samples from the Yayoi remains, the scientists said.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very difficult to dispute dna evidence, especially when it's related to migratory patterns.

image.jpg

HonkieSingie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks for replying; there's probably some truth in both replies. :smile:

Yes, the current Emperor, Akihito, admitted it back in 2001:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Kanmu#Legacy
but that was only the Korean mother (wikipedia.org/wiki/Takano_no_Niigasa) of the fiftieth Emperor, Kanmu, who lived during the eighth century.

My main reason for thinking that most modern Japanese people descend from Chinese people, who lived in central-eastern China over two thousand years ago (wikipedia.org/wiki/Yayoi_period), is:

"Yayoi linked to Yangtze area"
trussel.com/prehist/news111.htm

DNA tests reveal similarities to early wet-rice farmers

Some of the first wet-rice farmers in Japan might have migrated from the lower basin of China's Yangtze River more than 2,000 years ago, Japanese and Chinese researchers said Thursday.

This was suggested by DNA tests conducted by the researchers that showed genetic similarities between human remains from the Yayoi Period found in southwestern Japan and the early Han Dynasty found in China's central Jiangsu Province, Satoshi Yamaguchi told reporters.

People who introduced irrigation techniques to the Japanese archipelago in the Yayoi Period (250 B.C.-300) were believed to have come to Japan either from the Korean Peninsula across the Tsushima Strait, or from northern China across the Yellow Sea.

The latest findings, however, bolster another theory suggesting the origin of the Yayoi people was an area south of the Yangtze, which is believed to be the birthplace of irrigated rice cultivation.

Yamaguchi, a researcher at Japan's National Science Museum, said the researchers compared Yayoi remains found in Yamaguchi and Fukuoka prefectures with those from early Han (202 B.C.-8) in Jiangsu in a three-year project begun in 1996.

The researchers found many similarities between the skulls and limbs of Yayoi people and the Jiangsu remains.

Two Jiangsu skulls showed spots where the front teeth had been pulled, a practice common in Japan in the Yayoi and preceding Jomon Period.

But the most persuasive findings resulted from tests revealing that genetic samples from three of 36 Jiangsu skeletons also matched part of the DNA base arrangements of samples from the Yayoi remains, the scientists said.

The Koreans and Japanese shows nearly the exact similar DNA. The first Yayoi may had been Chinese who migrated from China but the later Yayoi peroid was dominated massively by the migrations from the Korean penisula and even after the Yayoi peroid there had massive numbers of Baekje refugees from South Korea who migrated to Japan.

30cbwgg.jpg

They are basically in the same genetic cluster

screen-shot-2012-11-08-at-5-47-49-pm.png

Last edited:

HonkieSingie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barbarians

" China New Year celebrations tragedy: Shanghai New Year's Eve stampede leaves 36 dead after thousands 'surged forward to grab fake money thrown from bar "

[video=youtube;FqK_ZIw4IKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqK_ZIw4IKE[/video]

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
very difficult to dispute dna evidence, especially when it's related to migratory patterns.
The Koreans and Japanese shows nearly the exact similar DNA. The first Yayoi may had been Chinese who migrated from China but the later Yayoi peroid was dominated massively by the migrations from the Korean penisula and even after the Yayoi peroid there had massive numbers of Baekje refugees from South Korea who migrated to Japan.
Many thanks for replying again. :smile:

Speaking of migrations, I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me (since I'm not able to anyway), but I believe the first worldwide migration started about five thousand years ago, shortly after God destroyed the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel
and "confounded their language":
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-11-1_11-9
producing about seventy different languages:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel#Enumeration_of_scattered_languages
in ancient Mesopotamia or Babylonia (present-day Iraq), which happened probably only a few hundred years after the Great Flood:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_flood_narrative
orthodoxphotos.com/readings/LGOT/flood.shtml

I also don't believe all those non-religious "scientific" theories of "Evolution" that claim the Earth and humanity are "millions" or "billions" of years old; instead, I agree with:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism
wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology
wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_science
creationscience.com (Center for Scientific Creation | In the Beginning - Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood)

Hence, all humans still alive today are actually distant cousins of one another.
Physical racial differences are caused mainly by thousands of years of gradual evolution in different climates around the world, and possibly also caused by different diets.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong never boast about themselves being superior.

You obviously haven't lived and worked in Hongkieland before. They are ALWAYS boasting about being superior.

Hong Kong people are not Chinese.

They are VERY CHINESE. Stampede also sama sama like in PRC. So fucking noisy they don't the difference between revelry and tragedy:

HONG KONG (Reuter, AP, Press Association) - Twenty people died and 71 were injured when new year celebrations in Hong Kong turned from celebration to tragedy in the colony's night-club district. The Governor, Chris Patten, ordered an inquiry yesterday, saying lessons must be learnt before the Chinese new year festival in three weeks' time. The victims, including two Western teenagers and a Japanese, were killed as more than 15,000 revellers poured into a narrow, beer-slickened street after the stroke of midnight.

At least three of 17 people admitted to hospital were in a critical condition, officials said. Scores of others had to receive medical treatment. Police watched helplessly for several minutes, unable to reach the mostly teenage victims whom one officer said simply dropped from sight to be crushed underfoot in the chaos.

Many in the crowd, swigging champagne and beer, kept surging through the Lan Kwai Fong area, a warren of narrow alleys containing some of Hong Kong's trendiest bars and restaurants, unaware of the tragedy until it was too late.

'The crowd was very jocular and the people were enoying themselves. . . . Suddenly there was a rush and people were trampled underfoot,' said Chief Superintendent Justin Cunningham.

Mr Patten said the inquiry under a high court judge, Kemal Bokhary, should start early next week, as speed was essential to avoid similar chaos at the Lunar New Year, which has been marred by tragedies for the past two years.

Last February, 24 Vietnamese were burned alive during a riot at a boat people camp in the rural New Territories. Festivities for the 1990 Lunar New Year were also marred by a fatal boat accident as sightseers watched a fireworks display on crowded Hong Kong harbour. Since then strict harbour regulations have been imposed for the festival.

Residents who watched the raucous but initially harmless festivities on television awakened to shocking headlines and graphic photographs in their morning newspapers. 'It's unbelievable - waking up to this,' a man said.

Witnesses said thousands of revellers spilt out of bars into the narrow streets and rushed down steep D'Aguilar Street only to slip and tumble on cobblestones drenched with beer and party foam. One witness said it was impossible to distinguish between revellers' whoops and victims' agonised screams. 'When people started getting crushed, it was just noise, noise, noise,' said an American, Scott Anderson, who runs the Top Dog snack bar.

'There was no difference in the noise. The problem was just the sheer mass of people.' Mr Anderson said he and other shopkeepers tried to ease the crush outside by pulling people off the crammed street. 'A few minutes later there were bodies lying in the street,' he said. 'It was like a war zone. I've never seen a scene like that.'

The 13 men and seven women who died were mostly teen-agers and people in their twenties. They included three foreign men: Koji Niizeki, 27, from Japan; Jodu Fullerton, 18, from Canada, and Michael Frith, 15, from Britain. Frith was the son of a Royal Hong Kong Police Force district commander.

Once largely a celebration for young expatriates, new year's eve in Hong Kong has in recent years become an attraction for local Chinese youth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/20-killed-in-hong-kong-stampede-1476034.html

HonkieSingie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously haven't lived and worked in Hongkieland before. They are ALWAYS boasting about being superior.

They are VERY CHINESE. Stampede also sama sama like in PRC. So fucking noisy they don't the difference between revelry and tragedy:

HONG KONG (Reuter, AP, Press Association) - Twenty people died and 71 were injured when new year celebrations in Hong Kong turned from celebration to tragedy in the colony's night-club district. The Governor, Chris Patten, ordered an inquiry yesterday, saying lessons must be learnt before the Chinese new year festival in three weeks' time. The victims, including two Western teenagers and a Japanese, were killed as more than 15,000 revellers poured into a narrow, beer-slickened street after the stroke of midnight.

At least three of 17 people admitted to hospital were in a critical condition, officials said. Scores of others had to receive medical treatment. Police watched helplessly for several minutes, unable to reach the mostly teenage victims whom one officer said simply dropped from sight to be crushed underfoot in the chaos.

Many in the crowd, swigging champagne and beer, kept surging through the Lan Kwai Fong area, a warren of narrow alleys containing some of Hong Kong's trendiest bars and restaurants, unaware of the tragedy until it was too late.

'The crowd was very jocular and the people were enoying themselves. . . . Suddenly there was a rush and people were trampled underfoot,' said Chief Superintendent Justin Cunningham.

Mr Patten said the inquiry under a high court judge, Kemal Bokhary, should start early next week, as speed was essential to avoid similar chaos at the Lunar New Year, which has been marred by tragedies for the past two years.

Last February, 24 Vietnamese were burned alive during a riot at a boat people camp in the rural New Territories. Festivities for the 1990 Lunar New Year were also marred by a fatal boat accident as sightseers watched a fireworks display on crowded Hong Kong harbour. Since then strict harbour regulations have been imposed for the festival.

Residents who watched the raucous but initially harmless festivities on television awakened to shocking headlines and graphic photographs in their morning newspapers. 'It's unbelievable - waking up to this,' a man said.

Witnesses said thousands of revellers spilt out of bars into the narrow streets and rushed down steep D'Aguilar Street only to slip and tumble on cobblestones drenched with beer and party foam. One witness said it was impossible to distinguish between revellers' whoops and victims' agonised screams. 'When people started getting crushed, it was just noise, noise, noise,' said an American, Scott Anderson, who runs the Top Dog snack bar.

'There was no difference in the noise. The problem was just the sheer mass of people.' Mr Anderson said he and other shopkeepers tried to ease the crush outside by pulling people off the crammed street. 'A few minutes later there were bodies lying in the street,' he said. 'It was like a war zone. I've never seen a scene like that.'

The 13 men and seven women who died were mostly teen-agers and people in their twenties. They included three foreign men: Koji Niizeki, 27, from Japan; Jodu Fullerton, 18, from Canada, and Michael Frith, 15, from Britain. Frith was the son of a Royal Hong Kong Police Force district commander.

Once largely a celebration for young expatriates, new year's eve in Hong Kong has in recent years become an attraction for local Chinese youth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/20-killed-in-hong-kong-stampede-1476034.html

You chose something that happened in 1993.

If Compare with China than Hong Kong is like a little dust and China is a huge fire.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Compare with China than Hong Kong is like a little dust and China is a huge fire.

Taiwanese also like PRC tourists during the late 80s and 90s after martial law lifted.....
Since the they have evolved culturally

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You keep on bashing shanghainese for being boastful while you brag about how good HK is so that means others have a right to hate on HK ppl and even worse you aren't even a HK person.

HonkieSingie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You keep on bashing shanghainese for being boastful while you brag about how good HK is so that means others have a right to hate on HK ppl and even worse you aren't even a HK person.

My father from Hong Kong but mother is from Singapore. I never said Hong Kong was perfect and cherry picking a few incidents that happened decades ago is nothing.

What about the milk scandal in 2008 that happened in North China? harming thousands of babies... it was such s international shame.
What about in Hangzhou suicide case, hundreds of Chinese stood by taking photos of the Chinese women drowning until one foreign European women rescued her ? Racial disgrace to Chinese
What about about the countless cases of Sichuan truck driver running over childrens?

I could go on and on about these half savage communist chinks. Only India and Africa makes China look good.

With all the negative news of China the world is disrespected Chinese and also these China men are desexualizing the image of Asian males with their nasty habbits and behaviours. I noticed a increasing comments on the relationships boards with other Asians claiming China males spoiling the status and image of Asian males.

Ironically this video was made by Chinese from mainland China from shanghai.

[video=youtube;Eb20RAip3l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb20RAip3l0[/video]

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My father from Hong Kong but mother is from Singapore. I never said Hong Kong was perfect and cherry picking a few incidents that happened decades ago is nothing.

What about the milk scandal in 2008 that happened in North China? harming thousands of babies... it was such s international shame.
What about in Hangzhou suicide case, hundreds of Chinese stood by taking photos of the Chinese women drowning until one foreign European women rescued her ? Racial disgrace to Chinese
What about about the countless cases of Sichuan truck driver running over childrens?

I could go on and on about these half savage communist chinks. Only India and Africa makes China look good.

With all the negative news of China the world is disrespected Chinese and also these China men are desexualizing the image of Asian males with their nasty habbits and behaviours. I noticed a increasing comments on the relationships boards with other Asians claiming China males spoiling the status and image of Asian males.

Ironically this video was made by Chinese from mainland China from shanghai.

you forgot is it? You're only supposed to bring up stuff done by shanghainese ppl. shanghai is considered south china.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many thanks for replying again. :smile:

Speaking of migrations, I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me (since I'm not able to anyway), but I believe the first worldwide migration started about five thousand years ago, shortly after God destroyed the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel
and "confounded their language":

I also don't believe all those non-religious "scientific" theories of "Evolution" that claim the Earth and humanity are "millions" or "billions" of years old; instead, I agree with:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

Have the courtesy not to disrupt threads by proffering a religious doctrine in the course of debating a strictly secular issue (Shanghainese versus other Chinese).

Conduct this kind of religious crap in the religious folder instead. We are a secular forum.