• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Independent Claimed that Chan Chun Sing is a liar and cheat in Parliament

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the incident that I related there was not single porlumpar from the grassroots in sight. Only the SO knocked on their door to find if the parents were in. Clearly he understood that the family would have appreciated the privacy. This guy stands head and shoulders over CCS. The only think that worries me is that his voice sounds like LHL.

TCJ has the capability of impressing people from all political persuasions. Even opposition supporters have praised him for job well done.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear brothers and sisters

The Independent claimed that Chan Chun Sing is a serial liar and lied to the parliament.

below is the statement from The Independent.

Chan Chun Sing knows – social media gets abuzz with evidence of PA’s partiality

http://theindependent.sg/chan-chun-...a-gets-abuzz-with-evidence-of-pas-partiality/

AkdbHJ3.gif

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
People’s Association is not partisan?

Posted on April 14, 2016 by Leong

People’s Association is not partisan

I refer to the article “People’s Association is not partisan: Chan Chun Sing” (Channel NewsAsia, Apr 14).

It states that “”The PA is a statutory board. It executes the directions for the Government of the day, as per any statutory board. The PA does not allow any political activity or canvassing on our premises or in our activities. And we certainly do not mobilise anyone for any political party,” Mr Chan reiterated.

“If Ms Lim has any such evidence of wrongdoing, you can let me know, and I guarantee you I will follow up. I will be the last person to ever allow the PA to be politicised.””

PA is “not partisan”?

GIven that the PA is “not partisan” –

… why was there a transfer of the leases of 26 community sites in Aljunied, from the Town Council to the People’s Association?

… why is it that requests from opposition town councils to use facilities managed by the PA were rejected?

… why is it that for RC activities in opposition wards – the PAP Branch Chairman and Grassroots Advisor (normally the losing PAP candidate), are typically invited?

… why are Community Clubs generally not open to opposition MPs for community purposes?

… why is it that the Community Improvement Projects Committee (CIPC) disburses its funds through the CCCs’ recommendations?

… why is it that from 2011 to 2015, AHPETC did not receive any CIPC funds (about 17 projects were approved in 2013, but work has not started on any of them as of September 2015)?

… why are HDB upgrading projects handled through the grassroots advisor, instead of the opposition MP of the constituency?

Leong Sze Hian

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/exposed-me...man-is-bukit-batok-rc-chairman-and-pa-member/

EXPOSED: Merchants’ association’s Chairman is Bukit Batok RC Chairman and PA member

By The Independent - April 18, 2016

It was reported yesterday that the Bukit Batok Merchants’ Association has thrown its weight behind the People’s Action Party (PAP)’s candidate for the upcoming by-election in Bukit Batok single member constituency, Mr Muralidharan Pillai.

The Association co-organised a carnival yesterday (17 Apr) to benefit about 360 lower-income households in Bukit Batok with Mr Pillai. The carnival organisers gave selected households 30 points which they could use to redeem groceries, free hair-cuts and job-search assistances.

The Chairman of Bukit Batok Merchants’ Association is Mr Ong Gee Hong.

Mr Ong is also the Chairman of Bukit Batok Zone 5 Residents’ Committee (RC).

RCs are grassroots organisations which come under the purview of the statutory board, People’s Association (PA).

Prominent blogger Andrew Loh who brought up the possibilities of conflicts of interests since the merchants’ association’s president is also a PA member and RC chairman, asked if Mr Pillai should have declined the collaboration in order not to bring the PA into disrepute or any controversy.

“Should not would-be Members of Parliament draw such a line so as to keep the grassroots unpoliticised, and seen to be so? Especially when he is involved in a very political by-election?” Mr Loh asked.

“This makes the deputy chairman of the PA, Chan Chun Sing, look like a complete idiot,” Mr Loh added.

Cabinet Minister and Deputy Chairman of the People’s Association (PA), Chan Chun Sing recently denied allegations that PA is partisan.

He responded to Workers’ Party chairman Sylvia Lim’s assertion that PA activists are mobilised to campaign for the ruling People’s Action Party’s candidates during elections as an example of its partiality.

“The PA is a statutory board. It executes the directions for the Government of the day, as per any statutory board. The PA does not allow any political activity or canvassing on our premises or in our activities. And we certainly do not mobilise anyone for any political party,” he alleged.

Mr Chan further asked Ms Lim to let him know if she has any evidence of wrongdoing by the PA.

“I guarantee you I will follow up. I will be the last person to ever allow the PA to be politicised,” Mr Chan said.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/letter-gra...sion-between-pap-and-pa-is-bad-on-the-ground/

LETTER: Grassroots leader says collusion between PAP and PA is bad on the ground

By The Independent - April 19, 2016

The following is a letter by a reader, Joe. Joe is a grassroots leader and asked that his identity be kept anonymous.

When I read in the news recently about Minister Chan Chun Sing declaring that (People’s Association) PA is not partisan, I could only burst out laughing. It’s an open secret that PA is beholden to PAP (People’s Action Party) and that PAP’s grassroots leaders would be a lot less effective if not for PA’s support.

Just ask any PA employee whether PA is truly non-partisan and watch the snigger on his/her face.

Many of the PA staff are biting their tongues and trying not to say too much regarding this saga because they don’t want to jeopardize their government jobs, especially in the current economic climate. They rather mute their conscience and bury their heads in the sand, which is pretty sad.

However, retaliation from the PAP is real as you can see how they don’t even spare Amos, who’s still a child, Roy, an ex-healthcare worker who used to work with HIV patients and WP, which is another political party that’s trying to run a town council for its residents.

This is how the PA supports the PAP:

Firstly, the PAP may have thousands of grassroots leaders. However, when they execute their activities and events, the PA is usually their hands and legs. You can almost describe the PA as a glorified event organizer for the PAP. PA provides facilities, manpower and all other kinds of logistical support.

Secondly, PA’s facilities, whether CCs, RCs and the many little rooms built under the HDB flats, are built using taxpayers’ money, and can be used easily by the PAP’s MPs. The Opposition, even if the MPs are elected, are mostly not allowed to use them to hold their own events. All kinds of hurdles and reasons are given whenever the Opposition try to do something, which naturally caused them to give up.

Thirdly, sometimes, it can be difficult to distinguish whether a particular event is by the PA or the PAP and I believe that this is deliberate. I spoke to a resident once who was surprised to find out that the usual weekend events near his block were organized by the PA and not the PAP. These outreach events are very effective in allowing the PAP to touch almost every single resident, courtesy of the PA acting as a proxy. A good example would the Pioneer Generation Package, which basically helped the PAP win the votes from the senior citizens last year.

Lastly, PA has its own in-house training institute called NACLI (National Community Leadership Institute). They conduct many free courses exclusively for PAP grassroots leaders and as you can see from their website, these courses are geared to help them win over residents.

Some of these courses also include finance and auditing training, which is ironic, because PA was actually flagged by the AGO last year for several financial lapses. This means that you actually have to give some credit to the WP (Workers’ Party), because despite their lack of resources, they still managed to run a town council without being hauled in by the CPIB.

What about the current case against the AHTC (Aljunied Hougang Town Council) in the newspapers? Well, just think about it. The mainstream media is controlled by the PAP. The PAP has also effectively shut-down cyberspace when they forcibly closed TRS and a few “balanced” socio-political sites conveniently sprang up at the same time to soak up the readers who were lost by TRS. The Opposition has lost the social media battle. The PAP’s internet brigade is real and is well-organized.

Do you think you’re reading the full story about the AHTC in the newspapers? They have done a very good job to discredit the WP and most Singaporeans are not aware of it.

The Opposition in Singapore has a very hard time fighting against the PAP because it controls the mainstream media, the PA juggernaut and now, the social media as well. Do most Singapore know how incredibly lopsided is our political landscape? I don’t think so.

So is the PA non-partisan? Of course not.

Perhaps Minister Chan is not aware how bad the situation is on the ground. If he is really interested in fixing this, one suggestion is for him to set up some kind of email hotline for anonymous feedback. However, if what he had claimed in the papers is just mere rhetoric, then I only have this to say: My dear comrades, I think we have gone far enough.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/exposed-me...man-is-bukit-batok-rc-chairman-and-pa-member/

EXPOSED: Merchants’ association’s Chairman is Bukit Batok RC Chairman and PA member

By The Independent - April 18, 2016

Merchant's Association are part of the CCC/PA cabal. And the Chairmans are usually like their masters, philanderers, ah longs, pedophiles, cross dressers brown nosers. And what is it? I heard PA is non partisan? I don't think I am being uncivilized when I say kan ni na bu cheebye PAP!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...empty vessels masturbating each other....
Ong YK will not have a chance to succeed Lee HL...
simple analysis....
Lee HL is already 64 y.o....even if he stayed another 2 terms until 74 y.o. (anyway i doubt he will stay beyond 70 y.o.)...which is 10 years down the line.....
Ong YK will still not be ready to take over as PM....as he is only acting Ministar now...
truly retarded....

Pse bookmarked this.....to be revisited when the next PM is confirmed...

Take it easy kukudoggie! Don't get upset so easily. Don't take things too seriously in an online forum, moron!

jah rastafar terrier

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, this post deserves a separate thread. This letter exposes the bloody cabinet Minister and the supposed servant of the country is either a gullible idiot or in the words of the great swamp to first world founding father - a congenital liar.

http://theindependent.sg/letter-gra...sion-between-pap-and-pa-is-bad-on-the-ground/

LETTER: Grassroots leader says collusion between PAP and PA is bad on the ground

By The Independent - April 19, 2016

The following is a letter by a reader, Joe. Joe is a grassroots leader and asked that his identity be kept anonymous.

When I read in the news recently about Minister Chan Chun Sing declaring that (People’s Association) PA is not partisan, I could only burst out laughing. It’s an open secret that PA is beholden to PAP (People’s Action Party) and that PAP’s grassroots leaders would be a lot less effective if not for PA’s support.

Just ask any PA employee whether PA is truly non-partisan and watch the snigger on his/her face.

Many of the PA staff are biting their tongues and trying not to say too much regarding this saga because they don’t want to jeopardize their government jobs, especially in the current economic climate. They rather mute their conscience and bury their heads in the sand, which is pretty sad.

However, retaliation from the PAP is real as you can see how they don’t even spare Amos, who’s still a child, Roy, an ex-healthcare worker who used to work with HIV patients and WP, which is another political party that’s trying to run a town council for its residents.

This is how the PA supports the PAP:

Firstly, the PAP may have thousands of grassroots leaders. However, when they execute their activities and events, the PA is usually their hands and legs. You can almost describe the PA as a glorified event organizer for the PAP. PA provides facilities, manpower and all other kinds of logistical support.

Secondly, PA’s facilities, whether CCs, RCs and the many little rooms built under the HDB flats, are built using taxpayers’ money, and can be used easily by the PAP’s MPs. The Opposition, even if the MPs are elected, are mostly not allowed to use them to hold their own events. All kinds of hurdles and reasons are given whenever the Opposition try to do something, which naturally caused them to give up.

Thirdly, sometimes, it can be difficult to distinguish whether a particular event is by the PA or the PAP and I believe that this is deliberate. I spoke to a resident once who was surprised to find out that the usual weekend events near his block were organized by the PA and not the PAP. These outreach events are very effective in allowing the PAP to touch almost every single resident, courtesy of the PA acting as a proxy. A good example would the Pioneer Generation Package, which basically helped the PAP win the votes from the senior citizens last year.

Lastly, PA has its own in-house training institute called NACLI (National Community Leadership Institute). They conduct many free courses exclusively for PAP grassroots leaders and as you can see from their website, these courses are geared to help them win over residents.

Some of these courses also include finance and auditing training, which is ironic, because PA was actually flagged by the AGO last year for several financial lapses. This means that you actually have to give some credit to the WP (Workers’ Party), because despite their lack of resources, they still managed to run a town council without being hauled in by the CPIB.

What about the current case against the AHTC (Aljunied Hougang Town Council) in the newspapers? Well, just think about it. The mainstream media is controlled by the PAP. The PAP has also effectively shut-down cyberspace when they forcibly closed TRS and a few “balanced” socio-political sites conveniently sprang up at the same time to soak up the readers who were lost by TRS. The Opposition has lost the social media battle. The PAP’s internet brigade is real and is well-organized.

Do you think you’re reading the full story about the AHTC in the newspapers? They have done a very good job to discredit the WP and most Singaporeans are not aware of it.

The Opposition in Singapore has a very hard time fighting against the PAP because it controls the mainstream media, the PA juggernaut and now, the social media as well. Do most Singapore know how incredibly lopsided is our political landscape? I don’t think so.

So is the PA non-partisan? Of course not.

Perhaps Minister Chan is not aware how bad the situation is on the ground. If he is really interested in fixing this, one suggestion is for him to set up some kind of email hotline for anonymous feedback. However, if what he had claimed in the papers is just mere rhetoric, then I only have this to say: My dear comrades, I think we have gone far enough.