• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PROOF that religion is bullshit

Cream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Other cases

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....under-faces-the-music&highlight=Church+pastor

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ge-and-lying-to-officer&p=1188317#post1188317

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-name-remains-a-mystery&p=1665258#post1665258

Pastor accused of hurting man in road rage incident

st_20160414_ahcheo14tay_2214952.jpg

Cheo (left) allegedly cursed at Mr Tay (right) and challenged him to a fight. He is also accused of closing Mr Tay's van door on him, causing it to hit the 60-year-old businessman's forehead and hip.ST PHOTOS: WONG KWAI CHOW

Published 1 hour ago
Amir Hussain

A church pastor allegedly challenged another road user to a fight along an expressway and caused hurt to the latter when he declined to do so, a court heard yesterday.

Daniel Cheo Guan Beng, 46, a pastor with Impact Life Church, is accused of closing Mr Tay Kim Beng's van door on him, causing it to hit the businessman, 60, on his forehead and hip.

The alleged road rage incident took place on the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) near the Paya Lebar flyover on Jan 13 last year.

Cheo denies his single charge of voluntarily causing hurt.

Mr Tay, a managing director with Nitaki Machine Movers, told the court on the first day of the trial that Cheo had been driving an Alfa Romeo and had signalled for him to stop his Renault Kangoo.

After both pulled over on the expressway, Cheo allegedly walked "aggressively" up to Mr Tay, pointed his finger at his nose and called him "chao ah kua" and "chao ah beng", derogatory Hokkien terms.

In a "very aggressive" tone, Cheo allegedly then said: "You want to hit me, is it? (sic) Go ahead, hit me."

Through a Mandarin interpreter, Mr Tay said he tried to get back in the driver's seat, but Cheo allegedly closed the door on him, and then grabbed his hand and pulled him out. Cheo purportedly then challenged him to a fight again. "I can remember him saying 'you hit me la, you hit me, lah'," Mr Tay testified.

Back in his office in Tampines, Mr Tay called a grassroots leader, a lawyer, who advised him to make a police report.

Asked byDeputy Public Prosecutor Tan Ee Kuan why he had stopped on the road, Mr Tay said: "There was some misunderstanding and the other party wanted me to stop, so I had to stop to find out what was going on."

Moments before, he had been driving behind Cheo, who was slowing down and accelerating intermittently, he said. Mr Tay saw a passenger in the front seat take some photos of his van, and he told his front passenger to also take photos of the car with his phone.

Mr Tay disagreed with Cheo's lawyer, Mr Adrian Wee, that he knew what had sparked the incident. But Mr Wee pointed out that he had told police that he had honked at Cheo - by accident - on the expressway near Farrer Road.

"The vehicle's male driver seemed unhappy and I saw that he deliberately jam brake (sic) in front of my vehicle several times," Mr Tay's police report read.

In court, Mr Tay changed his evidence, saying Cheo did not brake at all, although his speed was "erratic". He denied Mr Wee's accusation that he was tailing Cheo because the passenger had taken photos of his van. "I was not looking for trouble," Mr Tay said.

Mr Tay also denied having been "actively engaged in a disagreement on the road", when this was put to him by Cheo's lawyer.

The trial continues today before District Judge Shawn Ho.

The maximum punishment for voluntarily causing hurt is two years' jail and a $5,000 fine.

AhLeePaPa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pastor's defense should be I maintain my integrity, I don't remember, I leave all the punching to my disciples. ABBAaaaaaaaa!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pastors are supposed to be role models of the faith they profess. However, we must not put them on a pedestal that regards them as the holiest of saints. After all , they are but sinners saved by grace. Let God be true and every man a liar ( Rom 3:4 )

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u would think these religious people would be spiritual and at peace,instead many of them seems to be filled with vengence and hatred and anger.....nothing smacks of hypocrisy than religious people,they seems to be unable to percieve their own biasness and prejudice and hatred for people that do not conform to their ideals.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u would think these religious people would be spiritual and at peace,instead many of them seems to be filled with vengence and hatred and anger.....nothing smacks of hypocrisy than religious people,they seems to be unable to percieve their own biasness and prejudice and hatred for people that do not conform to their ideals.

Well said. Good rule of thumb: the more fervent and judgmental you are, the more hypocritical.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are pastors supposed to be role models? Have they performed exceptionally well in their studies? Have they built companies that manufacture goods for society. Do they like farmers grow vegetables and supply us with food? Do they service our lifts so that we can go to work with little difficulty? Are they brave as our fireman who lives are in danger in the course of their work.

What exactly do they contribute to society except live off gullible people? Will the World fall apart if they do not exist unlike the farmer, the entrepreneur, the fireman, the lift technician as well the sales assistance at 7-11 who does the midnight shift.

Pastors are supposed to be role models of the faith they profess. However, we must not put them on a pedestal that regards them as the holiest of saints. After all , they are but sinners saved by grace. Let God be true and every man a liar ( Rom 3:4 )

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are pastors supposed to be role models? Have they performed exceptionally well in their studies? Have they built companies that manufacture goods for society. Do they like farmers grow vegetables and supply us with food? Do they service our lifts so that we can go to work with little difficulty? Are they brave as our fireman who lives are in danger in the course of their work.

What exactly do they contribute to society except live off gullible people? Will the World fall apart if they do not exist unlike the farmer, the entrepreneur, the fireman, the lift technician as well the sales assistance at 7-11 who does the midnight shift.

They are role models of the faith because people look up to them for spiritual guidance and leadership.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a good way of looking at the issue...what is a pastor's worth to society? ...other than to leech on the ignorant and faithful:(

I personally know of one old pastor who had only got 3 o levels, unwilling to serve his national service and chosed to go into some sort of church programme to become a pastor, thus able to get an exemption from NS (back then when this sneaky option was still available to these samseng kias). Today he is song song driving a big Mercedes everywhere....as compared to his contemporaries who lead ordinary lives, work for MNCs as executives over 30 years, but yet now, near to retirement, barely make it and still lead ordinary lives, sans any motor transport, dependent upon public transport...fair???:confused:

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are role models of the faith because people look up to them for spiritual guidance and leadership.

First, role models live by their example, not by preaching dogma. Second, true spirituality permeates all facets of life, not just pertaining to the worship of a deity based on words from dusty millennia-old manuscripts and ossified centuries-old rituals.

A strong and compassionate politician guiding his nation to greatness is a spiritual role model. As is a teacher putting her soul into nurturing generations of educated and moral youth. As is the padi farmer breaking his back every day to put food on his – and your – table. As is a journalist putting his life on the line bringing you news and pictures from the world's war zones.

I can go on, but you get my drift.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First, role models live by their example, not by preaching dogma. Second, true spirituality permeates all facets of life, not just pertaining to the worship of a deity based on words from dusty millennia-old manuscripts and ossified centuries-old rituals.

A strong and compassionate politician guiding his nation to greatness is a spiritual role model. As is a teacher putting her soul into nurturing generations of educated and moral youth. As is the padi farmer breaking his back every day to put food on his – and your – table. As is a journalist putting his life on the line bringing you news and pictures from the world's war zones.

I can go on, but you get my drift.

That 's exactly what I mean. If you are a pastor , people expect you to "walk the talk". You have to live out your faith so that what you preach is in line with your life. If not, you are nothing but a resounding gong and clanging cymbals.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That 's exactly what I mean. If you are a pastor , people expect you to "walk the talk". You have to live out your faith so that what you preach is in line with your life. If not, you are nothing but a resounding gong and clanging cymbals.

Point noted.

But let's be clear about something too: Many people in society, not just pastors, function as role models. On the other hand, while everyone should strive to live his life by example, to the extent that humans are imperfect and flawed, we should cut others some slack. Pastors are human too, so we shouldn't hold them to a higher moral standard than say, doctors or lawyers or prime ministers. (Professional standards are another matter altogether.) A pastor is not necessarily a 'better' person than you or me or the cleaner next door, though he's more likely to fail the hypocrisy test because his 'job scope' requires him to preach some version of morals and ethics.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christians cannot get angry one har?

Christians also human lah!! Can get angry once in a while.

That is why we need Jesus. To help us manage our anger.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Point noted.

But let's be clear about something too: Many people in society, not just pastors, function as role models. On the other hand, while everyone should strive to live his life by example, to the extent that humans are imperfect and flawed, we should cut others some slack. Pastors are human too, so we shouldn't hold them to a higher moral standard than say, doctors or lawyers or prime ministers. (Professional standards are another matter altogether.) A pastor is not necessarily a 'better' person than you or me or the cleaner next door, though he's more likely to fail the hypocrisy test because his 'job scope' requires him to preach some version of morals and ethics.

Exactly, it would be foolhardy to hold religious teachers to a higher moral standard. One would be disappointed, because they are mere humans. I have no qualms telling off priests, pastors, monks, rubbis, etc. I learned it a long time ago from Dennis DeYoung. Check out the lyrics.

[video=youtube;fX1o6DiogDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX1o6DiogDM[/video]

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Point noted.

Pastors are human, but the world sees them as "more equal" than other professions because they epitome the moral of society. They are to guide the believers to know the truth and walk in the light.

"But if the salt loses its savor,what is it good for? It is better to throw it away "

Pastors need to be constantly aware of temptations and "put on the whole armor of God" lest they fall.

Last edited:

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pastors need to constantly be aware of temptations and "put on the whole armor of God" lest they fall.
That includes refusing to receive money in the form of "donations", let alone charge money like what some "churches" do. :wink:

That also includes refusing to support any government or political party in any country because if that is what Jesus Christ wanted them to do, He would not have said:
kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-18-36
("Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.")
wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_by_the_sword,_die_by_the_sword
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-26-52
(“Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” )

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that all priests/pastors/monks/nuns who are members of any organized "Christian" group or "church" that is registered with any government in any country (i.e. depending on that government's approval for their existence) are false Christians.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That includes refusing to receive money in the form of "donations", let alone charge money like what some "churches" do. :wink:

That also includes refusing to support any government or political party in any country because if that is what Jesus Christ wanted them to do, He would not have said:
kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-18-36
("Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.")
wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_by_the_sword,_die_by_the_sword
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-26-52
(“Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” )

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that all priests/pastors/monks/nuns who are members of any organized "Christian" group or "church" that is registered with any government in any country (i.e. depending on that government's approval for their existence) are false Christians.

The two quotes can be taken out of context if they are not read in the entirety of the scriptural passage.

Read in its proper context, they mean that Jesus' mission on earth was not that of a earthly king sent to redeem Israel from Rome's occupation but that he was sent of God to redeem man from the wrath of God because of their sin.
The Jews including his disciples wanted him to be their earthly King, but he made it clear that that was not the kind of kingdom that he came to establish. He came to establish a heavenly kingdom.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pastors are human, but the world sees them as "more equal" than other professions because they epitome the moral of society. They are to guide the believers to know the truth and walk in the light.

"The world" is an exaggeration.

The non-Christian world definitely does not hold pastors to a higher standard or see them as the moral apotheosis of society, nor do many sensible liberal New Age Christians. In Buddhism, for instance, the truly enlightened monk maybe leading a small group of acolytes in a mountain abbey, while the chief abbot could be frolicking with women and engaging in political intrigue. Same for power-hungry or paedophilic cardinals in the Vatican. Or Ayatollahs glorifying terrorism.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Jews including his disciples wanted him to be their earthly King, but he made it clear that that was not the kind of kingdom that he came to establish. He came to establish a heavenly kingdom.
Hence, should the followers of Jesus Christ follow His example of refusing to be a slave of any earthly government, in order to arrive at His Heavenly Kingdom?
Or follow the example of, say, the PAP and LHL to arrive at earthly prosperity? :wink: