• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GCP Upset With Racist Friend Who Hates Her Rich Keling Kia BF!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
12705189_10207263035029009_3420235961169621541_n.jpg

Today, I heard from someone very close to me that she's a racist and that she hates my boyfriend (who's Indian, I'm Chinese) because he's 'black'. She proudly declared it to me. It didn't come as a shock to me initially because I always knew she was a closet racist, as are many people her age here in Singapore. The strange thing was, my boyfriend and I have been together for over four years and she had always welcomed and greeted him with a smile and some obligatory small talk.

So on this day, she let it all go on me and briefly mentioned something about ISIS. Was it the sudden outburst of terrorism and violence that had unleashed her unhappiness? I couldn't argue. She was manically shouting about hating 'black' people and Muslims. Basically, all people of colour to her was 'smelly' and 'disgusting'.

I had to stop her there. I had taken offence long enough. I started quoting something MLK said off my head and she immediately went like, yeah but he's black. So I replied with a startled "AND?" And she replied me with a swift sentence, "he's black. So is Obama and his entire family. He's a disgrace."

This woman I'm writing about is a pretty decently educated Chinese middle class female in Singapore that watches and reads the news daily and frequently. Yet being in this time and age with information readily available to her via her 5 handy Apple gadgets, she was still adamant on her stance. Funny thing is, she isn't THAT religious. She only takes attendance on special occasions. So why was she hating other religions that aren't her own? It irked me to hear her bash other religions so aggressively. This isn't strange of course. Hateful religious groups are rampant the world over. But she woke me up.

I read an article yesterday about a student from Zimbabwe who's currently studying in Yale-NUS, who talked about how she was constantly being fed with racism everywhere in Singapore. Both from the younger and older generation. Taxi drivers who refused to drive her and staff who rudely dismissed her. This might seem like a small problem at hand but it is a lot bigger than you think. Everywhere in the world, there are bigoted people who refuse to be open to the idea that there could be diversity. There are bigoted people who judges based on skin colour and one's physical appearance. There are bigoted people who hate instead of understanding. Why do we live in a society where people pretend to understand when they don't actually do?

The argument with racism stems way far back and as a 21 year old, I genuinely thought that everyone already got the whole picture. That ethnicity, nationality and race does not define a person. So many brave souls have stepped up to talk about the issue and yet, things like this still happens regularly every day.
Okay so back to the problem at hand-

She adores our late Minister Mentor Lee Kwan Yew, a respected person everywhere for his efforts in helping Singapore move on into the 21st century and building its own identity in the world. He is someone who stressed on something called 'racial harmony'. So much so that we celebrate 'Racial Harmony Day' in Singapore.

The hypocrisy is almost too much. She bought me my first kebaya (traditional Malay outfit) to wear to Racial Harmony Day in school. She still chats and laughs with the friendly Malay Muslim store lady. She is always polite to the old Indian Muslim shopkeeper and greets him with a smile. She buys food home for the Indian security guards in her apartment block. She dotes on and gushes about the cute Indian boy living in her block.
Yet, she tells me proudly that she feels superior to every other race and that she dislikes all people of colour. Strange isn't it? Does she feel scared or afraid so she built up all the hate? Does this have anything to do with the recent aggression and spark of acts of terrorism all around the world?

It's just scary to think that she is one in possibly hundreds of thousands of people in Singapore alone to have almost the exact same mindset.
What would you do?

Edit: I saw quite a few comments when some of my Facebook friends shared this post saying that I never did try to talk to this person. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I did. She just wasn't open to listen and that's a huge problem on a bigger scale because for one, this proves that a whole community of small minded people who refuses to let anything remotely different affect their boring daily routines, exists. And they are everywhere. They are people who can never be open to more ideas, whether good or bad. Being stubborn or defensive about the things you believe in isn't wrong, but when you go out of your way to bring an opposing idea down, that's pretty much the lowest blow. Also, isn't this basically the root of every problem ever? Power. The need to be in an authoritative position. We need change. ASAP too.

https://www.facebook.com/CherylLaBeouf/posts/10207770936406226

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's face it. All of us are racist. Only to what extend and how close we are with the other person to share the secret.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm Burmese and I'm pretty dark and I don't like dark people. Does that make me racist?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has any of this got to do with the Old Man. Why even mention him. Just marry the bloke and forget about what others think.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good got her... No more chinese blood for her whatever kids. Her parents will be happy? :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You be surpised by the number of people who despise their own race. Some think they are angmos. Heard local Ah Lian trying to do angmo speak. Heard of Namwee from Kingston, Malaysia. I met a Ceylon Burgher before. The lady took great pains to say that she is anything but Asian and Sri Lanka despite her Sub continent accent. Of course the new phenomenon is whites claiming to be blacks to take advantage of opportunities and going to extent of afrodising the hair.

I'm Burmese and I'm pretty dark and I don't like dark people. Does that make me racist?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I once had an interesting argument with Robox at the old Delfi forum. He insisted that racism is a function of skin colour, i.e. only a fair-skinned individual can be guilty of racism against a darker-skinned person, and not the other way round. I said racism is a function of power – whoever wields political power in society – usually the majority – can be guilty of racism against a minority of any colour.

True, centuries of European colonialism have conditioned us to seeing racism as the white man oppressing dark-skinned natives. But today, where newly emancipated societies are being helmed and run by the natives themselves, darker-skinned majority folks are often guilty of racism against fairer-skinned minorities. Malaysia's Bumiputra policy (thinly disguised as 'affirmative action') is one example.

N.B. There's a world of difference between racial prejudice – which most possess to some degree or other – and racism, especially institutionalized racism, that consistently accords one race both tangible and intangible privileges over the others in the social, political and economic spheres. Think SAP schools, GRCs, Speak Mandarin Campaign, HDB racial quotas, self-help groups.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...But today, where newly emancipated societies are being helmed and run by the natives themselves, darker-skinned majority folks are often guilty of racism against fairer-skinned minorities. Malaysia's Bumiputra policy (thinly disguised as 'affirmative action') is one example.

Our dear ex-leader pushed the idea of "Asian Values". :wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You be surpised by the number of people who despise their own race. Some think they are angmos. Heard local Ah Lian trying to do angmo speak. Heard of Namwee from Kingston, Malaysia. I met a Ceylon Burgher before. The lady took great pains to say that she is anything but Asian and Sri Lanka despite her Sub continent accent. Of course the new phenomenon is whites claiming to be blacks to take advantage of opportunities and going to extent of afrodising the hair.

Hey nigger scrooballs a perfect example would be yourself a Chinese dog aka Chinese uncle Tom. Heard you really love m&ds and shit skins always using crab in a bucket yard stick to measure Chinese using yourself as an example to belittle all Chinese and elavate then them over all Chinese

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On this topic it's fucking stupid e same racist issues again whereby Chinese are again called racists and this time by another Chinese who somehow needs to force others to follow her way of thinking.

The Chinese dog syndrome of the Chinese is a big fucking problem. For other races they control it better. A m&d who is an uncle Tom will be culled by other m&ds. Same with blacks where the g
term uncle Tom was specifically used for traitor blacks. Ang mohs in the past would also punish their uncle toms one example would be Kevin Costner in dances with wolves but now due to liberal ideas taking a strong hold they aren't like that anymore.

More Chinese just need to be racially aware and know about the spread of the Chinese dog disease to make Chinese become subservient to other races by using racism whether it's by non Chinese or Chinese dogs themselves aka the chink uncle toms