• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does Lee Wei Ling feud with Brothers and SIL?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
"After the conference, I travelled to Ithaca to stay with a close friend. She, too, had lost a loved one recently. I thought we could console each other.

My friend is four years older and I call her jie jie ("elder sister" in Mandarin); in fact, being motherly is a more accurate description of her behaviour towards me. And when she greeted me, I had an immediate and overwhelming sense of belonging."

After reading the above, I was wondering whether LWL might be a closet lesbian.

Food for thought.

LKYvintage2.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
sir, pls keep it private and confidential .

lwl is just planning ahead for her sunset years.

she test water and know the results .

Yeah, she is planning to road to Ithaca and retire there. She dare to apply for US green card or not?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Whether she has a voice in the family fortune has nothing to do with being a co-executor. A co-executor basically just executes what is in the will. A co-executor does not decide who gets what.

I apologize, I meant to say trustee. My reference was to her absence from the family trust set up by her mother of which it appears that only the brother was a trustee. I am not referencing the will of her father.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
possible. i will do some groundwork and check on this.

i suspect pinky misses his PS who retired recently. latter more than capable of giving pinky good advice on how the game should be played, including black ops.

Its possible, but this should be the role of the Principal Private Secretary, a rank roughly equivalent to a Perm Sec or DY Perm Sec. The way the PAP is set up is a detriment to them too. They rotate their PPS and even Perm Secs on 2 or 3 year rotations. eg.Ng How Yue (kate spade tin's husband) was only Gay Loong's PPS for 3 years from 2008 to 2011. And before him, Lawrence Wong was PPS from 2005 to 2008. Penang Khaw was GCT's PPS from 1992 to 1995. PPS should be a person that follows the PM throughout his political career and through all the administrations that he leads. They should be on the same team. They should know each other like the back of their hands, and they should be like a confidant and right hand man. The PAP fuck themselves over by this rotation. Just when they can handle the job, they are transferred out. The PPS should be the ears and eyes of the PM and gate keeper for access of people and info to him. For many years, the eyes and ears of Old Fart was Hockstadt. He floated among various ministries, and knew everyone. He had an open door access to the PM's Office. Old Fart always knew what was going on thru people like Hockstadt. I don't think Gay Loong has such individuals working for him, and hence he is less able to control all this shit swirling around him between his sister and himself.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its possible, but this should be the role of the Principal Private Secretary, a rank roughly equivalent to a Perm Sec or DY Perm Sec. The way the PAP is set up is a detriment to them too. They rotate their PPS and even Perm Secs on 2 or 3 year rotations. eg.Ng How Yue (kate spade tin's husband) was only Gay Loong's PPS for 3 years from 2008 to 2011. And before him, Lawrence Wong was PPS from 2005 to 2008. Penang Khaw was GCT's PPS from 1992 to 1995. PPS should be a person that follows the PM throughout his political career and through all the administrations that he leads. They should be on the same team. They should know each other like the back of their hands, and they should be like a confidant and right hand man. The PAP fuck themselves over by this rotation. Just when they can handle the job, they are transferred out. The PPS should be the ears and eyes of the PM and gate keeper for access of people and info to him. For many years, the eyes and ears of Old Fart was Hockstadt. He floated among various ministries, and knew everyone. He had an open door access to the PM's Office. Old Fart always knew what was going on thru people like Hockstadt. I don't think Gay Loong has such individuals working for him, and hence he is less able to control all this shit swirling around him between his sister and himself.

Old fart probably got the idea from the Yes Minister series. He does not want the PPS or parliamentary Secretary to be more powderful than him

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Old fart probably got the idea from the Yes Minister series. He does not want the PPS or parliamentary Secretary to be more powderful than him

Hahahah, that's not hard to do. Even his own wife appears to be more powerful then him, and quite possibly Tharm too.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually most leaders and decision makers have very strong supporting staff/confidant gathering and feeding info to them. Good leaders do not have time to only dwell on one or two issues full time. He needs trusted, intelligent and reliable confidant who will only feedback the truth state of situation. I believed the old guards are doing very well as a team to solve people's challenges at that point in time.

Just like the legendary Justics Pau (包憎,包请天)has a very intelligent assistant Gongsun Che, investigating and feeding his findings to Justice Pau, so that Pau can make informed decisions.

Without these support, the leader is only feed by PLps which provide rubbish, hence rubbish in, rubbish out by the leeder which is what SG is seeing now.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like the legendary Justics Pau (包憎,包请天)has a very intelligent assistant Gongsun Che, investigating and feeding his findings to Justice Pau, so that Pau can make informed decisions.

It's 包拯. “憎” means hate.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL has a job to do which is accountant for GLCs money.

He only like to deal with numbers. When come to running the country he is a blur sotong.

The first test of his leadership is the Little India crisis which he is no where near the scene or involved in>

actually most leaders and decision makers have very strong supporting staff/confidant gathering and feeding info to them. Good leaders do not have time to only dwell on one or two issues full time. He needs trusted, intelligent and reliable confidant who will only feedback the truth state of situation. I believed the old guards are doing very well as a team to solve people's challenges at that point in time.

Without these support, the leader is only feed by PLps which provide rubbish, hence rubbish in, rubbish out by the leeder which is what SG is seeing now.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PPS isn't equivalent to PS or DS. I think it is a grade or 2 lower than PS. Quite a number served elsewhere after PPS posting and only made PS thereafter.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U know that is a good question. I don't know the answer. Its possible they were JC classmates. Not MUS classmates. That is because WMY was already in Cambridge reading medicine in the mid 70s when she met Gay Loong. LWL graduated from NUS medical faculty in 1978. So, they did not attend the same U. But maybe they were in the same JC? It does seem that WMY is a few years older then LWL though.

WMY may be one year older than LHL (NJC, after Catholic High).

LWL went to RI for Pre U (after Nanyang Girls School)

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she needs to check with lily neo how to 'maintain' herself. no wonder yang churi makaned.

May be Lily Neo has a very active life at home, eats nutritiously balanced meals, not too stressed from practising medicine, whereas the legal profession can be very stressful.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I noticed that all the controversial comments made by LWL is still on her FB page, she has not taken anything down at all. I guess the feud is still on and the hatchet is not buried. We will wait to see what further developments happen. It appears too that ST has been ordered to tone down the reporting of the all the Old Fart grovelling celebrations, as I have not see too many articles on them recently.