• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does Lee Wei Ling feud with Brothers and SIL?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So I have been mulling this whole feud over in my mind. Its has been 3 weeks since it started. And it seems to be on hiatus now. The Feud and comments between LWL and her brother and sis in law basically break down to 2 parts. The first part is concerning the scale and the timing of the celebrations for Old fart's 1 year death anniversary. And the other part, even more importantly is her accusation of Gay Loong's intention to start a dynasty.

I want to examine and put forth my 2 cents on this second part. A ruling dynasty by implications means that the PeeM intends to put forth one of his own prodigy to be eventually the next PeeM. Since he only has 3 sons (and one being albino), we can assume that he will select one of the remaining 2 sons. Tangentially, it could also mean that a son of LHY could be put forth as heir apparent too. This is a somewhat remote possibility, but would still count as a dynasty, should it happen.

The next question then becomes why is LWL so opposed to this potential dynasty. As noted in this thread, I had assume there was some animosity between LWL and her sis in law Whore Jinx. This could be very real, given the monkey middle finger episode. And she could even be miffed at her own brother the PeeM. But let’s remember who she really worships and respects. Her Papa. Her Papa has created a legacy, and is an integral part of the history and even culture of Singapore. Can we honestly say that his son Gay Loong has build on and enhanced his legacy? The plain answer is no. In fact, under Gay Loong’s watch, things have gotten much worse. We don’t have to elaborate on this. And LWL is not blind to this either.

What if she was told or found out that Gay Loong was advancing a particular son for a political career? Since these are her own nephews, she must know them better then any one in Singapore that is not immediate family. What if she, being the logical, methodical doctor that she is, has already assessed the capability, character and political acumen of this particular heir apparent. And found him completely lacking. So, what, you might ask? What has this got to do with her call against a dynasty?

Well, it turns out that if this grandson is totally lacking or even worse then the father (Gay Loong), not only will it damage the image and legacy of her papa, but it will also engender much ill will against her father and it will diminish in many ways his contributions and accomplishments for Singapore. Let’s face it, very few dynastic countries can count on 3 successive generations of great rulers. The Mongols had this with Genghis Khan, then Ogedai Khan, and finally Kublai Khan. The son of Old Fart is already well on his way to spending many of the accumulated goodwill of his father, and a poorly prepared grandson would diminish the father’s legacy even more. Will the Papa still be a respected figure in Singapore should this happen? Yes, he will. But will his legacy be lessen because of this? Yes, it will. And we are talking here about a dedicated daughter who will not give even one inch when it comes to any reduction in the status of her father.

I think LWL might have already made this assessment on the capabilities of Gay Loong’s sons and viewed with alarm the prospect of one them tarnishing her papa’s legacy. She might have tried to dissuade the brother from nominating the son for the political arena but failed to do so due to the ambition of Whore Jinx. Resorting to her FB and the social media to accuse her brother of perpetrating a political dynasty was probably the last resort. What if the intended son was a spitting image of her Papa with his same strengths, force of character, eloquence, bright mind, etc. Would LWL still have stood in the way of a political dynasty? I doubt so. She might have welcomed and supported the nomination, if this grandson was even half of her papa.

SO, this brings us to the frightening conclusion that even their own aunt considers NONE of Gay Loong’s offspring to be acceptable future PeeMs of Singapore. Will Gay Loong and wife push one through into the political arena in the future, anyway? Probably. Will he be the best person to run Singapore. Not even close. Should we all be frightened? Damn right. Just my 2 cents.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So I have been mulling this whole feud over in my mind. Its has been 3 weeks since it started. And it seems to be on hiatus now. The Feud and comments between LWL and her brother and sis in law basically break down to 2 parts. The first part is concerning the scale and the timing of the celebrations for Old fart's 1 year death anniversary. And the other part, even more importantly is her accusation of Gay Loong's intention to start a dynasty.

I want to examine and put forth my 2 cents on this second part. A ruling dynasty by implications means that the PeeM intends to put forth one of his own prodigy to be eventually the next PeeM. Since he only has 3 sons (and one being albino), we can assume that he will select one of the remaining 2 sons. Tangentially, it could also mean that a son of LHY could be put forth as heir apparent too. This is a somewhat remote possibility, but would still count as a dynasty, should it happen.

The next question then becomes why is LWL so opposed to this potential dynasty. As noted in this thread, I had assume there was some animosity between LWL and her sis in law Whore Jinx. This could be very real, given the monkey middle finger episode. And she could even be miffed at her own brother the PeeM. But let’s remember who she really worships and respects. Her Papa. Her Papa has created a legacy, and is an integral part of the history and even culture of Singapore. Can we honestly say that his son Gay Loong has build on and enhanced his legacy? The plain answer is no. In fact, under Gay Loong’s watch, things have gotten much worse. We don’t have to elaborate on this. And LWL is not blind to this either.

What if she was told or found out that Gay Loong was advancing a particular son for a political career? Since these are her own nephews, she must know them better then any one in Singapore that is not immediate family. What if she, being the logical, methodical doctor that she is, has already assessed the capability, character and political acumen of this particular heir apparent. And found him completely lacking. So, what, you might ask? What has this got to do with her call against a dynasty?

Well, it turns out that if this grandson is totally lacking or even worse then the father (Gay Loong), not only will it damage the image and legacy of her papa, but it will also engender much ill will against her father and it will diminish in many ways his contributions and accomplishments for Singapore. Let’s face it, very few dynastic countries can count on 3 successive generations of great rulers. The Mongols had this with Genghis Khan, then Ogedai Khan, and finally Kublai Khan. The son of Old Fart is already well on his way to spending many of the accumulated goodwill of his father, and a poorly prepared grandson would diminish the father’s legacy even more. Will the Papa still be a respected figure in Singapore should this happen? Yes, he will. But will his legacy be lessen because of this? Yes, it will. And we are talking here about a dedicated daughter who will not give even one inch when it comes to any reduction in the status of her father.

I think LWL might have already made this assessment on the capabilities of Gay Loong’s sons and viewed with alarm the prospect of one them tarnishing her papa’s legacy. She might have tried to dissuade the brother from nominating the son for the political arena but failed to do so due to the ambition of Whore Jinx. Resorting to her FB and the social media to accuse her brother of perpetrating a political dynasty was probably the last resort. What if the intended son was a spitting image of her Papa with his same strengths, force of character, eloquence, bright mind, etc. Would LWL still have stood in the way of a political dynasty? I doubt so. She might have welcomed and supported the nomination, if this grandson was even half of her papa.

SO, this brings us to the frightening conclusion that even their own aunt considers NONE of Gay Loong’s offspring to be acceptable future PeeMs of Singapore. Will Gay Loong and wife push one through into the political arena in the future, anyway? Probably. Will he be the best person to run Singapore. Not even close. Should we all be frightened? Damn right. Just my 2 cents.

damn bloody good post! cheers! ST buggers will be camping here.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
damn bloody good post! cheers! ST buggers will be camping here.

Why would ST prostitutes camp here?

GD, I am starting to think this issue of the offspring for future politics was a sore point and a contentious point in the Lee household. I would wager that LWL and Whore Jinx exchanged heated words. Lets face it, LWL does not pull any punches and speaks her mind. Probably in front of Whore Jinx. Whore Jinx being a mother would defend her son, especially if the Aunt called him a woefully unfit future PeeM in front of her. That is why Whore Jinx's reaction was so strong, i.e.. the monkey middle finger.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would ST prostitutes camp here?

GD, I am starting to think this issue of the offspring for future politics was a sore point and a contentious point in the Lee household. I would wager that LWL and Whore Jinx exchanged heated words. Lets face it, LWL does not pull any punches and speaks her mind. Probably in front of Whore Jinx. Whore Jinx being a mother would defend her son, especially if the Aunt called him a woefully unfit future PeeM in front of her. That is why Whore Jinx's reaction was so strong, i.e.. the monkey middle finger.

bro, which other online forum comes close to this forum? i doubt if our ST reporters are capable of connecting the dots. so, coming to this forum and reading some posts is fresh air for these buggers. it is for their own consumption coz they have no balls to publish what hurts the Lees.

would lwl react the same way if it was son of lhy?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee (Bye) said dont talk about character. So cannot use this fued.

LWL not a BB voter or SDP member for sure.

END OF STORY.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
bro, which other online forum comes close to this forum? i doubt if our ST reporters are capable of connecting the dots. so, coming to this forum and reading some posts is fresh air for these buggers. it is for their own consumption coz they have no balls to publish what hurts the Lees.

would lwl react the same way if it was son of lhy?

U have a point. I notice that threads started here ended up in the same points being raised elsewhere. When you check the chronology, it started here first.

You know, the most frightening look alike grandson is the albino one. If he had been born with the proper skin pigmentation, he would have looked exactly like a younger LKY. But I know nothing about his intellect, and in any case his albinoism is a deal killer. The other sons from LHY might well be more suitable.

Li Huanwu, the middle son is gay. So, he is an automatic disqualification. Li Shaowu is too young, only 21 years old. that leaves LHY's oldest son Li Shengwu. He was top of his class in Oxford for PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics). he is a good debater, so likely he is a good orator like his grandfather. And, this is important, he did not go to Oxford or Stanford (Phd) on a SAF or PSC scholarship. In fact, no scholarship at all. He is not a controversial figure like his cousin was in NS. In my opinion, he checks more boxes then all the other cousins, including Hongyi.

To me, this is a 2 way fight between 2 sister in laws who each wants to advance their own son to politics. The 2 Lees involved are not in control of their sons' fate. Its in the hands of their wives. Both wives are ambitious. Both husbands are fairly laid back, in particular Hsien Yang. When it comes to brains and intellect. I think Suet Fern beats Whore Jinx and Gay Loong Beats Hsien Yang. Suet Fern is betting there will be a looming backlash (in fact, it might already have arrived) against scholars (generals and PSC) that the public thinks are ruining the country. For Whore Jinx to advance her scholarship son into this backlash, might be politically unpalatable to the PAP CEC and the voting population. There will surely be moans of "Not another Scholar PM" etc.

I think in the event that Hongyi drops the ball, or does not want it badly enough, or is too tainted by the fact that he is the son of the PeeM and a scholar, Suet Fern has groomed Shengwu to step in. I believe the consensus is that another Lee must run the country, just which House it will come from is the question. The fact that Shengwu is only a cousin/nephew and not the son of the PeeM is much more palatable in order to avoid charges of nepotism. Franklin and Theodore Roosevelt were cousins after all.

Lets be frank about this. there is a portion of the population that actually welcome and are looking forward to a 3rd generation of Lee running singapore. The PAP would have already done its surveys on the prospect of this happening. The results must have been encouraging enough for gay Loong to come to this stage about possibly proposing one of his sons for politics. This is not just blind ambitious and a power perpetuation. Segments of the Singapore population actually want this to happen. So, this question of who's son will be the successor is very real.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U have a point. I notice that threads started here ended up in the same points being raised elsewhere. When you check the chronology, it started here first.

You know, the most frightening look alike grandson is the albino one. If he had been born with the proper skin pigmentation, he would have looked exactly like a younger LKY. But I know nothing about his intellect, and in any case his albinoism is a deal killer. The other sons from LHY might well be more suitable.

Li Huanwu, the middle son is gay. So, he is an automatic disqualification. Li Shaowu is too young, only 21 years old. that leaves LHY's oldest son Li Shengwu. He was top of his class in Oxford for PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics). he is a good debater, so likely he is a good orator like his grandfather. And, this is important, he did not go to Oxford or Stanford (Phd) on a SAF or PSC scholarship. In fact, no scholarship at all. He is not a controversial figure like his cousin was in NS. In my opinion, he checks more boxes then all the other cousins, including Hongyi.

To me, this is a 2 way fight between 2 sister in laws who each wants to advance their own son to politics. The 2 Lees involved are not in control of their sons' fate. Its in the hands of their wives. Both wives are ambitious. Both husbands are fairly laid back, in particular Hsien Yang. When it comes to brains and intellect. I think Suet Fern beats Whore Jinx and Gay Loong Beats Hsien Yang. Suet Fern is betting there will be a looming backlash (in fact, it might already have arrived) against scholars (generals and PSC) that the public thinks are ruining the country. For Whore Jinx to advance her scholarship son into this backlash, might be politically unpalatable to the PAP CEC and the voting population. There will surely be moans of "Not another Scholar PM" etc.

I think in the event that Hongyi drops the ball, or does not want it badly enough, or is too tainted by the fact that he is the son of the PeeM and a scholar, Suet Fern has groomed Shengwu to step in. I believe the consensus is that another Lee must run the country, just which House it will come from is the question. The fact that Shengwu is only a cousin/nephew and not the son of the PeeM is much more palatable in order to avoid charges of nepotism. Franklin and Theodore Roosevelt were cousins after all.

Lets be frank about this. there is a portion of the population that actually welcome and are looking forward to a 3rd generation of Lee running singapore. The PAP would have already done its surveys on the prospect of this happening. The results must have been encouraging enough for gay Loong to come to this stage about possibly proposing one of his sons for politics. This is not just blind ambitious and a power perpetuation. Segments of the Singapore population actually want this to happen. So, this question of who's son will be the successor is very real.

thanks. great analysis.

jw5

Loyal
I have met both. They are not the brightest tools in the shed, but it appears to me that older brother is the brighter of the 2.

Younger brother seemed to conduct himself well in interviews and press conferences while he was ceo of singtel, even though some parts may be scripted. The current ceo does interviews like she is singing a bad song. Older brother has moments when he smiles or laughs where he looks and sounds like a retard. :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

the way you analysis the whole are you LHY leh?

LHY was from amour too?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the wealth ascertained by LKY are enormous and to keep under carpet the grandchildren of his will be the next PM.

if this is not achieved the life of his grand children are at risk.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

LHL needn't do anything to advance the careers of any son. All that son needs to do is show up and doors will open. Like magic.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL needn't do anything to advance the careers of any son. All that son needs to do is show up and doors will open. Like magic.

LHL's albino son was at most election events, especially during rallies, in 2015 wearing all white uniform with PAP badge. But I don't think even a window will be open for him though, unless future PM down the line is for special minority.