• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum new direction

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Let's stop attacking each other and concentrate on the issues.

I'm really tired of seeing constant squabbles. It bores me to tears and I'm sure others feel the same way and I'm referring to the guests who visit to get some useful info and opinions.

So no more infighting. Let's get our kicks from watching the Lee siblings flaming each other instead.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What sort of enforcement rules are you thinking of to prevent flaming?

I guess I'll start off by telling the member concerned to please stop it.

It's really disappointing to log on in the morning and see a thread which I think is going well only to find that the 3 pages worth is nothing more than a handful of members going for each other like rabid dogs.

Mind you these are people who have been around for ages. One would have thought that they'd mellow with time and become more eloquent when it comes to hearty debate.

Sadly the usual trading of insults carries on like a long drawn out feud. I thought only the Scots were like that.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm really tired of seeing constant squabbles. It bores me to tears and I'm sure others feel the same way and I'm referring to the guests who visit to get some useful info and opinions.

So no more infighting. Let's get our kicks from watching the Lee siblings flaming each other instead.

If you are sincere, you can help every bored souls here by closing this forum for good.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess I'll start off by telling the member concerned to please stop it.

It's really disappointing to log on in the morning and see a thread which I think is going well only to find that the 3 pages worth is nothing more than a handful of members going for each other like rabid dogs.

Mind you these are people who have been around for ages. One would have thought that they'd mellow with time and become more eloquent when it comes to hearty debate.

Sadly the usual trading of insults carries on like a long drawn out feud. I thought only the Scots were like that.

You are talking about oldies with nothing better to do? And I suspect their primary usage of this forum is to flame each other. Can't you "delete" the post you don't like from the threads? So it'll appear "civil"?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You are talking about oldies with nothing better to do? And I suspect their primary usage of this forum is to flame each other. Can't you "delete" the post you don't like from the threads? So it'll appear "civil"?

I don't have the time nor the inclination to spend my day going through the posts here. I'm asking for a simple change in attitude. Is that too difficult?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't have the time nor the inclination to spend my day going through the posts here. I'm asking for a simple change in attitude. Is that too difficult?

threads that have been moved to the political and serious folder have suddenly becum civil as feuding parties stop bickering (and posting there). that folder must have some kind of calming effect. :eek: :biggrin:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Most people mature with age. How do some people get it backwards?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
dementia |diˈmen sh ə|

noun Medicine

a chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning.

ORIGIN late 18th cent.: from Latin, from demens, dement- ‘out of one's mind.’

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

70% sinky syndrome is quite difficult to change. I believe they started the feud with 30% Singaporeans, and than fan the fire resulted in blaming culture. You should ban pro-establishment guests in this forum to set a "learning culture" forum,

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Leong

I seldom re-join in other members’ thread, though I do occasionally read them. I just happen to read yours now. I thought I shall say a few words before I leave office.

What you have elucidated is certainly true. However, you seem to behave like a person who live in a glass house and throwing stones, and when you see others do it, you put up a huge sign to say, “No throwing of stones allowed”. You have encouraged and emboldened, whether directly or indirectly ~ a group of hoodlums in this forum and now you are asking them to change?

Obviously, you are the epitome of a pot calling the kettle black. You now come up with the craziest of ideas – and I believe you must have bats in your belfry. Further, I think you are certainly away with the fairies.

Having said the above, I hope you succeed in your proposed new direction.

Have a great Monday, Sir.

Claire :smile:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Leong

I seldom re-join in other members’ thread, though I do occasionally read them. I just happen to read yours now. I thought I shall say a few words before I leave office.

What you have elucidated is certainly true. However, you seem to behave like a person who live in a glass house and throwing stones, and when you see others do it, you put up a huge sign to say, “No throwing of stones allowed”. You have encouraged and emboldened, whether directly or indirectly ~ a group of hoodlums in this forum and now you are asking them to change?

Obviously, you are the epitome of a pot calling the kettle black. You now come up with the craziest of ideas – and I believe you must have bats in your belfry. Further, I think you are certainly away with the fairies.

Having said the above, I hope you succeed in your proposed new direction.

Have a great Monday, Sir.

Claire :smile:

Good evening Claire,

I believe Ah Sammy is merely trying to strike a balance. Too much control and the forum becomes oppressed and sterile. But the clones are running amok and polluting every other thread. They must be culled or the people will have difficulty reading the threads. Ah Sammy may be sexist as well but he is just jesting. Don't take it too seriously!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

can you stop Raider insulting my mother after each of my posts. It's disturbing.