• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC's summary of LWL / LHL /SPH

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In LKY's heyday, such nonsense would not have been allowed to see the light of day, much less nonsense being acted out by the Lee family members themselves.

Clearly once the patriarch is gone, the remaining descendants are left clueless as to how to conduct themselves in public. Add to that the simmering resentment and undercurrent of emotional dilemmas that have been brewing all along, and you have a tinderbox.

I am guessing LWL is not the only one who has felt shortchanged in her upbringing and also unhappy with how things have played out in recent months / years.

Going farther afield, the upper echelons of Singapore's elite are held together by an intricate network of favours and undertable liaisons which somehow all lead back to the PAP elite. I hope some of that unravels and exposes the system built on a dubious legacy that many out there still think is made up of rainbows and Pots of Gold.

In a sense, I am saying I want more LWLs to come out and speak up.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am guessing LWL is not the only one who has felt shortchanged in her upbringing and also unhappy with how things have played out in recent months / years.
In a sense, I am saying I want more LWLs to come out and speak up.

I have to disagree that LWL should be hailed the hero of this episode. It's one thing to send a clear message to the country about worshipping her late father; but it's another to publicly call her own brother, the pm, "dishonorable"... among other serious accusations. A responsible and clear thinking adult simply does not act this way.

My take is that she is still grieving for her parents. Suddenly left alone in the old Oxley road house. No body to turn to. No shoulder to cry on. She misses a dick.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have to disagree that LWL should be hailed the hero of this episode. It's one thing to send a clear message to the country about worshipping her late father; but it's another to publicly call her own brother, the pm, "dishonorable"... among other serious accusations. A responsible and clear thinking adult simply does not act this way.

My take is that she is still grieving for her parents. Suddenly left alone in the old Oxley road house. No body to turn to. No shoulder to cry on. She misses a dick.

Am not hailing anyone as a hero. Just feel that if such things spill out, Singaporeans can see the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am not hailing anyone as a hero. Just feel that if such things spill out, Singaporeans can see the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

Nothing good can come out of a public spat except more speculations and gossip. The only thing clear in this episode is that the siblings are not on talking terms.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
HL taichi to the Cabinet on the decision to build a dynasty and impose a cult, and then hid behind it. Shows how effete he has become. Never in the Old man's days would he have allowed the tail to wag the dog.

It's so simple...I didnt want it leh..they all wanted it mah...what can I do? Pondan PM.

Whoever said "Whoever governs this place must have the iron in him; or give it up!"

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
HL taichi to the Cabinet on the decision to build a dynasty and impose a cult, and then hid behind it. Shows how effete he has become. Never in the Old man's days would he have allowed the tail to wag the dog.

It's so simple...I didnt want it leh..they all wanted it mah...what can I do? Pondan PM.

Whoever said "Whoever governs this place must have the iron in him; or give it up!"

What LKY was talking about were the iron grills in Whitley and Changi. Our honorable PM still controls tons of it.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

spot on! no other sensible reason(s) for her to act this way. if not careful, lwl may end up as my brother's patient.

mark andrew yeo kc