• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low-caste Sinkie Cabby Kills Old Woman Who Was Exercising! Guess The Exercise!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
img_8587.jpg

SINGAPORE - A 78-year-old woman was killed after a taxi reversed into her at high speed at a carpark in Bedok North Street 2 on Wednesday (March 30).

Madam Poh Ah Gin was collecting cardboard behind a coffeeshop at Block 123, when a 64-year-old taxi driver lost control of his Hyundai Sonata, mounted the kerb and crashed into her twice. Police said that the driver has been arrested for causing death by a negligent act.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said it was alerted to the accident at 3.15pm and dispatched an ambulance. The woman, who was single and lived alone, was pronounced dead by paramedics on scene.

When The Straits Times arrived at about 6pm, the taxi had halted to a stop in front of a maroon car and silver van, which were both badly damaged by the impact. A lorry and two other vans parked behind these vehicles were also damaged.

Eyewitnesses said that they heard several tyre screeches and loud bangs at about 3pm. Mr Lim Kah Hong, a tow truck driver who about 20 metres away, said that he ran towards the taxi after he heard a deafening screech followed by a crash.

"I shouted at the taxi driver to stop, because I realised he had hit the woman. But his car continued to lunge back and forth, and he hit her again. She had collapsed onto the ground by then," the 35-year-old said.

He had instinctively reached out to open the taxi door to grab the car key, but he was unable to stop the engine as the vehicle was moving at a high speed.

A 62-year-old retiree, who wanted to be known as Mrs Lim, said that she saw two female doctors rush out from a nearby clinic.

One immediately performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation, while the other placed an oxygen mask on the woman.

The impact had caused the woman to bleed severely from her knees and stomach.

A few of her siblings and relatives were seen at the scene talking to police officers, as more than 50 curious onlookers gathered nearby. Her younger brother would only say that she is the third child of 11 children.

The taxi driver's 27-year-old son, who wanted to be known only as Sam, said that his father was ending his shift and had been trying to park his car, when it suddenly surged backwards and hit the old woman.

He said: "My father is in a state of shock now. He doesn't know how it happened and he could only tell me that there was a problem with the car."

He added that his father has been driving a taxi for more than 20 years and has not had any traffic offences.

Neighbours said that the elderly woman had lived in a three-room flat on the ninth floor of the block for more than 20 years. However, she would often keep to herself.

Said a 50-year-old neighbour, who wanted to be known as Madam Sia: "I feel sad for the lady. Sometimes she would get lost trying to return to her unit, so I would guide her."

All the vehicles involved were towed away at 7pm.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rce=Facebook&link_time=1459344053#xtor=CS1-10

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The taxi uncle should not be arrested. By killing the cardboard grandma, he is doing PAP a good deed. Imaging the horror of PAP if the cardboard grandma lived to 110 years old.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The taxi uncle should not be arrested. By killing the cardboard grandma, he is doing PAP a good deed. Imaging the horror of PAP if the cardboard grandma lived to 110 years old.

Why do you think he ran over her twice?

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you think he ran over her twice?

First time bang old woman didn't die, of course bang one more time to try his luck lor....die die so no need to hear her kpkb.....:(....right?

....keep asking other people........you leh?....you think why he bang two times?.... :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
First time bang old woman didn't die, of course bang one more time to try his luck lor....die die so no need to hear her kpkb.....:(....right?

....keep asking other people........you leh?....you think why he bang two times?.... :rolleyes:

Second time is to make sure she doesn't have chance to sue. :(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"When The Straits Times arrived at about 6pm, the taxi had halted to a stop in front of a maroon car and silver van, which were both badly damaged by the impact. A lorry and two other vans parked behind these vehicles were also damaged."

Wah!...the "england" berry powerderful...

The moral of the story...beware of SONATA TAXI....:p

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"When The Straits Times arrived at about 6pm, the taxi had halted to a stop in front of a maroon car and silver van, which were both badly damaged by the impact. A lorry and two other vans parked behind these vehicles were also damaged."

Where is our englandish leecher ah sam?

jw5

Loyal

Next time, they can write that the taxi had stopped to a halt. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, they can write that the taxi had stopped to a halt. :biggrin:

How did this people pass their exams?....the teacher must be talking like them too or they emulating the teacher...."got stop or not?"

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another Pioneer Generation died in accident while exercising

CARDBOARD AUNTIE, 78, KILLED BY REVERSING TAXI AT CARPARK

ELDERLY CARDBOARD COLLECTOR KILLED IN FREAK ACCIDENT IN BEDOK NORTH CARPARK
Mar 31, 2016 6:00am

Despite her advanced age and having money, she insisted on collecting cardboard.
So much so that she had been a familiar sight in her neighbourhood for more than 20 years.
But tragedy struck yesterday afternoon when Madam Poh Ah Gin, 78, was looking for cardboard behind a coffee shop at Block 123 next to an open-air carpark at Bedok North Street 2.

A Comfort taxi trying to reverse into a parking space suddenly mounted the kerb at high speed and rammed into her.
She died at the scene despite attempts to save her by doctors from a nearby clinic, a witness told The New Paper.

CAR ALARM
Madam Ismail Meera, 64, said she immediately ran out of her shop when she heard the shrill of a car alarm.
She noticed that a blue taxi had hit vehicles on the other side of the carpark. The impact was so great that the vehicles had mounted the kerb and other hit vehicles behind them.

When she had a closer look, she realised that two people were trying to resuscitate the elderly woman lying in a pool of blood on the walkway.
That was when Madam Meera recognised her as the neighbourhood's cardboard collector.

"People started to crowd around her within seconds. When I went closer, I saw two women who looked like doctors from a nearby clinic attending to her," she said.

Madam Meera, who owns a nearby Internet cafe, saw one of them performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, while the other put an oxygen mask on Madam Poh.

She then ran back to her cafe to check on it before going out again about 10 minutes later.
By then, Madam Poh had died.

Another witness, Madam Rohana Ramlan, 28, was outside her shop when she saw the accident.

Describing it as horrifying, the owner of Atok Mart provision shop said: "I heard a bang and saw that the taxi had mounted the kerb.
"After that, he lurched back and forth at a high speed twice before hitting cars in the lots opposite his."

Then she saw Madam Poh on the ground and the taxi driver out of his cab, wobbling to the side of the road.
"His face was pale and he looked very shaken," said Madam Rohana.
Mr Lim Kah Hong, a 35-year-old tow truck driver, told The Straits Times Online that he ran towards the taxi after hearing a deafening screech, followed by a crash.

"I shouted at the taxi driver to stop because I realised he had hit the woman. But his car continued to lunge back and forth, and he hit her again," he said.
He said he instinctively reached out to open the taxi door and grab its key, but was unable to do so as the taxi was moving at a high speed.
np_20160331_nbtaxi31-7pg_1215650.jpg

SISTER
Madam Poh's younger sister (photo) told TNP that Madam Poh had money but stubbornly insisted on collecting cardboard.
"She lives alone so my brother and I take turns to check on her and buy her food," she said.
Her brother revealed that Madam Poh was the third of 11 children.
Madam Wee Goh Lian, 80, said that since she moved into the neighbourhood more than 20 years ago, she had seen Madam Poh collecting cardboard.
"She was a very quiet person and kept to herself. There was one time when I told her not to dirty the void deck with her cardboard. She listened to me and never did it again," Madam Wee said.
Other residents said that Madam Poh was well-known in the neighbourhood for "not only collecting cardboard but keeping the neighbourhood clean as well".
Madam Wee said: "I will miss her. It will feel unusual to not see her around any more."
A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said they was alerted to the accident at 3.15pm and sent an ambulance. Madam Poh was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.
Police said they had arrested a 64-year-old taxi driver for causing death by a negligent act.
Investigations are ongoing.

'My dad sounded terrified when he called me about crash'

np_20160331_nbtaxi31-wwp_1215642.jpg

TRAGIC: (Above) Relatives of the victim at the crash site. (Below) The taxi driver (in white shirt) being led away by the police. TNP PHOTOS: CHOO CHWEE HUA
bedoknorthaccident-2.jpg

The cabby's son said his father was about to end his shift and hand over the taxi, a Hyundai Sonata, to the next driver when the accident happened.
"My father told me that he was trying to park his cab when it surged backwards, mounted the kerb and hit the woman. He then switched gears and the cab rushed forward and hit the vehicles in front," said the 27-year-old, who wanted to be known only as Sam.
"Almost every day, my father parks at the same stretch of parking lots so the fact that he hit someone really shocked him.
"He repeatedly told me that there was something wrong with the cab, but there's nothing we can do about it now. We just have to wait for further instructions from the police."

He described his father as an experienced driver who did not have any traffic offences.
CHOKED UP
"When he called to inform me about the accident at about 4pm, he sounded so terrified over the phone," he said.
"It was the first time in my life that I've ever heard my father's voice all choked up."

MORE ELDERLY PEDESTRIANS HURT IN 2015

The death yesterday of the 78-year-old cardboard collector in Bedok came just slightly more than a month after another cardboard picker suffered the same fate.

Madam Tan Powi Kim, 62, died on Feb 20 after a car hit her as she was loading a lorry with cardboard boxes at Collyer Quay.
In November 2014, Madam Ching Guan Eng, 86, also a cardboard collector, died when she was run over after walking into the blind spot of a bus in Marsiling Lane.

Elderly pedestrians as a whole remain vulnerable on the roads.

Traffic Police figures show an increase in injuries involving pedestrians aged 60 and above last year.
There were 211 reported cases, which is 17 more that 2014's 194 cases.

Over a quarter of the injured had been jaywalking.
During the same period, the number of elderly pedestrians killed in traffic accidents dropped by 11.5 per cent, from 26 in 2014 to 23 last year.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Another Pioneer Generation died in accident while exercising

Are they going to sue the driver like PTE Lee's family?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have mentioned several times to Sam Leong in this forum about the Hyundai Sonata's problematic transmission – put it into 'D' from 'P' and it shoots forward uncontrollably. A few taxi drivers told me personally about the nightmares they and their friend had with this model. One cabbie gave up his Sonata for a Chevrolet Epica – no problem since.

This was a needless death. Sad.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have mentioned several times to Sam Leong in this forum about the Hyundai Sonata's problematic transmission – put it into 'D' from 'P' and it shoots forward uncontrollably. A few taxi drivers told me personally about the nightmares they and their friend had with this model. One cabbie gave up his Sonata for a Chevrolet Epica – no problem since.

Nowadays Hyundai taxi are fitted with Turbo engine they can go very fast.

As you know most Taxi uncle can't handle Turbo engine, too fast for them and they can't

control the taxi well! Beside today 99.999% of the taxi drivers don't indicate their Signal when

turning left or right..They only know one signal "Hazard Light'' when picking up fares!!

bloody hell!! Not forgetting pickup truck, lorry drivers, Mercedes drivers they all don't signal!

Their signal in their are all FAULTY!!

LTA please take necessary action b4 its too late!!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies, this is what you voted for.. So u deserve to die.. If there is no PAP, you will not be collecting cardboard and enjoy your CPF full amount return to you..

You have your stupid self to be blamed and no pity on you.. You should have been dead earlier..

jw5

Loyal
How did this people pass their exams?....the teacher must be talking like them too or they emulating the teacher...."got stop or not?"

The teacher taught them that gostan is short for go astern. The taxi driver should not have gostan, neither should he have gone astern. :(