• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AVG is DESPERATE

GaryNeville

Alfrescian
Loyal

Users will know what i am saying... Czech company based in Amsterdam is desperate and pestering users with pop ups. more to reveal......

AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition-2011.1209.png

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anti virus is do expensive. You just set a price like 2.99euro a year. That will solve all your problem.

GaryNeville

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those AVG users, do not enable Web Protection for AVG will auto install a add on script to your internet browser, but you'll have to put up with their constant pop up nagging u to do so. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For those AVG users, do not enable Web Protection for AVG will auto install a add on script to your internet browser, but you'll have to put up with their constant pop up nagging u to do so. :biggrin:

Stopped using their free version years ago when I caught an adware despite having AVG installed. AVG is cumbersome & you need their uninstall tool to remove the AVG application.

It took month before I found a free versions of an anti-virus SW that could remove the adware that I had caught, & that anti-virus software was not AVG.

GaryNeville

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stopped using their free version years ago when I caught an adware despite having AVG installed. AVG is cumbersome & you need their uninstall tool to remove the AVG application.

It took month before I found a free versions of an anti-virus SW that could remove the adware that I had caught, & that anti-virus software was not AVG.

Enabling Web Protection will mean allowing AVG to data mine users info and sell them. If users close the pop up box, it will show up again daily to remind them.