• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Has The Best Economy In Asia Pacific Region

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to be seriously retarded and spastic not to make a great living in Singapore. Unfortunately, some Singaporeans are, the likes of Makapa and Hakka Tiu

Singapore receives high praise for its business modelBy 938 LIVE | Posted: 23 August 2008 1408 hrs

SINGAPORE: Analysts reviewing Singapore's plan to boost its economy said the country is well on its way to meeting the goals of a free and open trade and investment climate by 2010.

These goals, termed the Bogor goals, were set by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) members in 1994 when they met in Bogor, Indonesia.

Since then, each of APEC's 21 member economies is required to undergo periodic analysis of its progress in realising the goals.

In the latest review of Singapore's plan, analysts called the country a "star APEC performer".

Singapore has enabled its economy to move up the value chain by adopting measures to respond to the changing global economy.

Singapore has also demonstrated resilience to changing global economic conditions through pragmatic policy responses and continuous economic reform.

The report also noted that Singapore's liberal investment regime and predictable, transparent and market-friendly policies have enhanced its attractiveness as an investment destination.

The level of transparency, integrity and trust pervading Singapore's system and culture of governance has also helped.

Yet, Singapore is constantly seeking to improve its operating laws and regulations to ensure the business environment is market-driven, and consistent with international best practices, the report said.

- 938LIVE/yb

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You need to be seriously retarded and spastic not to make a great living in Singapore. Unfortunately, some Singaporeans are, the likes of Makapa and Hakka Tiu

Singapore is the "bestest"!!!! Long live the Lees! :biggrin:

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is best for businessman because every worker here sings one song, "CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP!!!" You are really an idiot when it comes to employer-employee relations.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No doubt Peesai is a safe haven for the rich and powerful. Where in the world do u find a cuntry that makes its citizens risk their lives to serve and protect one Familee and foreigners while dishing out free citizenship with no obligation to foreigners like used panties? While the Familee ensures that itself and its running dogs are the most highly paid in the world through broad daylight leegalized corruption?

ns is killing singapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
asia pacific region includes japan isn't it? and Japan is the second richest nation in the world after US. so how can u say singapore has the best economy in the asia pacific region?

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is best for businessman because every worker here sings one song, "CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP!!!" You are really an idiot when it comes to employer-employee relations.

Are you a retarded commie. What's good for business is good for everyone.

Grimloq69

Alfrescian
Loyal
*cough* Singapore is an ant under the feet of China and India. As these giants rise, Singapore will be sidelined to become more of a backwater than it already is

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just wish that SG immigration would be a little more serious about honouring the status of APEC business travellers at the airport. When departing SG, the APEC business traveller card is not even recognized at immigration. When arriving, the APEC channel is lumped together with citizens and residents. Because I'm already a resident, there is absolutely no benefit at SG immigration of being an APEC member or card-holder. When travelling in and out of countries in and out of the region more than 30 times a year, there is nothing worse than being stuck in queue at immigration - I just wanna get home. The APEC membership is supposed to avoid this queuing for me.

In every other country within APEC economies, I do not ever need to get a visa, and arrival and departure at immigration is via specific APEC/VIP/Dimplomat Channel... some countries even provide dedicated baggage inspection units... in China, I even have officers in uniform salute as I walk the red carpet. This is out of respect for the APEC charter to build relationships and trade within the participating economies. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to be saluted anywhere, but I do expect immigration to acknowledge what we are doing for the economies on a regional basis. At a minimum, I should not be made wait in queue with the 'infrequent' traveller or vacationer... I have much better things to do with my life - constant business travel and time away from one's family is not a 'priveledge', it's an unfortunate necessity.

Would just like to see consistency by SG immigration in comparison to all other APEC economies.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stinkapore will have the most millionaire in the world in 10 to 15 years time acocording to BBC. The gap betwwen the have and have-not will be widen further.

You can be assured to see more money laundering, bribery and commerical cases...

PAP_agent

Alfrescian
Loyal
The headline says best BUSINESS climate. It means best for BUSINESS OWNERS and LEADERS. Not lowly singaporean employees. What's stopping you from becoming a business owner yourself??

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just wish that SG immigration would be a little more serious about honouring the status of APEC business travellers at the airport. When departing SG, the APEC business traveller card is not even recognized at immigration. When arriving, the APEC channel is lumped together with citizens and residents. Because I'm already a resident, there is absolutely no benefit at SG immigration of being an APEC member or card-holder. When travelling in and out of countries in and out of the region more than 30 times a year, there is nothing worse than being stuck in queue at immigration - I just wanna get home. The APEC membership is supposed to avoid this queuing for me.

In every other country within APEC economies, I do not ever need to get a visa, and arrival and departure at immigration is via specific APEC/VIP/Dimplomat Channel... some countries even provide dedicated baggage inspection units... in China, I even have officers in uniform salute as I walk the red carpet. This is out of respect for the APEC charter to build relationships and trade within the participating economies. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to be saluted anywhere, but I do expect immigration to acknowledge what we are doing for the economies on a regional basis. At a minimum, I should not be made wait in queue with the 'infrequent' traveller or vacationer... I have much better things to do with my life - constant business travel and time away from one's family is not a 'priveledge', it's an unfortunate necessity.

Would just like to see consistency by SG immigration in comparison to all other APEC economies.
OK - I can now say the worst is Chicago O'hare airport... after 30 hours of travelling (through HK) I found that they have an APEC line at immigration (air crew and APEC members), but when I got to the counter the officer didn't know what to do, so sent me to the next aisle across which is for the disabled and war veterans (they pushed me in front of people in wheelchairs - talk about feeling guilty)... hopefully they will get it right by the time the US become APEC economy members in January 09. I obviously questioned the first officer what the problem was, and he acted so ugly I was scared he was gonna arrest me for going up my designated lane.