• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore youths shun religion

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know what the most recent findings are, but our species goes back to a hominid scientists named Lucy. She is described as a bipedal animal, which we call Australopithecus, and is the earliest remains we have of a Homo specimen. I don't recall whether she is a Home Sapien, Homo Erectus, or some other hominid, (not important) but just take it that she was alive and walking on two legs, like us. Do not know whether she knew how to make fire, plant crops yet. But she used simple tools. In this area, we've observed modern chimpanzees and other monkeys using stones and sticks as tools, so we can conclude that tool-usage was acquired along the way (of evolution). We've since learnt to make and use more tools, the computer is one of the more current things we've come up with. God didn't teach us how to make plastic. This, was accumulated knowledge in Chemistry, spurred by techonological and commercial progress that allowed us to synthesize it. We're on our own, those of you who wish to depend on God can do so, but the rest of humanity, we'll have to pave the road we're taking. That means thinking for ourselves. And not listening to some "wise" sage wish some message from the divine being.

Cheers!

But this begs the question, did humans evolve from some apelike ancestor which in turn evolve from some other creature which goes all the way back to the UCA? For the atheist the story of evolution (yes, you read it correctly, it’s a story) is the only origins story available to tell. And what exactly is the evidence for human evolution? As far as I know, there are more speculations and illustrations than actual hard evidence, and the evidences that we have for so-called evolution are usually the tiny bone fragments from which is extrapolated an entire made up apeman! Talk about vivid imagination! It is not about needing answers urgently, but about what the evidence really shows, and what beliefs are driving the conclusions. Is there any reason to reject a traditional answer that God made us? Or are you just rejecting it because it is a traditional answer? Old or new, the answer must be true to be accepted. If God is the only answer to the question, then why run away from the answer, or are you running away from God? Just a few days ago the newspapers ran an article on the dragonfly and said about how the insect was a master of flight that was “DESIGNED BY NATURE”. Wow, read that again, designed by nature? Designed? Our human experience tells us that the word “designed” is associated with intelligence, a creative intelligent mind no less! The article credits nature with that ability to design the dragonfly for flight? Something is wrong isn’t it? But the evolutionist and atheist would blindly nod in agreement at that statement. That’s being blinded by the atheism worldview.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know what the most recent findings are, but our species goes back to a hominid scientists named Lucy. She is described as a bipedal animal, which we call Australopithecus, and is the earliest remains we have of a Homo specimen. I don't recall whether she is a Home Sapien, Homo Erectus, or some other hominid, (not important) but just take it that she was alive and walking on two legs, like us. Do not know whether she knew how to make fire, plant crops yet. But she used simple tools. In this area, we've observed modern chimpanzees and other monkeys using stones and sticks as tools, so we can conclude that tool-usage was acquired along the way (of evolution). We've since learnt to make and use more tools, the computer is one of the more current things we've come up with. God didn't teach us how to make plastic. This, was accumulated knowledge in Chemistry, spurred by techonological and commercial progress that allowed us to synthesize it. We're on our own, those of you who wish to depend on God can do so, but the rest of humanity, we'll have to pave the road we're taking. That means thinking for ourselves. And not listening to some "wise" sage wish some message from the divine being.

Cheers!

Lucy is nothing but an extinct ape who has been dressed up in evolutionary talk to mislead gullible and unquestioning people. Give the ape a long sounding name and call it your ancestor, who can prove you wrong? This is not science, but story telling at best and lying at worst. The evolutionists are desperate to find something, anything, that they can quickly call the missing link that would always be rewriting human evolution! LOL! Main incentive for doing that is that you get research grants and be famous for making headlines, even if after a while it turns out to be nothing and the news just fizzles off into oblivion. Many documentaries have been made about Lucy, even a Hollywood action movie by lovely Scarlet Johannsen. But those documentaries are not science, but science fiction! It’s a creative work of film makers and story writers who can make so much out of so little. Just because it appears on National Geographic or similar media those who watch just soak it in, uncritically, without thinking. God made man in His image. That’s why man is intelligent. Man has ALWAYS been intelligent. Just because we now know more than before, does not mean that in ancient times people were less intelligent. Do not confuse knowledge with intelligence. And progress in science was spurred on because the fathers of modern science were BELIEVERS in God, who believed that God created an orderly universe that runs like clockwork and universal laws that can make the scientific method work. But ignorant people believe otherwise and think that it was atheism that made progress possible. LOL!:rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I mean by being blind to logic. Scientists, palaeontologists, and archaelogists go through lots of trouble, efforts to come up with explanations for their findings, and you toss it out the window just because your Creation theory is found to not fit in? So, your concept on how the different race arose is because of the story of the Tower of Babel, and not because of human emigration spreading over the world due to weather, climatic, agricultural (food and water) availability, technological progresses and other social and environmental factors? Good thing the Bible isn't taught in schools. People would end up stagnated in some ancient time!!!

Cheers!

Lucy is nothing but an extinct ape who has been dressed up in evolutionary talk to mislead gullible and unquestioning people. Give the ape a long sounding name and call it your ancestor, who can prove you wrong? This is not science, but story telling at best and lying at worst. The evolutionists are desperate to find something, anything, that they can quickly call the missing link that would always be rewriting human evolution! LOL! Main incentive for doing that is that you get research grants and be famous for making headlines, even if after a while it turns out to be nothing and the news just fizzles off into oblivion. Many documentaries have been made about Lucy, even a Hollywood action movie by lovely Scarlet Johannsen. But those documentaries are not science, but science fiction! It’s a creative work of film makers and story writers who can make so much out of so little. Just because it appears on National Geographic or similar media those who watch just soak it in, uncritically, without thinking. God made man in His image. That’s why man is intelligent. Man has ALWAYS been intelligent. Just because we now know more than before, does not mean that in ancient times people were less intelligent. Do not confuse knowledge with intelligence. And progress in science was spurred on because the fathers of modern science were BELIEVERS in God, who believed that God created an orderly universe that runs like clockwork and universal laws that can make the scientific method work. But ignorant people believe otherwise and think that it was atheism that made progress possible. LOL!:rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I mean by being blind to logic. Scientists, palaeontologists, and archaelogists go through lots of trouble, efforts to come up with explanations for their findings, and you toss it out the window just because your Creation theory is found to not fit in? So, your concept on how the different race arose is because of the story of the Tower of Babel, and not because of human emigration spreading over the world due to weather, climatic, agricultural (food and water) availability, technological progresses and other social and environmental factors? Good thing the Bible isn't taught in schools. People would end up stagnated in some ancient time!!!

Cheers!

It looks like you don’t really understand what logic is, to simply claim that someone is blind to logic!

BTW, how much do you know about how the scientific method works? Or that science is also driven by beliefs? And that all evidence collected have to be interpreted through a framework of beliefs? As a creationist I don’t just throw out the findings, because facts are facts. One can examine and reject the explanation for the findings without throwing out the findings. You said I am throwing out things that does not fit with my creation theory. BTW, I am pretty sure you are ignorant of how the scientific establishment works, that if something does not fit with their current evolutionary theory it would be thrown out. Consider the case about finding soft tissue in so-called millions of years old dinosaur bones. What’s your explanation for them? It is a known fact that soft tissue will disintegrate quickly yet when such are found in supposedly fossils that are millions of years old, these evolutionists invoke unknown processes that can miraculously and conveniently preserve such things. That’s being blind. You want to talk about races? I am sure you are ignorant of the fact that there is only one race? The human race? That different skin colours are merely due to the different amounts of the same melanin substance we all have, that the more you have the darker your skin is? It’s just the same colour in different shades. Did you know that? And did you know that creationists also believe in humans spreading out to different parts of the world? Evolutionists believe it is out of Africa. Creationists believe it is out of the Middle East, not too far either. Evolutionists cannot explain how language come to be or how it evolve. But Creationists always believe that man had a language, that God multiplied the languages of people such that most languages today can be traced back to a few ancestral languages. And it is precisely because the Bible is no longer taught as before that there is such a large gap in knowledge and that scientists could never arrive at the right conclusions and keep wasting tax payers’ money to look for the solutions in all the wrong places. More progress would have been made had the Bible been used as a guide or starting point for explaining the world.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic can simply be described as one plus one equals two - it makes sense. And is understood by reason. Why I say you (and other Creationists are blind to logic, is because you guys believe in things that cannot be understood, or explained through reason and accept them by "Because the Bible, or God, says so."

My understanding of scientific theory is that if something can be explained by a theory and behaves as predicted in that theory, it is scientifically sound and therefore correct. Example, measurement of gravity as 9.8 m/s2 has been repeated accurately in experiments, so, that gravity (on Earth is 9.8 m/s2 is correct), plus or minus one or two points for error allowance. I am not a scientist nor hold a PhD in engineering or any scientific field btw, just an ordinary salesman. Creationist, to my knowledge believe that the first man as Adam, his woman, Eve was made from a rib taken from him, and they started the human race. They were successful and spewed many, until this guy by the name of Noah came about and God wanted to destroy humans and the evil that had grown with him. Too bad it (evil) still ensued after Noah - we're still evil! (How come your God didn't foresee that?). Depending on how one defines "race" there may be a couple. Here in Singapore, there are four main races, Chinese, Malays, Indians, and others. Try telling them they're all the same! Or that they're related! Haha! Yes, there is only ONE human race. The other non-human race are called Neanderthals. They went missing a couple of thousand years ago. Did they share a common maternal ancestor with us? Eve? The Bible is indeed an authoritative book, by the way it is worded it is commanding - In the Beginning ................. and it came to be. But that's the way it was. Even God can't change history!

Cheers!

It looks like you don’t really understand what logic is, to simply claim that someone is blind to logic!

BTW, how much do you know about how the scientific method works? Or that science is also driven by beliefs? And that all evidence collected have to be interpreted through a framework of beliefs? As a creationist I don’t just throw out the findings, because facts are facts. One can examine and reject the explanation for the findings without throwing out the findings. You said I am throwing out things that does not fit with my creation theory. BTW, I am pretty sure you are ignorant of how the scientific establishment works, that if something does not fit with their current evolutionary theory it would be thrown out. Consider the case about finding soft tissue in so-called millions of years old dinosaur bones. What’s your explanation for them? It is a known fact that soft tissue will disintegrate quickly yet when such are found in supposedly fossils that are millions of years old, these evolutionists invoke unknown processes that can miraculously and conveniently preserve such things. That’s being blind. You want to talk about races? I am sure you are ignorant of the fact that there is only one race? The human race? That different skin colours are merely due to the different amounts of the same melanin substance we all have, that the more you have the darker your skin is? It’s just the same colour in different shades. Did you know that? And did you know that creationists also believe in humans spreading out to different parts of the world? Evolutionists believe it is out of Africa. Creationists believe it is out of the Middle East, not too far either. Evolutionists cannot explain how language come to be or how it evolve. But Creationists always believe that man had a language, that God multiplied the languages of people such that most languages today can be traced back to a few ancestral languages. And it is precisely because the Bible is no longer taught as before that there is such a large gap in knowledge and that scientists could never arrive at the right conclusions and keep wasting tax payers’ money to look for the solutions in all the wrong places. More progress would have been made had the Bible been used as a guide or starting point for explaining the world.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic can simply be described as one plus one equals two - it makes sense. And is understood by reason. Why I say you (and other Creationists are blind to logic, is because you guys believe in things that cannot be understood, or explained through reason and accept them by "Because the Bible, or God, says so."

My understanding of scientific theory is that if something can be explained by a theory and behaves as predicted in that theory, it is scientifically sound and therefore correct. Example, measurement of gravity as 9.8 m/s2 has been repeated accurately in experiments, so, that gravity (on Earth is 9.8 m/s2 is correct), plus or minus one or two points for error allowance. I am not a scientist nor hold a PhD in engineering or any scientific field btw, just an ordinary salesman. Creationist, to my knowledge believe that the first man as Adam, his woman, Eve was made from a rib taken from him, and they started the human race. They were successful and spewed many, until this guy by the name of Noah came about and God wanted to destroy humans and the evil that had grown with him. Too bad it (evil) still ensued after Noah - we're still evil! (How come your God didn't foresee that?). Depending on how one defines "race" there may be a couple. Here in Singapore, there are four main races, Chinese, Malays, Indians, and others. Try telling them they're all the same! Or that they're related! Haha! Yes, there is only ONE human race. The other non-human race are called Neanderthals. They went missing a couple of thousand years ago. Did they share a common maternal ancestor with us? Eve? The Bible is indeed an authoritative book, by the way it is worded it is commanding - In the Beginning ................. and it came to be. But that's the way it was. Even God can't change history!

Cheers!

But to an atheist, how does he explain what is logic and reason? Where do these come from? You said we believe in things that cannot be understood therefore we are blind to logic? Well, let me ask you, can you understand how in atheism life can arise from nonliving matter? Can you understand how something can come from absolutely nothing? Can you even believe your own thoughts which are nothing but chemical pulses running thought your brain? You believe what the evolutionists say, I believe what God says. Our authority is different, that’s all. You believe in man, I believe in God.

Do you know that science cannot say that something is proven true, but can only say that something is proven false? That science operates by trying to falsify a hypothesis? I am not a scientist also, but I understand how science works, and know something about the history of science, that science only works because we live in an orderly universe. But the atheist cannot even explain why the universe is orderly, why the laws of nature are uniform, why logic works etc. And the atheist believe that from nonliving matter, life just miraculously arose and spew all the living things that have ever lived on earth, with no scientific evidence to support such an absurd notion. At least the creationist are on better and logical grounds, that there is a Creator God who made the universe and created living things, created man and also animals, to reproduce after their own kinds. Whatever the colour of your skin is, we are all related. Why do you act so surprised that all humans are related by one blood? Yet you OK with scientists telling you that you are related to a monkey? What logic are you employing here then when you believe such nonsense, and yet you would scorn my reasoning? Neanderthals are simply human beings, period. Evolutionists toy with your minds by giving them names that sound as though they are apemen or some non-human beings. But we already know that humans and so-called Neanderthals interbreed, which means they are fully humans. And yes, they is indeed only one human race. If today you have kidney failure, and you are Chinese, an Indian can donate his kidney to you if your types match. Charles Darwin popularised the evil notion of different races that causes so much disunity and unhappiness. But the liberating truth is that we are all descended from Adam and Eve. Evolutionists seek to deny our humanity by saying we are all descended from brute apes. But if evolution is true, then you also have to believe that all humans are descended from the first pair of humans, unless you believe that miraculously many apemen all so lucky at the same time evolve into human beings! Which is also why evolutionists must have their own out of Africa theory. But I suppose you never think far enough to try and connect the dots, right? God is not a capricious God who would change history as and when He likes. God is all powerful, of course He can change history. Your idea of God is too small to be God. Now I know why you reject God, your “God” is just too small. You should try to understand the real God of the Bible.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic and reason can be explained through prinicples of science, in physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics. Whereas your religious "facts" are delivered by good speeches, smart talk, (or deceit, depending on how one views these!)

You expect a human source (our species is less than 50 ~ 100 thousand years old) to explain to you what has been around for billions of years? Not possible, at least not at this time in our existence. You will have to wait longer, in our human years, probably milleniums. If we do not know or understand anything, we should at least have the humility to admit that we still do not understand, and not simply yield to accept that because God made it so. That's no challenge!?!? One thing I agree with you - I believe in man, our species to assist and find ways for our future and livelihood. You can seek God's assistance, since your Divine being made us and this world s/he is responsible for our well-being, and leave things in his hands. Good luck!

Cheers!

But to an atheist, how does he explain what is logic and reason? Where do these come from? You said we believe in things that cannot be understood therefore we are blind to logic? Well, let me ask you, can you understand how in atheism life can arise from nonliving matter? Can you understand how something can come from absolutely nothing? Can you even believe your own thoughts which are nothing but chemical pulses running thought your brain? You believe what the evolutionists say, I believe what God says. Our authority is different, that’s all. You believe in man, I believe in God.

Do you know that science cannot say that something is proven true, but can only say that something is proven false? That science operates by trying to falsify a hypothesis? I am not a scientist also, but I understand how science works, and know something about the history of science, that science only works because we live in an orderly universe. But the atheist cannot even explain why the universe is orderly, why the laws of nature are uniform, why logic works etc. And the atheist believe that from nonliving matter, life just miraculously arose and spew all the living things that have ever lived on earth, with no scientific evidence to support such an absurd notion. At least the creationist are on better and logical grounds, that there is a Creator God who made the universe and created living things, created man and also animals, to reproduce after their own kinds. Whatever the colour of your skin is, we are all related. Why do you act so surprised that all humans are related by one blood? Yet you OK with scientists telling you that you are related to a monkey? What logic are you employing here then when you believe such nonsense, and yet you would scorn my reasoning? Neanderthals are simply human beings, period. Evolutionists toy with your minds by giving them names that sound as though they are apemen or some non-human beings. But we already know that humans and so-called Neanderthals interbreed, which means they are fully humans. And yes, they is indeed only one human race. If today you have kidney failure, and you are Chinese, an Indian can donate his kidney to you if your types match. Charles Darwin popularised the evil notion of different races that causes so much disunity and unhappiness. But the liberating truth is that we are all descended from Adam and Eve. Evolutionists seek to deny our humanity by saying we are all descended from brute apes. But if evolution is true, then you also have to believe that all humans are descended from the first pair of humans, unless you believe that miraculously many apemen all so lucky at the same time evolve into human beings! Which is also why evolutionists must have their own out of Africa theory. But I suppose you never think far enough to try and connect the dots, right? God is not a capricious God who would change history as and when He likes. God is all powerful, of course He can change history. Your idea of God is too small to be God. Now I know why you reject God, your “God” is just too small. You should try to understand the real God of the Bible.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic and reason can be explained through prinicples of science, in physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics. Whereas your religious "facts" are delivered by good speeches, smart talk, (or deceit, depending on how one views these!)

You expect a human source (our species is less than 50 ~ 100 thousand years old) to explain to you what has been around for billions of years? Not possible, at least not at this time in our existence. You will have to wait longer, in our human years, probably milleniums. If we do not know or understand anything, we should at least have the humility to admit that we still do not understand, and not simply yield to accept that because God made it so. That's no challenge!?!? One thing I agree with you - I believe in man, our species to assist and find ways for our future and livelihood. You can seek God's assistance, since your Divine being made us and this world s/he is responsible for our well-being, and leave things in his hands. Good luck!

Cheers!

Really? I would love to hear you explaining logic and reason using science and maths, without using logic and reason in your scientific or mathematical explanation, since you are supposed to explain logic and reason. Otherwise you are just going in a circular reasoning loop.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I might be able to explain some things here on Earth, with my limited knowledge of science and math, but I am unable to explain God, or events in the Bible, they are imaginary as far as I can tell. That's why I don't believe in them.

Cheers!

Really? I would love to hear you explaining logic and reason using science and maths, without using logic and reason in your scientific or mathematical explanation, since you are supposed to explain logic and reason. Otherwise you are just going in a circular reasoning loop.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I might be able to explain some things here on Earth, with my limited knowledge of science and math, but I am unable to explain God, or events in the Bible, they are imaginary as far as I can tell. That's why I don't believe in them.

Cheers!

Uhhh….I am not asking you to explain God. I am asking you to explain why logic and reason exists using science and maths, since you claimed that you can explain logic and reason using science and maths.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic is what makes sense, not nonsensical, imaginary. or made up. For example - heaven is a place we go to after we die, if we're good. There is no place called heaven. If there were, how are we transported there? Who decides if we go to heaven or not? It is an imaginary place (or a state of mind) we envision after death happens. I cannot explain, or describe heaven, neither can anybody else, so I conclude that heaven is illogical, and exists only in our imagination.

Cheers!

Uhhh….I am not asking you to explain God. I am asking you to explain why logic and reason exists using science and maths, since you claimed that you can explain logic and reason using science and maths.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic is what makes sense, not nonsensical, imaginary. or made up. For example - heaven is a place we go to after we die, if we're good. There is no place called heaven. If there were, how are we transported there? Who decides if we go to heaven or not? It is an imaginary place (or a state of mind) we envision after death happens. I cannot explain, or describe heaven, neither can anybody else, so I conclude that heaven is illogical, and exists only in our imagination.

Cheers!

The question the atheist has to answer is “Why does anything make sense?” It seems that you still could not grasp what I have been driving at. You don’t need to tell me what logic and reason is. I’ve been using them all these while. What I am asking you to do, is to explain why logic and reason exist. In a naturalistic universe that pops into existence out of nothing by sheer random undirected forces, how can it be that from chaos comes order, life, reason, logic, morals etc? The atheist does not want, or dare, to look to God for the answer because God is a most uncomfortable answer to him. It is fallacious reasoning to conclude that just because you cannot explain something you consign it as fiction when one considers that atheists would scorn those who believe God did it because they cannot explain something. A case of special pleading? You see, for all your insistence and claim that you abide by logic and reason, I could repeatedly point out to you where your reasoning fails you.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wjy should the atheist have to find an answer to your question? If something makes sense, it is logical, and therefore correct. If it doesn't, it is likely wrong. Or we're simply asking the wrong questions!! We don't look to God for the answer, because there is no God to give us the answer! We have to look for the answers ourselves. I'd like to see the faces of people when they ask a question, and the person who answers tells them "Because a certain voice, I believe to be God, told me!" I think that person would be sent for a mental checkup, if he's lucky!

Cheers!

The question the atheist has to answer is “Why does anything make sense?” It seems that you still could not grasp what I have been driving at. You don’t need to tell me what logic and reason is. I’ve been using them all these while. What I am asking you to do, is to explain why logic and reason exist. In a naturalistic universe that pops into existence out of nothing by sheer random undirected forces, how can it be that from chaos comes order, life, reason, logic, morals etc? The atheist does not want, or dare, to look to God for the answer because God is a most uncomfortable answer to him. It is fallacious reasoning to conclude that just because you cannot explain something you consign it as fiction when one considers that atheists would scorn those who believe God did it because they cannot explain something. A case of special pleading? You see, for all your insistence and claim that you abide by logic and reason, I could repeatedly point out to you where your reasoning fails you.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wjy should the atheist have to find an answer to your question? If something makes sense, it is logical, and therefore correct. If it doesn't, it is likely wrong. Or we're simply asking the wrong questions!! We don't look to God for the answer, because there is no God to give us the answer! We have to look for the answers ourselves. I'd like to see the faces of people when they ask a question, and the person who answers tells them "Because a certain voice, I believe to be God, told me!" I think that person would be sent for a mental checkup, if he's lucky!

Cheers!

It seems that you do not quite understand the concept of worldviews, which everyone has. If your worldview fails to answer the important and foundational questions that people are asking, or it contradicts the real world experiences, then it should be rejected. Just because something is logical does not make it true or correct. Being logical simply means it is in accordance to sound reasoning. Sometimes the logic can be wrong but the conclusion still right. Such arguments are not persuasive though, better to have a good solid logical argument.

“We don't look to God for the answer, because there is no God to give us the answer!”

Did you read what you just wrote? And you said I was the one to call you an atheist as it it was against your will? LOL!

Sometimes God speaks to people in a voice (who are we to say what God can or cannot do, right?) but most of the time God speaks to us through His revealed Word, the Bible. The most important questions of life are sufficiently answered for us in the Bible. They are revealed so that we can know God and have eternal life.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who says what is correct and what is wrong? Some things are debatable, some things can be ambiguous, some are plain to see. (or figure out). Biblical stories told to children can be told as truth, that they happened, because most children may not see them for the reason they are told, and accept them as truths. If these stories remain in their minds unquestioned till they grow into adult, these stories become seen as history. But when the child questions the possibilities, and can't fit the pieces together, they might come to the realization that these stories are fake. Can the world be made in six days? Can Noah built the Ark (with or without "Gods" help) to house all the species on Earth, as described? Can a person rise from the dead? If the child asks these questions as they are taught at cathecism/religious classes, teaching them would be difficult.

Cheers!

It seems that you do not quite understand the concept of worldviews, which everyone has. If your worldview fails to answer the important and foundational questions that people are asking, or it contradicts the real world experiences, then it should be rejected. Just because something is logical does not make it true or correct. Being logical simply means it is in accordance to sound reasoning. Sometimes the logic can be wrong but the conclusion still right. Such arguments are not persuasive though, better to have a good solid logical argument.

“We don't look to God for the answer, because there is no God to give us the answer!”

Did you read what you just wrote? And you said I was the one to call you an atheist as it it was against your will? LOL!

Sometimes God speaks to people in a voice (who are we to say what God can or cannot do, right?) but most of the time God speaks to us through His revealed Word, the Bible. The most important questions of life are sufficiently answered for us in the Bible. They are revealed so that we can know God and have eternal life.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who says what is correct and what is wrong? Some things are debatable, some things can be ambiguous, some are plain to see. (or figure out). Biblical stories told to children can be told as truth, that they happened, because most children may not see them for the reason they are told, and accept them as truths. If these stories remain in their minds unquestioned till they grow into adult, these stories become seen as history. But when the child questions the possibilities, and can't fit the pieces together, they might come to the realization that these stories are fake. Can the world be made in six days? Can Noah built the Ark (with or without "Gods" help) to house all the species on Earth, as described? Can a person rise from the dead? If the child asks these questions as they are taught at cathecism/religious classes, teaching them would be difficult.

Cheers!

Give me one good reason why an all powerful God cannot create the universe in 6 days.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because many of the physical landscapes need time to settle to an equilibrium state, temperatures need time to cool to the ambient level. Etc. Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes, it may take thousands of years. The Ice Age for example, it took glaciers thousands of years to turn to water from a frozen state. What is God going to do to speed it up? Microwave the poles? The Himalayas was caused by the Asian subcontinent pushing against the Asia mainland, its been happening since millions of years ago - and is still ongoing! Six days sounds a little rushed doesn't it? And he created man and all the creatures on Earth during this 6 days as well didn't he? Nice story, great powers, but not possible!

Cheers!

Give me one good reason why an all powerful God cannot create the universe in 6 days.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because many of the physical landscapes need time to settle to an equilibrium state, temperatures need time to cool to the ambient level. Etc. Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes, it may take thousands of years. The Ice Age for example, it took glaciers thousands of years to turn to water from a frozen state. What is God going to do to speed it up? Microwave the poles? The Himalayas was caused by the Asian subcontinent pushing against the Asia mainland, its been happening since millions of years ago - and is still ongoing! Six days sounds a little rushed doesn't it? And he created man and all the creatures on Earth during this 6 days as well didn't he? Nice story, great powers, but not possible!

Cheers!

Bro, you are not answering the question. The question is "Can God create the universe in 6 days?" The answer is just a simple Can or Cannot. In fact, the answer does not change even whether you prefer to replace the word 6 days with 6 nanoseconds, 6 million years, 6 billion years, or any period of time you like. I am trying to establish whether you understand what it means for God to be all powerful.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why an all powerful God cannot defeat Satan?

There is a difference between cannot and doing things in His own timing. Have you read Revelation, or even the Gospels? The fate of Satan already foretold there. Read Gospel of Matthew 25:41 to know the end.