• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore youths shun religion

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is what you wanted, then the answer is - No. It does not matter how powerful your God is. Some things cannot be done, even with magic. For instance, history cannot be changed. Once happened it has been done, cannot be undone. Can your God reverse time, to pre-WW2 and prevent the Axis nations from forming and alliance and wreak havoc on the world? Cannot right?

Cheers!

Bro, you are not answering the question. The question is "Can God create the universe in 6 days?" The answer is just a simple Can or Cannot. In fact, the answer does not change even whether you prefer to replace the word 6 days with 6 nanoseconds, 6 million years, 6 billion years, or any period of time you like. I am trying to establish whether you understand what it means for God to be all powerful.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because Satan was from God's side. He was one of the angels, who joined the Dark Side. Dark Side has a few more advanced weapons, and they are more ruthless than Goody God's side (made up of ah quas and lambs), so evil is stronger, more powerful, and attracts the stronger (and more able) soldiers! Resistance is futile!!!

Cheers!

Why an all powerful God cannot defeat Satan?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is what you wanted, then the answer is - No. It does not matter how powerful your God is. Some things cannot be done, even with magic. For instance, history cannot be changed. Once happened it has been done, cannot be undone. Can your God reverse time, to pre-WW2 and prevent the Axis nations from forming and alliance and wreak havoc on the world? Cannot right?

Cheers!

You digress again. I agree with you that there are things God cannot do. Illogical things are one of them. But again I ask you, can an all powerful God create the universe in 6 days? Somehow the answer not forthcoming from you. Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I answered your question - with a NO! Read again, if you have to.

Cheers!

You digress again. I agree with you that there are things God cannot do. Illogical things are one of them. But again I ask you, can an all powerful God create the universe in 6 days? Somehow the answer not forthcoming from you. Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I answered your question - with a NO! Read again, if you have to.

Cheers!

Granted that I can agree with you that the past cannot be undone, why would that be relevant to the question of whether God can create the universe in 6 days?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because that points towards whether the Bible is truthful (or accurate) or not? It is taught to young children in catechism (that's kindergarten age) and at that age, it becomes embedded in the person's mind as "knowledge" - some may term this as brainwashing, or indoctrination. And that person grows up thinking that it actually happened. It is under this mindset that early Christians had rigid ways of thinking, this led to witch hunts later in their adult life, persecuting many who held more open thinking and explored other avenues of thought. Good thing liberal thought has changed that!

Cheers!

Granted that I can agree with you that the past cannot be undone, why would that be relevant to the question of whether God can create the universe in 6 days?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because that points towards whether the Bible is truthful (or accurate) or not? It is taught to young children in catechism (that's kindergarten age) and at that age, it becomes embedded in the person's mind as "knowledge" - some may term this as brainwashing, or indoctrination. And that person grows up thinking that it actually happened. It is under this mindset that early Christians had rigid ways of thinking, this led to witch hunts later in their adult life, persecuting many who held more open thinking and explored other avenues of thought. Good thing liberal thought has changed that!

Cheers!

I still find your reply irrelevant to what I was asking. Basically I am asking you for a Yes/No reply to the following questions:

1. Can an all-powerful God create the universe in an instant? Yes or No
2. Can an all-powerful God create the universe in 6 days? Yes or No
3. Can an all-powerful God create the universe in 6 billion years? Yes or No

Please answer based on the logic of the question itself, do not bring in the part about what scientists now believe how old the universe is. This is the mistake you made earlier in your reply. You simply took as truth what scientists are saying about the age of the universe and then proceed to answer no to the questions. The questions begin with the word “CAN”, and not “DID”.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. No.
2. No.
3. Still, No.

The universe is so vast. You will need a few creators or rather - many creators), each tasked with a different job. One to create suns, another to create planets, another to coordinate their gravities, and positions relative to one another. Anotrher to create the climates on the planets (oh, this will arise naturally, cause by the planet's distance from its star, day/night duration, revolutions) Another to create life. Nah too many things for anyone, no matter how powerful to accomplish.

Cheers!

I still find your reply irrelevant to what I was asking. Basically I am asking you for a Yes/No reply to the following questions:

1. Can an all-powerful God create the universe in an instant? Yes or No
2. Can an all-powerful God create the universe in 6 days? Yes or No
3. Can an all-powerful God create the universe in 6 billion years? Yes or No

Please answer based on the logic of the question itself, do not bring in the part about what scientists now believe how old the universe is. This is the mistake you made earlier in your reply. You simply took as truth what scientists are saying about the age of the universe and then proceed to answer no to the questions. The questions begin with the word “CAN”, and not “DID”.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. No.
2. No.
3. Still, No.

The universe is so vast. You will need a few creators or rather - many creators), each tasked with a different job. One to create suns, another to create planets, another to coordinate their gravities, and positions relative to one another. Anotrher to create the climates on the planets (oh, this will arise naturally, cause by the planet's distance from its star, day/night duration, revolutions) Another to create life. Nah too many things for anyone, no matter how powerful to accomplish.

Cheers!

Wow.....your understanding of omnipotence is not what is supposed to be at all. I am talking about an all powerful God but you are talking about many not-powerful gods. And you also violate Occam's Razor by increasing entities unnecessarily.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ommnipotent God more powerful. Created the universe in 1 day, the founder died and came back after 6 days! Fed 1000 people with 5 loaves of bread and still have 10 loaves left. All are facts, science is bs :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all powerful God can only be - Hollywood, because everything is possible on screen, minutes can be stretched to years, and millennium compressed to seconds, people can travel forward and backward in time. The past can be undone. So there you have the almighty- Hollywood movies! Sit back, enjoy your popcorn!

Cheers!

Wow.....your understanding of omnipotence is not what is supposed to be at all. I am talking about an all powerful God but you are talking about many not-powerful gods. And you also violate Occam's Razor by increasing entities unnecessarily.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all powerful God can only be - Hollywood, because everything is possible on screen, minutes can be stretched to years, and millennium compressed to seconds, people can travel forward and backward in time. The past can be undone. So there you have the almighty- Hollywood movies! Sit back, enjoy your popcorn!

Cheers!

It seems again that you take the tact of ridicule when you could not overcome my arguments. Yes, the past cannot be undone. The issue now is, you believe the universe is billions of years old, accepting by faith what scientists tell you based on their calculations which assume the truth of evolutionary time and thus makes assumptions about the past which they are not there to verify. But there are many evidences that points to a young universe and a young earth, and dating methods are not as reliable as touted as different methods can give highly disparate results on the same subject being tested. The existence of short period comets are one good evidence for a young universe. If the universe is that old these should not be around at all. Evolutionists then invent an imaginary Oort Cloud which conveniently ejects such comets into the Solar System. These are fudge factors and ad hoc just so explanations, not science.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I first came across "fudge factors" in university science lab assignments. We did it to make our assignements look authentic, and as long as the team all agreed on them, they became actual "data" which the prof accepted as our work, and measurements, and observations. As long as nobody blabbed, its was considered good honest work. Then in working life, once in while some joker squeals and the law arrest those "fudgers" and they get charged in court for fraud. Not good ya? So best is everyone in the know, keeps their mouth shut! Then everything will be fine.

Cheers!

It seems again that you take the tact of ridicule when you could not overcome my arguments. Yes, the past cannot be undone. The issue now is, you believe the universe is billions of years old, accepting by faith what scientists tell you based on their calculations which assume the truth of evolutionary time and thus makes assumptions about the past which they are not there to verify. But there are many evidences that points to a young universe and a young earth, and dating methods are not as reliable as touted as different methods can give highly disparate results on the same subject being tested. The existence of short period comets are one good evidence for a young universe. If the universe is that old these should not be around at all. Evolutionists then invent an imaginary Oort Cloud which conveniently ejects such comets into the Solar System. These are fudge factors and ad hoc just so explanations, not science.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I first came across "fudge factors" in university science lab assignments. We did it to make our assignements look authentic, and as long as the team all agreed on them, they became actual "data" which the prof accepted as our work, and measurements, and observations. As long as nobody blabbed, its was considered good honest work. Then in working life, once in while some joker squeals and the law arrest those "fudgers" and they get charged in court for fraud. Not good ya? So best is everyone in the know, keeps their mouth shut! Then everything will be fine.

Cheers!

Believe it or not, that happens in “real” world science too. And peer reviewed science publications are just toeing the line, say anything out of line or controversial or even critical of Darwinian evolution and your paper will see the trashbin. And there goes your funding and name as well. These are institutionalised blind spots that everybody who sees it must pretend not to see them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. We recently just heard it from carbon emission reports by auto manufaturers, lying about the pollutive levels by Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi Motors. That's the nature of the world we live in today. False reporting. Who knows what else was fabricated in history!

Cheers!

Believe it or not, that happens in “real” world science too. And peer reviewed science publications are just toeing the line, say anything out of line or controversial or even critical of Darwinian evolution and your paper will see the trashbin. And there goes your funding and name as well. These are institutionalised blind spots that everybody who sees it must pretend not to see them.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you believe that God made everything on Earth, so he made the Sasquatch too? (And the yeti as well). So, how come these creatures didn't show up at Noah's Ark? And if they did, why wasn't it recorded? Does this make Noah a part of the conspiracy to cover up the existence of Bigfoot?

Cheers!

Since you want to be intentionally facetious, I will play along with you.

Yes, if these creatures do exist, they will be on the Ark. Since they are also land dwelling creatures.

Having said that, can you show me where the Bible specifically record exactly which type of animals went up the Ark? If you can show me that the Bible mentions specific animals that went up the Ark, then you have a point, it should not have left out mentioning Sasquatch, Yeti, or Bigfoot.

Last point, the Bible recorded that God was the one who sent the animals to Noah’s Ark, which means Noah did not need to set traps to catch the animals or drag them into the Ark. So if Yeti and Sasquatch are real, yes, God will send them there too. Happy with this answer? LOL!

And no, there is no Noah conspiracy here. But a lot of atheist ignorance that I am exposing! LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good and clever answer. I am happy with your reply. I hope the Sasquatch (and yeti) are found and proven to exist. Reason I believe is because I want to - I know there is no definite proof for their existence, but hundreds, if not thousands of people have claimed to have seen it. Compared to God (how many people claimed to have seen God?) Yet people believe God exists! So, yetis are real, and exist. BTW, these famous creatures have a smaller relative living closer to us here - Orang Pendek, in Sumatra. I am willing to join any expedition that hopes to look for it. Know of anything of this sort? Appreciate if you could clue me in. Thanks!

Cheers!

Since you want to be intentionally facetious, I will play along with you.

Yes, if these creatures do exist, they will be on the Ark. Since they are also land dwelling creatures.

Having said that, can you show me where the Bible specifically record exactly which type of animals went up the Ark? If you can show me that the Bible mentions specific animals that went up the Ark, then you have a point, it should not have left out mentioning Sasquatch, Yeti, or Bigfoot.

Last point, the Bible recorded that God was the one who sent the animals to Noah’s Ark, which means Noah did not need to set traps to catch the animals or drag them into the Ark. So if Yeti and Sasquatch are real, yes, God will send them there too. Happy with this answer? LOL!

And no, there is no Noah conspiracy here. But a lot of atheist ignorance that I am exposing! LOL!